Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

HBO Renews House of The Dragon For Season 2

It’s official: Game of Thrones is a bona fide franchise. HBO has just renewed House of the Dragon for a second season.

The move came relatively quickly following the series premiere of Dragon on Sunday, which delivered 10 million viewers overnight — an HBO record for a series opener and roughly on par with the premiere of Game of Thrones season six. Now HBO reports that in the days since the show’s premiere, the first episode’s viewership has climbed to 20 million viewers in the U.S. across linear, on-demand, and HBO Max platforms.

HBO brass has been bullish on Dragon and previously suggested the company was eager to greenlight another round should the premiere come out of the gate strong.

The renewal may not just be important for Dragon‘s future. HBO has at least seven Game of Thrones spinoff projects in development (four scripted, at least three animated). Dragon opening well enough to warrant a speedy second-season renewal could bode well for at least one other project getting an eventual series order.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Who else here is hoping HBO greenlights "Princess Nymeria & her 10,000 ships" first of all the spin-offs!?! The glorious pinnacle of the Rhoynar and then the Rhoynish Wars with Young Valyria ~ Water Wizards vs Dragon Lords!! The "B" plot should be Southern Westoros and Lord Mors Martell in his ongoing struggles with House Yronwood and House Dayne!!

3. Young Herschel

If anyone else hasn't discovered yet . . . the SMARTCAST on your television is not the best presentation to watch "House of the Dragon". I originally assumed it would be . . . because that is just how I watch HBO Max to get the best picture. This HBO adaptation was done to kick Prime Video's "Rings of Power" in the neck lol as they knew what they were up against via HDR 10+ that Prime Video puts its signature originals out on. If you can get an Apple+ streaming box from Walmart or wherever then do so and you will be witnessing "House of the Dragon" in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I got the hook-up for anyone who wants it on eBay too with "Hong Kong Harry" aka hkpartspipe2013 who can get you the latest and greatest 4k Ultra Hi-Def HDMI cables in just two weeks time (protected by the eBay moneyback guarantee). I have bought two AudioQuest cables from him and he gets them straight from the source (factory warehouse in China). They were $50 in December 2019 and then $40 for the second one months later in May 2020 and BEST BUY sells one at 2m for $400 price match guarantee.

Believe me . . . you have not truly witnessed "House of the Dragon" until you get AudioQuest Vodka cables for your 4k UHD home theatre and the Apple+ streamer is the Critic's Choice of all the streaming devices. This series is too impressive (and too expensive) to watch in anything less than 4K Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range and hear the Dolby Atmos of those flying dragons!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1661733058300.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dunk & Egg spinoff series would be my choice for the next spin off show because they can do multiple season & as they age Egg up they can touch upon the different Blackfyre Rebellions that took place during this era as the secondary plot running through the series.

• List
  6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1661443507503.jpg

7. SilverSmith

House of the Dragon Episode 3 Preview

• List
  8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1661852100729.jpg

9. SilverSmith

The Making Of House of the Dragon: Behind The Scenes, On-Set Visit & Creating Visual Effects

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220831_183613.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1661990785688.jpg

13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1662210012735.jpg

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1662209529468.jpg

15. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1661991030318.jpg

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1662297622245.jpg

17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

FB_IMG_1662302289174.jpg

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched a single second of this new show, but this meme got me LOL

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Hold up. He couldn’t have done all that earlier?

(Taps writers on their heads) Bad writers room. Bad.

20. Young Herschel

What are you referring to???
    Prince Daemon's Hail Mary FTW mission on the Stepstones?? He just accomplished something that Aegon the Conqueror and his two Sister-Wives could not. He took out the Dornish and their allies of the Triarchy who used Guerilla warfare tactics to frustrate the Dragonlords. That letter from King Viserys must have evoked such emotional motivation in him to claim victory on his terms or die trying!!!