BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

I don't watch that show and won't, mind spoiling it for me/others what happens regarding BM/WW relationship in the show? Can spoiler protect it in case others don't want to know.

2. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I'm kind of new around here and don't know how to do the spoiler tag.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

You know the straight black guy is a diversity hire when they don't have much for him or start cucking him. I read somewhere that he won't be in season 3 or 4 of Emily In Paris.

They went with Cassie cucking Mckay one last time on Euphoria for Algee Smith's last episode on that show. lol.

I seen some pics where they had lil meech on there too macking to Maddy
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure of how many episodes he's in as I don't watch this show anymore. But if he isn't in it for long they'll screw his character over too.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

2 official preview clips from last week's series premiere:

an official clip from this week's upcoming 2nd episode:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Are you sure you read something like that?
    There have been no official casting announcements for seasons 3 and 4.

6. LucasBanner

LucasBanner Member

The part you want to hide goes where I wrote hidden. [SPOILERR] HIDDEN [/SPOILERR] just remove the extra R to make it spelled correctly.

7. darkcurry

I can't remember the exact link as I was jsut scrolling for spoilers to see how they did this IR and the black male character. But this link is close enough >> https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a38641207/emily-in-paris-season-3/

They are moving his character to London. Emily is staying in Paris or moving to Chicago. lol.

Not to mention they're saying she still in love with the white guy and Alfie doesn't know about that.

8. Jeffrey Tripp

Okay so basically
    Emily went to confess her love to the White guy without even having a conversation with the Black guy but she found out that he decided to get back with his ex. So she already chose the White guy which means the only use for the Black guy is to be a speed bump until the reunion.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

According to the producers, the next season will shoot on the outskirts of Paris this spring or summer. Other locations are being explored, including, you guessed it, London.

• List
  10. darkcurry

Yeah to me that also sets up them playing him out of the show. Like she visits him here and there in London from time to time and when she makes her decision her final visit to London will be the break up. So that filming location in London that @SilverSmith just informed me of could very well spell the end of the IR. But we will see if they actually go outside the norm of how they do IRRs. So let it play out. lol.

11. Jeffrey Tripp

And it's crazy because it's yet another situation where the audience seems to prefer the Black guy. But when has that ever mattered?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. darkcurry

Have to look out for what role they give the black actors and white actors in these situations. Like for instance:

• the role of Gabriel the handsome downstairs neighbor the one she is in love with went to a white actor, the role of her banker charming boyfriend is black.
    • The role of the seducer in The Vouyers went to a white actor, the role of the soft boyfriend went to a black actor.
    • The role of the Max who had a crush on Zoe in Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist went to a white actor and the role of the Simon who she had a crush on went to a black guy.
    Notice the pattern. It is subliminal and it is in almost every show and movie that has IR with a black man with someone else involved. He's basically there to set up a white love story. Those aren't IR friendly. That's why it's always good to check out casting list and news, character information and watch the trailers carefully.

13. ColiBreh1

Is this worth checking out?:

I feel like y'all a giving mixed signals.

14. Jeffrey Tripp

I don't like the way the season ended as far as the interracial aspect.

15. darkcurry

I don't watch this show I just skimmed through spoilers and watched the season 2 finale but JT summed it up best:
    so knowing how it end it's one of those anti-IR archs that uses the black guy as part of the white love story.

16. ColiBreh1

IGN.com just put out their review for the first 2 episodes of "How I Met Your Father" & 1 of Hillary Duff's main love interests is a brotha:

It looks like they completely hid this in the previous trailer & promo stuff I've posted in the sitcom thread in the this subforum. Here's the casting info on the hidden brotha:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/how-i-...met-your-mother-spinoff-recasting-1234824595/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Jeffrey Tripp

Don't tell me another triangle.

18. ColiBreh1

Does it really matter? LOL. Did you watch the original "How I Met Your Mother" series? Endgame-wise, Hillary Duff's character should end up with the lead character Ted from the original HIMYM series.

19. darkcurry

That makes three onscreen IR for Hilary Duff if I'm not mistaken.

Reading his character arch; for his character to have some depth to it they must have something planned for him as well. We'll see though.

20. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm watching episode 4 of "1883" a prequel to "Yellowstone" on Paramount+ and the seeds of a potential IR storyline from the previous episode are taking shape as I thought it might between Thomas & Noemi.

Ole timer you better butter her biscuits lol . . . life is for the living so you better get on it. Noemi looking like the gospel truth out on this prairie.

• Like Like x 1
    • List