Celebrity R.I.P.s

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm saddened, too! She kept this brief suffering from her fans. Can't believe she is no more.:( R.I.P Kirstie. :(

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

3. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Very much so :’( damn bloody fkn cancer!!! I’m astounded that she was 71 and looked so effortlessly youthful!! Naturally gorgeous!

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

She was a really good actress who left an indelible impression on all of us throughout her long career.

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So, Kirstie died from the same cancer that took Chadwick Boseman at 43 -- colon cancer.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Definitely. I'll admit that I was extremely skeptical when she replaced Shelly Long on "Cheers" way back when.

Fortunately Kirstie Alley was able to really hold her own amidst all of those colorful supporting characters on the classic sitcom.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the "Look Who's Talking" movies where she was able to thrive as well and she had terrific chemistry with John Travolta to make that whole thing work.

For me one of her most underrated performances was in "The Last Don". It was very slept on.

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. beccaomecca

My 78 year old Nanna was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer the year covid hit :’-( I’m not sure if it’s the same over there, but over here once you are over a certain age they post bowel screening tests to you. For whatever reason my Nanna never did it - the scariest part about cancer is you can still look well on the outside but being taken over by the bs on the inside. We all feel like we’ll never get it until we do. So for REAL get six monthly checkups if you need to, it’s the least you can do for yourself.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I think I saw "The Last Don" starring Danny Aeillo. It was a TV adaptation of a book by Mario Puzzi if memory miraculously serves me right. I'm gonna have to pull it up on Cinema-Free. We must also recognize and celebrate her Kistie Alley for her Emmy award-worthy performance (though unrequited) in ABC's TV adaptation of John Jakes "North and South" where she beat out Heather Locklear and other celebrated 80's actresses to claim the role of Virgilia Hazard, the Abolitionist fanatic black sheep of the Hazard family who performed a scintillating IR lust scene in 1986!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Actor Ronnie Turner son of Tina Turner, dead at 62.

R.I.P.
    [​IMG]

He acted in 90's movie, 'What's Love Got to Do With It'.

[​IMG]
    It's unclear what led to Ronnie's medical emergency, but he's had health issues for years, including cancer.
    Thursday morning, a person called 911 saying Ronnie was outside their home and having a hard time breathing. A few minutes later, he stopped breathing.

In 2018, Tina's oldest son, Craig, died by suicide.

Condolences to Tina for her losses. Losing both sons is an immense burden to bear on a mother.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • List
  12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Stephen 'Twitch' Boss, SYTYCD Runner-Up and Ellen Staple, Dead At 40

Rest In Peace

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He was her DJ since 2014...and then Executive Producer....
    Maaannn, this is crazy...

Screenshot_20221214-123941_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Executive producer of Ellen DeGeneres' show dies aged 40
    https://mol.im/a/11537847

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  14. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

:( RIP Twitch. Sending positive vibes to Allison and their children.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Look at his beautiful family he created... this is truly tragic. We don't know the state of mind of people, that's what's so scary, so many would have been there for him if he had let on... :(

Screenshot_20221214-140014_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Screenshot_20221214-140046_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    He posted this 2 days ago and a fun exercise clip with his wife..

This comment though...
    Screenshot_20221214-135756_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Screenshot_20221214-135946_Daily Mail Online.jpg

16. beccaomecca

The people who exert the most happiness on the outside are usually the ones dying on the inside. WOW this is SO incredibly sad :’-( If only men were taught how to be in tune with their feelings and emotions and not have to feel like have to keep their pain so bottled just because they are a man, maybe they wouldn’t opt for such tragic measures. No one will admit to it but men need just as much care as women, they’re usually holding themselves together just for the wife and family because that’s what’s been instilled in them.

I feel so sorry for the wife and kids I don’t know how you’d get over such a thing :’-(

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed. Tragic the demons inside him engulfed his being.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. 2legit

2legit Active Member

20. beccaomecca

Damn, this is insightful.