BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I confess....the reason I never posted anything about this show after seeing this trailer a few weeks ago is because I couldn't tell whom the black lead was really romancing. If its the white dude then, hey, cool, but it doesn't count for what we on this site are looking for. Otherwise we would be all in on "Interview with A Vampire."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

He Romances Both, He is Bi. The focus is more on the girl for most of the show though
    @ColiBreh1 @JamalSpunky

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

5. daemonova

6. daemonova

Ghosts for BBC as opposed to the American version.

3 seasons up on HBO max, if it wasn't trending I wouldn't have noticed

• List
  7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I actually knew about that one. I guess I thought it was already mentioned here, but maybe I was wrong. That original version is the reason I wasn't psyched to watch the American version. I wanted to see another black dude lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I don't know if you guys watch The Young And The Restless but
    Abby and Devon hooked up this week. This is Abby's 3rd Black man, that has to be a record on a Soap for a White actress.

9. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

Recipes for Love and Murder
    in ep 10 Maria Doyle Kennedy had love scene with black man

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

What kind of scene is it?

11. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

its in end of ep 10 a lot of kiss in bed

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I'm not bothering with the spoiler tag because it has been four days.

Devon-Abby's sex scene was nice. I didn't expect a hookup between them to happen. She had recently gotten back her husband who had been lost and Devon has been settled with a nice lady of his own. My eyes were more focused on another potential IR pairing between Nate and Victoria who have plenty of chemistry of their own. Is that still gonna happen now? The show may have a cap on how many black dudes and white women can hook up at one time. Interesting enough if both pairs end up as couples for a period of time then you will have these two Winters men (cousins) being attached to two Newman women (sisters), and what elevates the intrigue even more is that the two cousins right now are heated rivals because Nate almost sold out his family's company to Victoria.

Back to Devon and Abby....this is the second time I can recall a white woman who was either married or heavily involved with a white male have an affair wit a black dude. The only other time happened this past year or last on the Bold and the Beautiful with Carter and Quinn. And perhaps the mostly positive feedback of that gave Y&R (on the same network and produced by the same company) the courage to go ahead with this Devon-Abby thing. I always wanted to see Abby in a real relationship with a black guy, not in a relationship that was pushed to the side as a barely-there storyline. That's what happened the first two times she has been hooked up with a black man, in particular her second one which was with Nate. This possible pairing with Devon seems much more substantial. They do have a real connection and history. They are the best of friends and share a baby. So its been a slow build in part because TPTB were probably never intending a romance to happen between them, although at times you could see that there was a chance they could explore it.

The actress playing Abby, Melissa Ordway, is not one of the top actresses on the show but she has always been one of both the most beautiful and sexiest. She has a fantastic, amazon figure, very shapely. But she has the sweetest face to go along with it. Her body is perfect for sex scenes and the one she had with Devon did not disappoint. It actually surpassed all my expectations. They were having sex on every piece of furniture , every stair, every inch of floor in his penthouse suite. There was a moment in which he even aggressively turned her around and pressed her against the wall. I think someone on the production team watched too many Blacked videos. :) Now its a daytime show so it can only get so racy and because nudity is not an option, Abby's bra ridiculously stays on during the whole thing when in reality that would have been one of the first pieces of clothing to go. But it was still HOT. Arguably more sexually charged than any sex scene between a black man and a white woman ever on a daytime soap, possibly even more than Carter and Quinn.

On twitter I've seen a couple of angry responses. That's to be expected. One that made me laugh was from a black woman who tweeted that it was obvious the writers weren't black because in reality Devon would never cheat on his "gorgeous" black girlfriend with some average white chick. Look, the actress playing Devon's girlfriend is beautiful. But to act as if the actress playing Abby isn't gorgeous herself at the age of 39 is laughable. I have no time for such nonsense. The only time some of those black folks on twitter care about black love is when the shows or movies are presenting black men options other than black women. When its the opposite, and I must point out Devon has a sister on this show who has hooked up exclusively with white men for about two decades, they are completely silent.

• List
  13. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Nate and Victoria would be hot, but Nate and Abby was hot but was cut off at the knees. If they go the Nate and Victoria route I hope they don't get short changed.

14. Cocoarnold

Cocoarnold New Member

East new york police procedural on cbs season 1 episode 7 officer Quinlan and officer bentley kiss

15. Skaddix

American TV has too many Cop Shows.

16. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I watched most of the 1st episode of "The Peripheral" last night. It seems pretty obvious the Hispanic cop is the end game love interest for Chloe Grace-Moretz's lead character Flynne.

Anyways, according to the detailed Wikipedia book summary Gary Carr's character, Wilf, ends up with his former coworker from Canada. Do y'all know which character/actress on the show that is?

• List
  18. Skaddix

@ColiBreh1 They have changed a lot from the book apparently. I am going to be shocked if this cop doesn't get killed he is a dumbass.

I am not sure. I know they have referenced Canada. But goddamn does the Future Suck in this show.

• List
  19. Cocoarnold

Cocoarnold New Member

[/SPOILER]
    If you're not watching the peripheral then you're missing out the IR in this show is everywhere ww/bm,bm/aw.
    The recent episode 7 shows a timeline where chloe grace married the hispanic cop as oppposed to this timeline in which the hispanic cops gf is the white nurse so this is a different timeline but they might also change this timeline again but its worth it the chemistry of flynne and wilf is there.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • List
  20. daemonova