Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I saw it, and it was disgusting.

Judging by the content I've looked at on the channel, the youtuber apparently has an issue/obsession with black men. The other "trailer" videos I took a look at have the same type of negative content edited in. smh

It should go without saying, but folks definitely need to avoid posting content from that channel.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Tragedy of Macbeth starring Denzel Washington and Frances MacDormand.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I love well done Shakespeare dramatizations.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This looks very artistic and visually captivating.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching "Mistletoe in Montana" right now... was the british black male co-lead just too lazy to do an American accent? His British accent completely takes me out of the movie and makes the 'ship feel forced & not believeable.

6. darkcurry

The real life guy might be british.

Melissa Joan Hart was on the TODAY show earlier this week talking about it and had mentioned that it is based on a true story about her cousin

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

"Driven to Kill" is coming on at 8:00 Eastern on Lifetime or LMN!! A very attractive female protagonist stars in it. It airs in 22 minutes!

EDIT: This movie has a NASCAR theme so I think that it was produced for the moderate GOP North Carolina audience lol. The White male former NASCAR pro just got CRAZY mad when he saw a photo of the Black fiancé of the beautiful white female lead lol!!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  8. ColiBreh1

Watching "Maps & Mistletoe" right now. The obvious age difference between the co-leads is just taking me out of the movie. The female co-lead, Humberly González, is 24 IRL. While the male co-lead, Ronnie Rowe Jr., is 41. Dude is old enough to be her father (If he was a teen father).

9. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Hey you don't normally see an older brotha with a little young thing of any race. Meanwhile you see older White men with younger actresses all the the time. I guess it's more progress.

10. darkcurry

I resent that. LOL

11. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

This is IO. It's long been buried on Netflix

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "little young thing?" If you're talking about significant age gaps, it really isn't that rare. Will Smith, Don Cheadle, Samuel L. Jackson, and Denzel Washington have all had films or shows where they were paired up with women 17-20 years younger than them.

13. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

In comparison to White actors it's still rare.

14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Don't forget Cuba Gooding Jr, in "Bayou Caviar" opposite Lia Johnson!!

16. darkcurry

This actually looks VERY good!

Nice find

17. ColiBreh1

I couldn't find an official trailer or preview clip for VH1's "Let's Get Merried" (Starring Mishel Prada, the chick who plays Veronica's older half-sister on The CW's "Riverdale" & "Smart Guy" Tahj Mowry) anywhere, so these media interviews are gonna have to do:

I'm 17 minutes into this film & the fact this a MTV-produced VH1 film makes this a better produced film than all the Lifetime & Hallmark xmas romcom films we've watched the last couple months. This film more closely resembles an actual theatrical or Netflix romcom film.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

Have you watched Tubi TV's "A Chance at Christmas" yet? That's probably the best of all the IR Xmas romcom films that premiered this holiday season just off the fact it's high concept for a typical Xmas romcom film with film using the "Groundhog Day Loop" trope.

I don't consider it daring. Hollywood has introduced new diversity quotas in the last year & half, so that explains a lot. And like @Jeffrey Tripp mentioned if you follow this thread, Lifetime had already been putting out Xmas romcom films with IR lead couples the last few years or so.

Link to this info about the Hallmark CEO?

19. darkcurry

Yes! I enjoyed it that creative concept. It was one of those movies I took a chance with watching because the trailer wasn't up to par with how the film turned out to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

Cuba Gooding Jr. sure has a wide age range! How about his sex scene with Helen Mirren in Shadowboxer?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List