BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You ain't wrong LOL

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I've actually been watching that show.

The show set up is that the blonde is giving the main white guy her kidney to save his life. The black dude is a former football star who meets the main guy in dialysis.

These two just hooked up in last week's episode. Before that there wasn't really any heat between them.

The two guys actually become friends, so the main guy ends up getting jealous. It's not really clear if he's jealous over the guy (friendship) or the girl (romance). But because of his jealousy, the two agree to stop seeing each other. Then they immediately go back on that and agree to keep it secret until after the transplant.

I'm really not sure if this is a future love triangle or not. I hope it isn't, because I truly hate love triangles. But the set up between the WW and BM is legit. They have solid chemistry despite their comic size difference lol. The characters both seem to think it could be serious. Neither is in it for a fling.

I recommend checking out last week's episode. You really don't need to see any earlier ones to be completely caught up. You'll know pretty quick if you're into this show or not. I predict at least some of you will like Briga Heelan (the mean lady in the preview).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The male lead (the white guy) is in the middle of a real-life #Metoo kerfuffle, so who knows if the show will last or if he gets written off.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

@darkcurry We binging "B Positive" or nah?

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'll check out the episode you speak of. The premise of what you wrote in your last post in the spoiler tag sound both intriguing but look as though it can be a bait and switch. I'm trying to see what they kind of audience are they going for with this show. Do you know?

6. ColiBreh1

That was actually @qaz1 with the description & he was talking about Episode 13 (last week's episode). The commercial I posted was for episode 14 (this week's episode).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Did y'all check out the latest B Positive episode (ep. 14)? I was pleasantly surprised.
    It's still up in the air whether there's about to be a love triangle (Please. God. No.). One old lady character seems to be pushing for the main dude to shoot his shot even though she really likes the Eli (black dude).

But anyway, the show is treating these two like a legit couple about to happen. It could always still go left of course. But the last couple episodes showed the kinda stuff you never see on network tv with BMWW couples. They're cute, they're nervous, they're affectionate, they're excited. They're just like any other new couple. It shouldn't be this amazing or refreshing, but it is. Here's hoping it lasts.

8. ColiBreh1

Netflix announced Yesterday that "Ginny & Georgia" has been renewed for a 2nd season:

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Was the bmww relationship in this one any good? I didn't watch it, but I got the sense that it was a non-factor. Don't quote me, but I believe I overheard the brother was out of the picture before the show even started, and the main ww ends up....
    ....with the (white) mayor.
    Is this show worth our time from a wwbm perspective?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

This is what I posted in this thread after I watched the first 2 episodes:

https://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/bm-ww-ir-sightings-on-tv.9970/page-290#post-1148481

I don't wanna spoil it for you, but yeah i'd say "Ginny & Georgia" is worth a watch despite Zion & Georgia not being together by the Finale.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Has anyone saw the trailer of the four part series about Jack Johnson on HBO?

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's useful to know, so thanks. Fortunately there are lots of good shows these days, so I wasn't gonna make room for this one. But since you say it's got the wwbm angle down, I'll give it a shot this weekend.

13. darkcurry

There hasn't been any new news on the series. So it's either still be written or have been scratched.

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I read about it in USA Today yesterday. The actor of Green Book is going to play the late champ.

15. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Cruel! I just couldn't bring myself to thumbs up that one LOL :D;)

17. darkcurry

The fact that they all had pretty much the same reaction is VERY interesting. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

In the most recent episode of the CBS soap, The Bold and the Beautiful, corporate lawyer Carter Walton (Lawrence Saint-Victor) sleeps with his employer's sex-starved wife Quinn Fuller (Rena Sofer).

[​IMG]

19. ColiBreh1

@darkcurry You caught up on "B Positive" yet?

Anyways interesting storyline with Eli. This is the 1st time I've seen a storyline about former star pro-athlete gone broke portrayed in a TV show or film.

20. ColiBreh1

I finally got into "What I Like About You" about a month ago after reading the 1st page of this thread & seeing this TVLine.com article from earlier this year:

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1355245157805936641
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://tvline.com/lists/what-i-like-about-you-streaming-hbo-max-amanda-bynes-jennie-garth/

I'm 7 episodes in the 2nd season. What season does the show start pushing the Gary & Tina 'ship?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List