Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Thanks for that confirmation. When I saw this very same shot in the SB trailer and saw that the black dude had on the deluxe tux and standing a few feet from the bride, I had my suspicions. But information regarding the cast of supporting players was so limited I couldn't even do any detective work on it.

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Progress.

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well that was suppose to be the thing about Chapek all about hitting the Demos to stack benjamins.
    I think his top LT is also a Black Dude...hopefully not one of the brothers about denigrating the Black Man to prop up the Sistahs...SMFH.

4. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Tell us everything when you come back! (with spoiler hidden, of course xD)

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yes. And I think that is still just rumored.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I don't like that flick because of that same troupe of Black males who are challenged to express love and make it a "friendship."

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I saw the movie last night but didn't get around to posting about it.

There is no kiss. But Christine definitely marries the black guy.

On the plus side, there's no real love triangle to speak of. There's a serious chat between Christine and Strange, but she explicitly mentions that it could never have worked between them and that she's happy. Strange comes closer with a Christine from another universe, but that one never has a real chance either.

On the minus side, they make the groom a huge Dr. Strange fan. It's played for laughs, but I think some of you, like me, will only groan.

Ultimately this pairing is likely just a quick diversity grab (remember, the first Dr. Strange film had a big whitewashing problem). But the couple looked good together! All in all, I prefer she married this random guy than a non-black random guy lol.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I think comic book fans who've followed the MCU on Disney+ (particularly WandaVision, but also What If?) will follow this movie best and enjoy it most. Others might feel a little lost at some points (I'm basing that on some reviews I've read. I've been a huge comic fan for decades and followed the MCU from day 1).

Be sure to stick around for the mid-credit and end-credit scenes.

Strange's future bride shows up in the mid-credit scene, which is more plot-driving. The end-credit scene is funny tho. It's a callback to earlier in the movie, and arguably a nod to earlier Sam Raimi films.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  8. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

About Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness:
    I IMAGINED THERE IS NO KISS. So the white guy is allowed interracial on MCU talking about Spider-Man Tom Holland and his love interest... but "Is not" ok if is a BM/WW... ON A WEDDING! Glad he´s the boyfriend instead some #300 white guy, but sad about predictable no kiss scene. I really want to see Rachel McAdams kiss a black man.
    I read a time ago rumors about Jericho Drumm, current Scarlet Witch black boyfriend, showing up on this movie... sad that didn´t happened, I´d like seeing more often Elizabeth Olsen with a brotha.

I only will watch movie to be an Elizabeth Olsen Simp, I always felt "Meh" about Dr. Strange, even movies, but what happened on Captain Marvel recent comics made me directly hate him and all his fandom xD.

Glad to know you´re also a comic fan!

There is no kiss. But Christine definitely marries the black guy.

On the plus side, there's no real love triangle to speak of. There's a serious chat between Christine and Strange, but she explicitly mentions that it could never have worked between them and that she's happy. Strange comes closer with a Christine from another universe, but that one never has a real chance either.

On the minus side, they make the groom a huge Dr. Strange fan. It's played for laughs, but I think some of you, like me, will only groan.

Ultimately this pairing is likely just a quick diversity grab (remember, the first Dr. Strange film had a big whitewashing problem). But the couple looked good together! All in all, I prefer she married this random guy than a non-black random guy lol.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I think comic book fans who've followed the MCU on Disney+ (particularly WandaVision, but also What If?) will follow this movie best and enjoy it most. Others might feel a little lost at some points (I'm basing that on some reviews I've read. I've been a huge comic fan for decades and followed the MCU from day 1).

Be sure to stick around for the mid-credit and end-credit scenes.

Strange's future bride show up in the mid-credit scene, which is more plot-driving. The end-credit scene is funny tho. It's a callback to earlier in the movie, and arguably a nod to earlier Sam Raimi films.
    [/QUOTE]

9. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I'll watch the movie because I love Marvel/superhero movies but the whole no kiss thing is whack as fuck.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. darkcurry

SHARK BAIT Trailer (2022) Thriller Movie

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Are we sure the brotha's with one of the women here? Either way he looks like the first to die lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

Saw the video, I didn´t saw him with one of the women, he even seems the first one dying. Not interested.

13. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

Yeah seems unlikely to be very interesting from an IR aspect. It feels like they just met, this might be a first date but there doesn't seem likely to be time for any romance lol. She does look pretty worried when he falls off the jetski so maybe it's supposed to be a relationship there.

14. darkcurry

It's a horror movie without a romantic subplot.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'd like to think anyone nearby would look worried upon seeing someone fall off a jet ski like he did lol. But I get your point :D

16. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Looks like TUBI possibly produced it so they probably are a YA interracial couple as far as TUBI goes they always hit me with good recomendations based on my established viewing pattern.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The Crickets Dance Trailer (2020)

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah.... This is just gonna make me mad. I'm still gonna watch it lol! But I already know it's gonna make me mad

19. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

I know that this was posted earlier but this is a reminder that it's on Hulu now.

Ava is so adorable in this, almost made me forget that she was a Nazi on the second season of the Boys.

Almost.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. darkcurry

Yeah I liked that movie. An underrated IR movie about bm/ww on this thread. I recommend people see it.

• Like Like x 2
    • List