Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Lol @ thinking that Democrats watch right-wing news because it's more credible. They watch for the same reasons that my dad, who was lifelong Democrat, watched Fox News: because they can't stand those people and hate-watching is definitely a thing.

Credibility lmao

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

That's exactly what it is. My brother does the same thing, every once in a while he will call me, and rail on for 15 minutes about some infuriating thing he heard on Fox News. I always respond the same way "stop watching it than" but he can't, it's like he's addicted to being outraged.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah its hate watching plus @Since1980 and @Thump it is useful to get an idea on what the other side is thinking some of the time.

6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It's the same reason why Rush Limbaugh had such a large following at his peak: a lot of those listeners were people who couldn't stand what he had to say, but were unable to not listen to him say it. There's money in outrage.

That is true. Especially on the right, where talking heads have a much larger influence on politics and politicians than on the left.

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2022-02-03-22-26-09_(1).jpg

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220204_233328.jpg

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20220204_233926.jpg
    20220204_233838.jpg

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Democrats have to flip over to Fox because deep down, they know CNN is either lying to them or keeping them in the dark.

For example, Don Le'mon's buddy and Democrat darling Avanetti, was found guilty of scamming Stormy, his client.
    Don's top story?
    Crying over CNN's Zuker being "unfaily" ousted for fucking his underling for decades.

Not one word on Avanetti.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Avenatti's situation has been covered extensively by CNN news. Don Lemon is an editorialist, like Tucker. He discusses subjects that appeal to him. If you watch CNN only to see Don Lemon as a source for NEWS, you're an idiot.
    Fox NEWS, meanwhile, deliberately doesn't cover NEWS that's politically difficult for the GOP. Like the Capitol insurrection.

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Case in point, this tweet I saw trending on my feed today:

https://twitter.com/NV_NYC/status/1489775897100140544
    [​IMG]

14. andreboba

Most conservatives are about their political agenda, not about telling the TRUTH.
    NPR is just another convenient political target to deflect from the fact that they are the ones who censor news.

The facts?? Yes, NPR did cover the fact the UK was beginning to drop mask mandates.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-has-lifted-most-of-its-covid-19-restrictions
    THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
    England Has Lifted Most Of Its COVID-19 Restrictions, Even As U.K. Cases Are Up 41%

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Your link is July, 2021. Covers gatherings. Pre-omnicron.

@ColiBreh1 's tweet post is Jan, 24th, 2022.
    All mandates removed, including vaccine passports. That's huge.
    But you didn't know that. Your NPR news is different and 8 months old.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

LOL at "insurrection".

The major story that afternoon was Avanetti. It was not covered by any of CNN's primetime shows. Not one.

17. andreboba

18. andreboba

Excuse me but July 2021 is months BEFORE January 2022. So for someone to say NPR didn't cover the lifting of COVID19 restrictions in the UK is a lie.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So why are you wasting your time & energy with the ones here? As you can clearly see all they will do is post up propaganda in order to "OWN" you (especially you since you seem to be their favorite whipping boy on this site) to counter any facts you post. Anyone else buying their propaganda has already fallen down the far right wing rabbit hole to do any good anyway.......

20. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

British guy here, Thanks for fact-checking before I did ahah