BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. darkcurry

Not really but I did see that episode we were talking about and the one after that. is it a show you have to watch from the beginning? Because the comedy is a bit average to me with the episodes I seen.

3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

No you definitely don't need to go back to the beginning. You can start from the episode where they first hook up, you won't miss anything major.

4. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but i can think about some reasons to explain Regé leaving the TV show.
    1. He was looking for more money to come back since he is getting more popular now, a lot followers on social media, he was on SNL and Shonda say "no, thanks". I don't blame him, actors usually ask for more money once they become more popular, he isn't doing nothing wrong.
    2. Maybe he is looking to be the next Denzel, more like a movie star than a tv star, so his job was done with Bridgerton and he is looking for bigger things.
    3. Maybe he just don't wanna be a typecast, this could happen with romance novels/period drama, they have a hard time finding others roles, i think this is hapenning with the actors from Outlander TV show, i think both actors are leaving the TV show after 5 or 6 seasons and fans are sad like Bridgerton fans. Bridgerton had some sex scenes during season 1 and in season 2 i could see them exploring his sex appeal again to get more views and maybe he had enough. I feel like he is the guy who like to be a serious actor more than just the hot guy and even doing a good job with his role most people keep talking only about his body and how hot he looked. His character was like a black Christian Grey.
    Anyway, i wish Regé only the best in his next projects but i will miss him on Bridgerton, not just because he was the only really attractive guy there and a good actor but because i don't see much period drama on tv with IR. We had a very popular IR and a black guy playing not a side character but a leading role and now the dream it's over.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I used to lovvvvvve me some Amanda Bynes. Too bad she went insane a la Britney, LiLo, etc

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

1. Definitely sounds plausible
    2. Definitely sounds plausible
    3. Seems less plausible to me. Typecasting is real, but I don't see a black guy being typecast into period roles. There just aren't enough of those roles in the first place lol. And no actor hates being locked into the romantic lead role, do they??? On the other hand, I get not wanting to ONLY be the sexy guy. I can remember the singer D'Angelo complaining about that (especially after that 'How Does It Feel' video). So there, I just contradicted myself lol

Just my 2 cents! I wish him the best too. Here's hoping we get another popular WWBM couple soon, or better yet several of them. I'll hold my breath o_O:confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Yeah during that show she grew on me as attractive.

8. darkcurry

I'm not that big of a fan of the show. It's good though. I think I gave a review earlier this year. But this will hurt the show more than it hurts him just like legacies' ratings dipping and the outrage after they dropped Rafael (Peyton Alex Smith). But Peyton has moved on to starring in the All American spinoff show' All American: Homecoming.

All American
    's ratings have been slightly higher than legacies this season surprisngly. So he moved on to a rising franchise. Those that still watch legacies like myself watch it mainly because of the Lizzie & MG storyline that they are getting right. Other than that need to fix some things for next season.

Bridgerton might not suffer big, but they will get an ucomfortable hit next season in the ratings and fan engagement. Black male leading roles are killing it with fanbases. People are loving them.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Are they really getting that right??? I haven't seen an update here in a while. Let me know what's going on lol! I'll check it out if I like the details.

10. darkcurry

Leverage: Redemption

Leverage was one of my go to shows to sit and relax to. Glad they're coming back and with the same team(writing and producing wise.) so that it will still have the same effect.

Hopefully they will revisit more of Parker & Hardison's complicated but cute relationship.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I didn't know about this! Thanks for the info. If they don't continue with a solid Parker and Hardison, I'm not watching. Their weird dynamic was kinda cute in the first series, but it took FOR-E-VER to get them together lol.

12. darkcurry

Saw it coming though. I remember watching the first season saying 'yeah they're probably banging'. LOL!

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah I admit they keep me tuning in for the whole series, giving us juuuusst enough to not give up on it.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@qaz1 This is what was discussed in this thread after 6th episode of the current season 3 of "Legacies" aired:

https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/bm-ww-ir-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-290#post-1149201

15. ColiBreh1

Hmmm....Maybe I should finally get into & slow binge "Leverage"? The only reason I didn't get into it years ago is because y'all kept complaining about how they dragged out that 'ship for years, even though I normally like 'ships being dragged out.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

Well it wasn't me complaining about it I wasn't here then. lol. But I loved this show overall. And I knew they were going to eventually go there.

The thing that makes this ship different from others are that they added NO ONE to be inbetween them(no love traingle). And their friendship was very, very close. At times it made people wonder, decode certain episodes and search for clues if they were already secretly dating.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

One episode I recommend which is one of my favorite's is 'The Van Gogh Job'. They played a couple in a flashback between a Black WWII soldier and a White heiress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Danny Glover guest starred
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Yeah. They were great. I’d be shocked if they weren’t still a thing on the show. Plus, with Timothy Hutton gone, their relationship ought to move to the center of the show.

18. darkcurry

The trailer of the new(or continuation) of the series doesn't seem to elude to their relationship.(They never broke-up though.) Which is VERY leverage-like because they seem to have kept it a mystery until season 5.

But I loved the are they or aren't they storyline better than what we get with the will they or won't they storyline. I used to go back to ceratin episodes and watch for some of the hints that some of the fans of the leverage forum groups were decoding.

19. ColiBreh1

New CW show premiering on June 14th called "The Republic of Sarah":

According to this Deadline article from last year, the black dude in the trailer (played by Ian Duff) is the love interest of the female lead (Played by Stella Baker):

https://deadline.com/2020/03/the-re...rest-goodluck-join-cw-drama-pilot-1202878678/
    Duff will portray Grover, a damaged knockout who works at the local diner. His straightforward, blue-collar charm has made a favorite among Greylock’s citizens — including Sarah, who has long harbored a crush on Grover. He feels the attraction too but carries a painful memory that keeps him from moving forward in life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member