Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Hmm.. like in with your rice when you were cooking it? I pack the butter and chopped garlic in when I cook my rice. I say there’s no such thing as too much butter! Hence why my cholesterol is sky high!

2. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

I'll see ya at the gym

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Swap in olive oil instead of butter.

4. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Never heard that term. Funny

5. Othello1967

Not all Latinos/Hispanics are of Mexican ancestry. Those of Mexican ancestry tend to be a little over 5' so that may be a negative. However, those relationships happen in areas where there is a high percentage of Latinos.

6. Othello1967

I`ve always wondered why they do not say Mexican American as opposed to just saying Mexican. The typical American hearing the term Mexican immediately think "illegal".

7. orejon4

Right - and depending on the nationality and racial composition of the Latino in question, whites who frown on IR may not even pay any attention or notice.

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Saw Cocaine Bear tonight.

It was ridiculous and ridiculously entertaining. It was a fun movie with a ridiculous concept...sort of like Snakes On a Plane.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. orejon4

Thanks for the review. I’m going to see it this weekend!

10. CAkicker

Talking to/approaching women is scary. You don't know if a woman is going to pepper spray you for just saying hi.

11. Bookworm616

What did you think of it?

12. CAkicker

This morning I saw something that I thought I would never see, my mom in tears, After what happened in Nashville. The last time I saw her cry was when her sister died last year. Me, I'm angry. What is the heck is wrong with these people.

13. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Why there are so many simps in the black community than any other group.?

upload_2023-4-7_8-51-39.jpeg

14. Bookworm616

My daughter and I went to LA two weeks ago. We spent 4 days there. Our main objective was to see a concert. The concert was well worth the trip.

The rest of the time was seeing LA. I have to say, LA sucks. The amount of homeless people made me sad. The city itself is ridiculous. Going 4 miles took like 30 minutes. The bad traffic you hear about LA is absolutely true. I missed the compactness and traffic of Chicago. I also came away from the trip as loving Chicago more and realizing what a better city Chicago is. Chicago is the best major city in the country. Change my mind.

Seeing the Hollywood sign in person was cool. Rodeo Drive was meh. Sunset Blvd was meh. The Pacific Coast Highway was easily my favorite part of the trip (aside from the concert). It's beautiful and I didn't want to stop driving on it.

Overall, I think LA and Beverly Hills are portrayed better in movies and TV shows than it's portrayed in real life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. 2legit

2legit Active Member

There is truth to what you are saying about LA, full of bums, mental patients and drug and alcohol addicts on the streets that they can't get rid of because of maybe some lawyers, activists, politicians etc who will exacerbate homelessness. You don't have to ever visit that city. All you have to do is google Skid Row Los Angles and you'll see. The same thing can be said about many major American cities. If you visit Stockholm, Sweden or Tokyo, Japan this summer, will you see the same blight ? I highly doubt it.

16. orejon4

I haven’t been to LA since 1973, so I can’t speak to the atmosphere in the city, but a close friend says Berkeley and the SF Bay Area area are much the same. That being said, both Miami and Chicago have similar challenges with homelessness, so i cannot say that any major city has the problem solved..

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  17. orejon4

The events in New York within the last 24 hours have certainly put this conversation into perspective.

18. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Look what feminism has done to womens' mindset. Pure hate for the opposite sex. she was brainwashed by the education system

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Very silly young girl.

20. 2legit

2legit Active Member

She is saying this tongue in cheek and the guy with the white T-shirt on her right is probably her boyfriend, but there is gender war going on, in an ideal world there shouldn't be a war between the sexes, heterosexual men and women need each other . Their relationship should be based on mutual love and respect.