Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Whichever category they fall under, the anti-maskers/vaxxers are all idiots.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I know there are people who don’t want. I meant those who actually wanted it. Here they only just got to my age/health group.

3. Tamstrong

It's pretty much open to anyone 12 & up where I live, so I hope so the folks who want them have gotten them.

4. Madeleine

How was the second dose for you and your son? The second seems to hit worse than the first. I’m just having a weak, sore arm today.

5. Tamstrong

The second dose was pretty rough for both of us; a bit worse for him. Sore arm, low grade fever, headache, chills, body aches, etc. A couple doses of acetaminophen helped with that.

6. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

I’m fully vaccinated! Second dose of Moderna had me out of commission for a day.

Such a relief to be vaccinated!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  7. K

K Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't realize some areas were still lagging. As a teacher, I got mine pretty early (I still have medical licenses too). All my kids are vaxed now too though. My youngest (14 turned 15 right after the 2nd dose) received her 2nd shot mid-June. My youngest son received his as soon as they allowed under 18 and he turned 18 in between the 2 doses....so April/May. My grown kids got Moderna and the rest of us had Phizer. No major issues.

8. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

So my mom said that the Blue Origin looks like a penis. What do you think?

9. Madeleine

10. Madeleine

I had the second dose 2 days ago. The first 23 hours I thought this is nothing, then it hit me hard for about 12 hours with joint and muscle pains and general body weakness. I’m feeling better today and am glad I am now fully vaccinated!

11. Tamstrong

Yeah, that sounds about right. It's rough, but I'm glad it didn't last too long for you. It's such a relief when you start to feel better, especially when you're fully vaccinated and done. Congrats on completing the shots.

12. Tamstrong

Headed to work this morning, while they were going on about it being Friday the 13th on the radio, we passed three black cats on the way. lol I'm not superstitious at all so black cats don't bother me (I also own two), but I found it kind of unusual.

It also reminds me that black cats are often targets for superstitious idiots who abuse or kill them. I hope nothing happens to the ones I saw this morning. For anyone who owns a black cat:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yep! Have been since March 31.

I saw a couple of memes to this effect right after the launch.
    How bad were your side effects after the second shot?

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I swear some of ya'll clueless internet "IR fanboys & girls" hanging out on this site...........

Martin Disgust Face.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Congrats. I am fully vaccinated. Also used Moderna. However, there are some diehard anti vaccine and anti max people here in the US who are very vocal in their opposition. It doesn`t help that there are some politicians and some media personalities who are encouraging them. The ironic thing is that these very politicians, etc are themselves vaccinated.

16. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Had a fever for 24 hours. After that, back to normal.

17. orejon4

I had some mild flu symptoms (chills and fever) for about a half day and they disappeared after a couple of aspirin. Had my flu vaccine a few days ago as well. Saw this while sitting in the waiting area, lol.

Attached Files:

18. orejon4

Well folks, it's that time of year...I can't wait! If you're interested, come on down! I'm relocating to Chicago for work and this will be my last hurrah in the Sunshine State, sadly. Although I will be back home at least once per month, hopefully more.

65804047293__66491BF6-1384-4F50-9BA1-4AB208B17569 (1).jpeg

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just curious but how many people befriended other forum posters who no longer come around and are still in contact with them?

20. orejon4

The posters that I kept in touch with offline tended to check in here less frequently over time and then to a lesser extent less frequently on other social media, but we still touch base on occasion. I think it might also have to do with their own relationships, etc. One male poster I kept in contact with on FB seemed to have gone through some personal difficulties, because I haven’t heard from him since that time (about three+ years ago)