BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Nancy Drew
    The season finale aired last night and it looks like they are all in with Nick and George. Because she proposed to him... even thugh they didn't air his answer.

They seemed to have plant the seeds for Nancy to be with Ace, but he is still in a relationship with Amanda leaving Nancy to end the season alone. But we know how that go.

But one of the showrunners said in a interview they'll only play around with a Nancy and Ace relationship just to listen to that part of the fanbase. Interesting thing to say. lol.

So there will be no Nancy and Nick reunion anytime soon unless Nick winded up turning down George's proposal and Nancy accepts that Ace is in a relationship with someone else and she tells Nick what he was to her in that dreamscape. But I don't see that happening so for now at least as long as George is alive there will be no Nick and Nancy. If you guys were looking for a bm/ww romance there will be only a bm/aw romance(for now) which I don't mind because I like George and she is a REALLY cool character and her sisters are awesome. And I like Nick as well and appreciate the fact that the writers and showrunner are giving there ONLY black male character meaning and depth and making him a romantic interest of both the lead and supporting female characters. That's a rarity. Something I think legacies dropped the ball on with Raf.

This season was not as good as the first season but it has been pretty solid. I'm also interested in Temperance Hudson returning now that she is no longer the wraith.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I called this in season one. I didn't see any chance of Nancy and Nick getting back together after their breakup. I could practically see the writers racing away from that pairing through the screen. Once I became fully convinced, I dropped the show from my rotation.

I see what you like about George, but it was always about Nancy for me. I really hoped they would last. Not only is she the name lead, but she's just more what I'd go for in that situation LOL.
    Nancy just does it for me. I can't explain it. I'd love to meet a chick who looks just like her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I dropped that show once I saw the writing on the wall. And George doesn't hold a candle to Nancy by the way. What is it with that network, why go there in the first place with those relationships if they all end prematurely.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It's not just that network, unfortunately. That's why I bother people here, asking if the wwbm couple gets a happy ending before I even start watching LOL

5. darkcurry

I understand what you guys are saying and want, but this show is different from others with him still being in a IR relationship(just with a asian woman) and a black male character with depth, fan favorite and a writer's room that actually care about him. If he was on some other show they would've killed him off, made him asexual, the ABM or put him with a sbw for political and "woke" reasons.

And Nancy Drew is pretty good so I'm not going to let that takeaway from those positives. Plus there are other bm/ww IR out there and still to come like CURSED, Lupin, Mr & Mrs Smith, Woke, legacies(MG & lIZZIE), B Positive, etc.
    [​IMG]
    lol.

6. Jeffrey Tripp

That's a good strategy lol.

7. Jeffrey Tripp

It's great they actually doing good by a black male character but considering what happened with him and Nancy they still on that bs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You make some solid points. I guess we can't win 'em all lol. I'm trying to hit up Cursed and The Innocents this weekend, and I'm watching Sorry For Your Loss right now (anybody know where I can find episode 2 of season 2?!? Stupid Facebook left that ONE episode off the site!!!).

I'm thankful for B Positive and hopeful for Mr. & Mrs. Smith. As for Woke, I liked it but thought it needed a little more to really justify a thumbs up from the wwbm perspective (remember I like happy wwbm endings lol). We'll see if Legacies ever gets it together. I swear I don't get why some of you guys prefer this long drawn out foolishness LOL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean its CW lol u should know the game by now. But yeah I watch it cause I use to read all those Hardy Boy and Nancy Drew books lol. Also its not like Nick is some emasculated joke either so sure he is not with Nancy and Nancy is hot but eh I am fine lol.

Sadly one has to compromise if they want to enjoy most media as a Black Man lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It's definitely good that they didn't turn Ned into a joke (like Finn from Star Wars, for instance -- what a waste, what an insult).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Watched this past week's Season 3 penultimate episode of "New Amsterdam". Floyd is currently messing with a BW he has great chemistry with, but she's in a open marriage & he isn't into that and wants to end it. Because of that this leads to a conversation between Floyd & Lauren about why he broke it off with her in the series premiere (I copied this dialogue straight from the subtitles):

[​IMG] That conversation + the fact that Lauren is currently in a lesbian 'ship has me blackpilled about Floyd & Lauren ever getting back together and being endgame. I hope for Floyd-Lauren 'ship whitepills in the season finale airing later this week, because if there aren't any I'm heavily leaning to being done with this show.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

I stopped watching because I became disinterested in the plot and I used to watch Sorry For Your Loss around the same time. Also the way they wrote this brotha's character tends to be very
    [​IMG]

And if she is in a lesbian relationship oh you can BELIEVE they are not breaking that up for her to be with a guy and anger THAT group! lol.

Bess from Nancy Drew and Josie from legacies were supposed to be bisexual characters but the fans petitioned the shows to keep them completely gay. They don't even respect the B in their own alphabet.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

I just watched that episode of "Leverage". God damn Parker is a weirdo!

14. Jeffrey Tripp

I was never really into Parker and Hardison for that very reason. I like my BM/WW pairings with some sex appeal. It's a shame because she's an attractive woman but the weirdness undercuts that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Oh she's definitely out there. But don't even act like you don't already know she's a freak once she gets going LOL. I don't even wanna imagine lol....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Jeffrey Tripp

Oh Yeah you right, I remember she's very flexible. lol

17. darkcurry

Gotta keep in mind she has Asperger's syndrome and never really had a child hood.
    [​IMG]

Plus it ain't like Hardison the tech geek is exactly... normal. lol. They're kind of perfect for each other.
    [​IMG]

18. darkcurry

[​IMG]

Beth Riesgraf did all of her own stunts too. Which is amazing.

19. ColiBreh1

Is it fair to say even though Parker may be prettier in the face, Sophie has more sex appeal? Parker doesn't really know how to be sexy because of her awkwardness, but Sophie oozess sexyness all the time.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

See that scene makes no sense to me. WHY wouldn't she have her hair tied up??? Lol