Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Watching a very compelling Suspense/Drama on Lifetime now . . . "Saving my Daughter" which was shot last year. The protagonist has an Afro-latino classmate that has finally made his romantic intentions public in their Senior year after years of playful flirtation . . . but is there a darker more ominous undertone to his objectives?

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Emilia Clarke & Chiwetel Ejiofor on the set of The Pod Generation now filming.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

[​IMG] ending still corny somebody should have been slapped for that

4. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Will and Margot had great chemistry, as I said in the past I think this movie was the beginning of modern WW/BM pairings in the mainstream.

5. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

On HBO Max until the end of the month

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching the 1st half of "Playing With Beethoven" a couple hours ago... Is just me or is the female co-lead a legit PAWG? She's looking kinda thick when they show shots of her walking from behind.

8. darkcurry

How did you like it? I watched this a couple months ago and it was underrated. Didn't expect the performances to be so solid.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Aside of the male co-lead's constant shitting on his dad & his unnecessary victim complex, yeah "Playing With Beethoven" was solid. Were the 2 lead characters High School age or were they college age? I wasn't 100% sure.

LOL, finally an appropriate role for Sam Richardson. The last 3 films/TV show I've seen where he was involved in a IR, I've criticized his lack of leading man looks for those roles, pointing out he's a character actor. Watching this trailer for "Senior Year", I didn't feel the need to do that. He fits fine.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I actually got a good chuckle out of watching that.

12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

He's a comedian so him not having leading man looks is okay. I object more to the so-called black leading men who don't measure up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly sure which movies you mean, but I actually liked him in his movies with Brittany Snow (Hooking Up) and Milana Vayntrub (Werewolves Within). I thought he looked just fine with both incredibly gorgeous women. What's with the double standard LOL??? There are plenty of white guys who get those roles without "leading man looks"

For example.... Shia Labeouf, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogan, Jay Baruchel, Jon Favreau, Steve Carell, Michael Cera, Kevin James, Vince Vaughn, Danny Devito, Chevy Chase, Jim Belushi, Evan Handler, James Gandolfini, we can go on and on lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Wow Rebel Wilson lost a lot of weight! I can actually remember seeing headlines about it a while back online, but I just assumed they were spam traps lol

15. darkcurry

I don't remember if they even really touched on that because the school they went to was for classical piano lessons.

16. Jeffrey Tripp

Ethan Hawke will play her husband so I don't think there will be any IR.

17. darkcurry

Yeah and I remember Denzel Washington being attached to this at first what got people thinking that Denzel and Julia were going to make up for the pelican brief. lol.

18. Jeffrey Tripp

Oh don't bring up Pelican Brief, that was one of the biggest missed opportunities ever for IR. Julia herself expressed disappointment. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Julia was on board for on-screen romance with Denzel?

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Time to turn on HBO Max, lol.