Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watch "Hooking Up" right now. God damn the plot of this movie is so ridiculous.

2. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sure is. Disappointing.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Some l hate with a passion. Most or all of them don't have a deleted scene of a IR.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

SCHMIGADOON! First Look(behind-the-scenes/the making)

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Boyega and Cooke kiss at the 02:09 mark.

Side note, I just noticed that this story of American crime is staring three Brits and a Swede. lol

7. darkcurry

Looks good. This is how they used to make 'woke' movies about corrupt systems and what not. It's what happens when you take out the political pandering and just tell a story.
    This and Beckett also coming out next month are doing it the right way.

8. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The film I Do… Until I Don’t was mentioned earlier in this thread and dismissed because the trailer seemed to indicate that Wyatt Cenac’s character would get cuck’d.

Without spoiling much, he doesn’t. He and Amber Heard have strong chemistry in this tonally, odd-duck movie.

it’s worth peeping on Hulu if you have a dull moment.

9. darkcurry

I seen this film. It wasn't very good imo. The plot although interesting couldn't be delivered. Amber Heard and Wyatt Cenac are I think like some kind of free-spirited couple with an open relationship. We barely get anything out of them for a film that explores sex and relationships. They gave more to the other couples though of course.

[​IMG]

• List
  10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, but the things I've read about Amber Heard kind of turns me off on seeing her in a movie like this.

11. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

It was a waste, basically they had a sex scene that wasn't really a sex scene. In a movie like this you know damn well if dude was white they would have had a full fledge sex scene.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. darkcurry

I know what your talking about. That actress has some issues.

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

What you heard about her likely came from Depp zealots who have started endless crusades against her for reasons so insane and at times false that they can make Capitol rioters look tame by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't mess with that Twitter or Reddit crap, I'm talking about things I've read on news websites about her behavior.

15. darkcurry

These crazed fanbases do exagerrate, but I'm with @Thump in what I have read and seen on her. Remember that video that came out where she was recording Johnny Depp egging him on to do something?

16. ColiBreh1

This upcoming film, "She Ball", that is directed, co-written, & starring Nick Cannon will either have a romantic or buddy IR involving Nick Cannon's lead character:

I remember the casting for this film was originally announced back in late 2017 & looks like the film is finally being released. I had no idea this film this was going to have a white female co-lead & potential IR until I just randomly saw the trailer on Instagram.

EDIT:

A couple of older trailers that were released last year before the pandemic...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. darkcurry

This plays out like one of those hip hop IR love stories. So it could be a romance blossoming.

Nice throwback to those movies with this as well.

18. ColiBreh1

"Save the Last Dance" is what the trailer for "She Ball" reminds me of the most. But the basketball angle also makes it seem the film is a mishmash of "Save the Last Dance" & films like "Love & Basketball".

Speaking of "Save the Last Dance"...did y'all know they put out a sequel "Save the Last Dance 2" starring Columbus Short back in 2006?:

I didn't know that until I just did a google search right now.

19. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw the second one. I think the girl in the sequel is more attractive than Julia Stiles.

20. darkcurry

I remember that sequel. It was a good underrated IR flick. I didn't see much of a sequel there just a movie with some of the same concepts as the first one.