BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Amen amen and a-FREAKIN-men!!! I respect everybody's opinions, but I can't stand these "slow burns" anymore. If you really like WWBM relationships, why not see WWBM relationships? Why be content to spend years hoping the show doesn't get cancelled or thrown to an anti-IR showrunner before your favorite non-couple becomes a real thing? Why not prefer seeing them together in an actual happy relationship? I guess we all like different stuff lol

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah see, this is a perfect example of people liking different things lol. I think Lizzie is gorgeous. I agree her personality can be trash (though I've only seen a few episodes), but I could definitely get into her looks-wise. Maybe it's because she kinda reminds me of a few chicks I knew back in school who left me with some happy memories. Regardless I dig the tall, slim (kinda) athletic look.

Edit: This seriously isn't good enough for y'all???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WARNING!!! There's nudity under the spoiler tag! I normally wouldn't go this far, but I feel strongly about this one LOL

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm impatient but I don't think it should take four damn seasons for a potential couple to get together. I get really annoyed when they throw other people in the path of a potential couple and Legacies might be going down that road.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, @LucasBanner you didn't need to spoiler that post because everything you said was already revealed in that March 2020 Deadline.com casting info article I posted in this thread last month.

The only new detail from the series premiere that we didn't know from the deadline article or the trailer is that that Sarah's best friend is openly rooting for Sarah & Grover to be a couple.

@qaz1 You jumping in on "The Republic of Sarah" too?

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I may have to give it a shot. If I hear the second episode is good, I'll jump in before I get too far behind.

6. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

7. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

4 seasons seems to much only to wait for a fictional relationship lol. I was thinking something like 2 seasons, the first one being the "working progress" to be a future couple. This TRoS is a new TV show, first they need get a loyal fan base to get a season 2 or they can be another cancelled show and since this is CW i'm expecting the usual "on and off relationship" season after season only to bring more drama. I hate the "on and off" shit lol

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  8. Jeffrey Tripp

Oh I'm sorry I meant it shouldn't take four seasons and your right that is way too long.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Nah I'm saying they get half a season TOPS lol! I get wanting to "see how they began" and all, but I much prefer seeing them in the actual relationship. If the writers have to fall back on these tired cliches, they're bad writers.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

On Lizzie Too Flat with nothing to compensate. Also its Plec who I don't trust at all. And a massive slow burn for no reason. As I said with Leverage its one thing to slowburn Parker and Hardison because Parker is neurotypical and had such a weird childhood that she is just not "normal." this case absurd.

On Republic of Sarah seems like a bit of a slowburn but the only other dude in her age group around is her brother so looks pretty good to occur.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I get how Lizzie might not be everyone's type. I just don't see how anyone finds her UNattractive. There are beautiful actresses and models that I'm not really feeling, even though I admit they're objectively attractive (easy example: Gisele Bundchen, she just ain't my cup o tea). But it doesn't matter. Like what you like lol

I see the difference with Parker on 'Leverage' for sure. But wouldn't it have been better if we got to spend several seasons watching her and Hardison build an amazing relationship, instead of just hoping they might start one someday?

Also, about 'The Republic of Sarah,' don't let Hollywood fool you! They're good at giving a ww "no other good options" and making you think it's only a matter of time til she's booed up with the brother.... then here comes a new recurring character. All of a sudden things are going the opposite direction. **smh**

I remember HBO's 'Weeds' pulling a similar trick between seasons 1 and 2.
    In fact! I know ya'll remember 'Life Sentence' from the CW. The main character was ALREADY MARRIED to a brother and still ended up in a love triangle.

12. ColiBreh1

Watching the 3rd episode of season 4 of "Leverage" & my opinion of Parker vs. Sophie holds up in 1 particular scene. There's a op scene in a bar where Parker hits on the dude who's the target in this episode & gives him her number. Parker just comes off as goofy compared to whenever Sophie does ops like this. LOL she struggles to be sexy.

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Starts around 15:38

14. ColiBreh1

LOL, looks like actor that plays Grover ain't in a hurry for Sarah & Grover to get together:

That ain't gonna make @qaz1 happy.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. ColiBreh1

I haven't watched this week's episode of "The Flash" (Season 7, Episode 14) yet, but looks like Chester & Allegra had a scene together:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Jeffrey Tripp

Slow burns have become just as annoying as love triangles.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

He did say HE's not in a rush. He could've been just speaking for himself. I think part of the reason why they go with these slowburns is because they be betting on these shows lasting a long time. I would love to see IR(bm/ww) couples that are already together but then again they just might break them up like they did with Nick and Nancy. lol.

18. Jeffrey Tripp

It's kind of a double edged sword lol But I would rather they get together than already be together when the show starts. If they're already together that makes them vulnerable to an early break up. I have no problem with the flirting and attraction stage, I can even deal with a whole season of it but damn sure not 3 or 4 seasons of it. Now obviously this only applies when black males are involved because white dudes have the luxury of not having to worry about it.

19. ColiBreh1

More promotional video clips for the new season 2 of "Evil":

Looks like they added BTS featurettes for all of season 1 on the Paramount Plus YouTube channel in the last week or so.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Cecily Strong and Keegan-Michael Key in Schmigadoon

In Schmigadoon, the comedy all-stars are an on-the-rocks couple stuck in a zany village out of a classic Hollywood musical.

The six-episode series will begin on July 16th with two episodes, followed by one new episode every Friday thereafter.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List