BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well I am glad your believe paid off. Too Little too Late in my book. But god Legacies was such a disappointment.

I went in expecting Dark Academia and got...I am not quite sure. A show less adult then TVD with a Big Bad who was a puddle.

I hear they want to make another Spinoff...I have no idea how that work but hopefully Dark Academia this time and the Black Males get good treatment. Maybe not having legacies will free them up to make interesting choices.

2. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I can't complain too much about this, a WW/BM pairing that had a long drawn out love story and ended up together and happy I'll take it.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Looks like the brotha on The CW's "In The Dark", Darnell James (played by Keston John), is involved in a IR with Ana Ayora's character. I stumbled onto this clip from this week's episode (Season 4, Episode 2):

I've only watched the 1st season & never caught up to the current 4th/final season. Looks like I got a reason to get back into the show.

Based on last week's episode of The CW's "Walker" (Season 2, Episode 18)... Trey & Walker's new Texas Ranger partner, Cassie Perez (played by Ashley Reyes), are becoming closer platonic friends. Cassie tried to set Trey up with another chick, but Trey spent more time interacting with Cassie. Towards the end they're jokingly talking about becoming roomates because both of them are coincidentally considering moving to the same apartment complex.

So Trey & Cassie on The CW's "Walker" are a relationship to keep an eye on.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I knew this show looked familiar. I only watched this episode and a couple more. I couldn't get into it. I'm surprised they are lasting 4 seasons.

5. ColiBreh1

I'll give "Legacies" credit... They didn't handle slowplaying Lizzie & MG anywhere as bad as "What I Like About You" handled Gary & Tina. "What I Like About You" literally ignored the Gary-Tina 'ship in all of season 3 & all but 2-3 episodes in the final 4th season.

TVLine just put out a video for the 10 characters in the TVD universe:

I can't imagine any character on "Legacies" other than Alaric making this list, LOL.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  6. Jeffrey Tripp

I saw the whole top 25 characters list and Alaric, Lizzie, and MG made the cut.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

Hope didn't make the list?

8. ColiBreh1

I always gotta go back & read through this thread because there are always gonna be shows I missed or forgot about being mentioned in the thread. Netflix's "The Society" is a good example. According to Wikipedia... the brotha on this show, Will (played by Jacques Colimon) is the BFF & love interest of the female lead character Allie (played by Kathryn Newton from The CW's "Supernatural"). If @Young Herschel had mentioned that when he originally posted about the show, this show might've not gone over everyone's head.

I watched the 1st episode last night. Allie is definitely into Will romantically, but Will is much more interested in another chick & looks at Allie as only a platonic best friend.

Here are the trailers:

@darkcurry @qaz1 Did y'all ever get into Netflix's "The Society"?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  9. Jeffrey Tripp

Yeah she was at 10 like in the video, the full list is an extension of the video.

10. Jeffrey Tripp

I did and let's just say that brotha does very well for himself on the White girl front.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Wasn't Society awhile ago? And got disrupted and cancelled cause of Covid. I do like those transported to another world stories.

12. darkcurry

I have not.

13. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

Idk about The Society, I have little interest in starting a show that is cancelled after 10 episodes. Which is a shame because the plot sounds like something that'd be up my alley.

14. ColiBreh1

It's summertime when nothing is on. This is perfect time to quickly binge short-lived shows that interest you.

15. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

I hate when shows end without the planned resolution though, like knowing they didn't get to tell the story, and it likely ended on a cliffhanger kills the interest for me personally.

It's something that I feel like people have been getting frustrated with Netflix about. People are getting tired of how quickly Netflix is cancelling shows, and people are afraid to give new shows a shot when they think it'll just be cancelled.

16. kalel32688

kalel32688 Member

I just finished watching When the Streetlights Go On on Roku. The main character, Charlie (Chosen Jacobs, AKA Young Mike from IT), has a crush a white girl, Becky (Sophie Thatcher AKA Teen Natalie from Yellowjackets). However, he dates another white girl on the show.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. darkcurry

When The Streetlights Go On | Official Trailer

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Per usual the trailer doesn't show any idea of a IR.

But this looks like it's good. Will have to check it out sometime this summer.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

19. darkcurry

They sold this trailer like it was a movie! lol.

20. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

potential interracial relationship, they kissed at least

Um........very not safe for work