BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL. Have you ever watched the NBC sitcom "30 Rock" OR Netflix sitcom "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"? This sitcom "Girls5eva" is produced by the same people who produced those 2 other sitcoms & it has the exact same comedic tone as those 2 shows.

So if you seen those shows, that should give you the context of that music video. It's meant to to SNL parody-style.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Apple TV + Renews Schmigadoon For Season 2

Apple TV+ has renewed its AFI Award-winning musical comedy “Schmigadoon” for a second season.
    The quirky series follows a couple ( Cecily Strong and Keegan-Michael Key) as they stumble upon a town in which everyone acts as if they’re in a classical musical.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That finale in the first season played out like a (happy) season finale. I wonder what they could do with the Josh & Mel storyline going forward in season 2 in... Schmicago! lol.

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Dominic Goodman (Apollo) & Gracie Dzienny (Elinor) from Netflix series First Kill

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... Nobody ever commented on “Schmigadoon” after it was originally posted about in this thread, so I assumed nobody got into it.

7. darkcurry

Well I used to write reviews on certain shows and movies but haven't had time recently. It was okay. Not my cup of tea(musical) but the IR had a very good storyline to it.

8. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Kiss scene Evil 3x01​

9. darkcurry

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They're taking FULL advantage of this show moving to paramount+ and if you seen the first episode that's out already you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. chamber

chamber Active Member

New Sky1 Tv series The Lazarus Project

11. darkcurry

Looks intriguing! I'm in to check it out.

12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Okay, so I have to backtrack. I had gotten my actresses mixed up I believe. I don't know if Sadie's parents truly had any objection to the kiss, but what I have now recall (or have been reminded) is that Sadie herself had a bit of an issue with the kiss because it was introduced at the last minute and it was to be her first onscreen smooch. And I can't find fault with that. Actresses far older than her at that time wit far more experience have been known to get a little rattled when male directors introduce nude scenes or love scenes in a script that were not previously there. So I can imagine what a kid like Sadie must have been going through when she was suddenly told she would have to kiss a boy, especially considering she was known to be very shy at that time, much moreso tan her co-stars. She was likely nervous as fuck.

What I did get right is how extremely close she is with her co-star who plays Lucas and how she is such a vocal champion of the relationship between their characters. She has gone on record recently saying she considered the moments with him to be the most special scenes for her character (which is saying a lot considering how they don't share enough screen time imo). Also a short while ago when two interviewers asked her if she favors a romantic pairing relationship between Max and Lucas or between Max and Eleven (because people are obligated to conjure up imaginary gay pairings that don't exist onscreen), Sadie was having none of that nonsense and quickly went with Lucas and Max.

Also I like this quote from her as well"

https://twitter.com/strangerlara/status/1531738270400450561

13. JamalSpunky

So I was wondering when a trailer for this would hit. It does look very good. But I have an issue with the actor. He is amazingly talented and I recently saw him in the movie "Men" in which he played the husband to the white female lead. However to be blunt he doesn't have Leading Man looks and I hate it when the industry gives such rare high profile roles like this to black men who don't rise to that bar. Call me shallow but what you see from the industry almost exclusively these days is the casting of "ideal-looking" white men when they are the leads, the type that makes ladies of all races go swooning on twitter. You aren't going to find folks choosing bald or prominently balding white dudes that's for certain. And if you don't think that's not intentional you aren't paying attention. Black men aren't given jack in terms of opportunities like this these days. When they are give me a more conventionally handsome representation. Just my two cents. I know it should not matter but it does. Disagree if you will.

Also it appears that the white male antagonist has a black woman love interest which means a BM/WW can't even have a little corner to themselves without the presence of the most overused representation of IR coupling in today's media (WM/BW).

14. JamalSpunky

It was an outstanding season opener. Still take pride that a few years back while some here were more excited about "Stumptown", I had placed my chips with the more intriguing "Evil" which made its debut that same Fall. I have not been disappointed.

15. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

I agree in a lot of stuff except the handsome look, while it's pretty true all you said about entertaintment media, don't forget about the overused trop "white loser man who deserves the woman only bc of that" (that friend of adam sandler, etc).
    Media is obssesed with convincing any woman of any race all it's ok if he is just white, she "must" date him only cause he is white.

16. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Those people looks like they didn't have a friend. Dude, this obssesion with saying "these boys/girls are gay" despite only being best friends..
    And how happy they got when their cringe headcannon happens in cannon few times a character is written out of character.
    Friendship seemingly it isn't possible now, if you say hi to someone, you have a crush

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Also British Shows trend to cast a more diverse range of actors. American shows tend to be very drilled down on the hottest looking.

@JamalSpunky As for Evil I also thought it turn out better then Stumptown but that Chemistry in Evil is just Electric.

18. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

OH also for Lazarus I fully expect him to start banging his Desi Partner lol.

Funny enough watching this and the Outlaws...I am starting to more Black and Desi pairings from the Brits.

19. darkcurry

Stumptown was (and should have) headed in the right direction but screwed that up themselves because of their own agenda. But EVIL grew on me because let's be for real the dynamics of Kristen and David's relationship was and still kind of is a complicated one. But they are getting better with the storytelling of that arch.

20. darkcurry

legacies series finale spoiler

They actually did something right with the lizzie & MG storyline and ended with them being together to much of the fans delight. They both were the only two character's names trending on twitter.

Legacies 4x20 Caroline returns | Lizzie and MG kiss - YouTube

Some will say too late, but this show got too horrible with the writing that this was probably over the course of the last 3 episodes a good way to end on the Lizzie & MG storyline.