The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It does feel like they are cranking them out pretty fast, maybe that's because we have gotten used to "prestige" tv-series with their long hiatuses between seasons.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yup. Think how many of your favorite shows were canned after 13 eps or less but this trash goes on and on

Will Burnham cry this season? Taking bets now

3. RicardoCooper

We had a badass Luke Cage, they are playing Falcon great IMO, and Rhodey will star in Armor Wars (I really hope he takes on the red and gold armor like he did early on in the comics). I'm on high alert for buck-breaking LGBT bs (like they're doing Lando Calrissian now), and all the black male leads have been cool so far. Sadly the matriarchal agenda was already in place with Black Panther, there were rumors he'd be replaced with Shuri even before Chad died. If the story isn't about T'Challa I won't be watching. The good news about these phases of the MCU is it isn't necessary to see them all like it was pre-Endgame

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I understand that they had to hastily tie up loose ends from last season because COVID cut everything short. But, got damn, The Flash has gotten horrible. Even by CW standards. Fuck.

I keep trying to stick with it because, for the last two seasons, the show runner has been a brotha’ and I want to support him. But, fuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkk ... broooooo ... ugh ...

Hopefully, it picks up in the next two or three episodes. If it doesn’t, I’m out.

On a brighter note, The Walking Dead has been pretty good. Especially, this last episode. Angela Kang is doing her thing as showrunner.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's the con-game some of those in Hollywood run to actually shut those voices from BW up. Because female leads in movies and tv are still HEAVILY in favor of ww. But hey it ain't any of our business that they're getting played like that. In fact they think we're(black men) the ones playing them. lol.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Too soon?
    57772143-D858-498E-BAA2-64CBB9167F7F.jpeg

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Jupiter's Legacy

The first generation of superheroes has kept the world safe for nearly a century. Now their children must live up to their legacy. The eight-episode series is based on Mark Millar and Frank Quitely's Image Comics graphic novels of the same name.

Starring: Josh Duhamel, Ben Daniels, Leslie Bibb

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

We got Falcon who is the only one without actual power. He has tech provided by the government not even tech he created playing buddy cop. So we actually don't have a black male hero just a sidekick like he's always been.

9. The Dark King

No straight black male representation I'm good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

A new clip from Justice Society: World War II.

11. SilverSmith

Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One - Official Trailer

The Long Halloween -- originally published as a 13-issue limited series in 1996, written by Jeph Loeb and illustrated by Tim Sale -- is set shortly after the events of Batman: Year One, in a time when most of Batman's major rogues have been established but Robin has yet to join the Caped Crusader.

The series unfolds over the course of a year as Batman hunts down a serial murderer known as the Holiday Killer.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  12. darkcurry

There actually is. They just didn't highlight them much in the trailer.(per usual) Mike Wade is playing Fitz Small aka The Flare. One of the most valued members of the team. He is married with 3 children.(In the comics he sparks up a relationship with ww half his age named April Kelly. Not sure if they add that to the series but it was a part of his arch in the comic books.)
    [​IMG]

and Ian Quinlan(biracial) is playing Hutch who sparks up a relationship with Chloe
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Honestly Netflix should tell Mark going forward to put more diversity into his comic pitches so they dont have to racebend later on lol.
    Thanks for the information though I know the second character is pretty relevant so good shout.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The thing is, if you look at the source material for most comic book/novel/video game adaptations there usually is a monochrome race problem. Most sci-fi and superhero writers are white men who don't see anything amiss with all-white casts. They will write multiple characters with red hair (the rarest natural hair color on Earth) but they can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that humans come in other racial configurations.

I remember when I first noticed this back in the old (pre-Disney) Star Wars Expanded Universe novels. I must have read 50-60 of those novels over a 15 year period and in all those books and in all that time not one new character of color was ever introduced.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

No I agree my point in this case is more Netflix has a deal with Mark Millar the creator to turn his comics (which he uses to make pitches) into Netflix Shows so they might as well tell him upfront to add some diversity at the start so they dont have to racebend later. Granted I am not sure if he was under that deal when he wrote the Jupiter stuff but going forward that be a smart move. And can sidestep the usual suspects bitching about forced diversity, not that those suspects are as powerful as they think they are.

But yeah the Star Wars Books in the EU are especially bad at it. The comics did a better job but in the Books holy shit a lot of White Humans, some Aliens then Lando as like the only relevant Black Person around. I also hated Del Rey cause they do 9 BOOK long major story arcs, 9 fucking books talk about padding out the content for sales. More filler then Animes.

Thrawn Trilogy, X-wing Series, Darth Plageius, Bane Trilogy and Shatterpoint are Top 5 from that Era in my book. Also the Episode 3 Novelization was pretty damn good.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  16. SilverSmith

The new Boss Logic-created IMAX poster for Mortal Kombat.

[​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

Avengers Campus

Avengers Campus will open June 4th, 2021 at the Disneyland Resort, inside Disney California Adventure Park, in Anaheim, California.

Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure

[​IMG]

Immediately after entering through the main gate of Avengers Campus, guests will find themselves in front of the sprawling Worldwide Engineering Brigade building — or WEB for short. Inside, Peter Parker has gotten himself into a sticky situation and needs your help! During an open house at WEB, some out-of-control Spider-Bots have gotten loose, and Spider-Man needs assistance before they wreak havoc across the whole campus. Donning a pair of 3D glasses, guests will then test drive the latest WEB invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle, which allows visitors to sling webs like Spider-Man and experience what it’s like to have superpowers.

Nestled right next door to WEB SLINGERS, find WEB Suppliers for all your WEB needs. Show off some WEB pride and pick up items to tinker with at home along with something every hero needs – a friendly sidekick. Interactive Spider-Bots, much like the ones seen throughout Avengers Campus, are powered by remote control with eight articulated legs that move forward and backward. Plus, pick up a specially designed backpack to carry and show off your collection of Spider-Bots when they’re not in action.

[​IMG]

Pym Test Kitchen

[​IMG]

Hungry? Pop over to Pym’s Test Kitchen to satisfy all your big and little cravings — literally. Using Pym Particles, Ant-Man and The Wasp are growing and shrinking all sorts of food for guests to enjoy...and is that a pretzel going through the Quantum Tunnel? Guests will be able to savor foods like the Impossible™ plant-based meatballs, both large and micro, and served with pasta in a super-sized spoon with a tiny fork.

Ancient Sanctum

[​IMG]

If the mystic arts are what you seek, along with maybe saying hi to Doctor Strange, head over to the Ancient Sanctum. Doctor Strange will train recruits in the ways of the mystic arts by bringing this Ancient Sanctum to life with powerful spells. At night, the Ancient Sanctum glows even more vividly with majestic colors and lights, pulsating with mystic energy.

[​IMG]

Avengers Mansion

[​IMG]

At the heart of the land, find the Avengers over at Avengers Headquarters. The glistening building, complete with a Quinjet on the roof, houses the heroes, and guests may catch a glimpse of them springing into action ready to save the day.

[via Marvel.com]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. RicardoCooper

He's a top-billed leading man in his own TV show on equal footing with the white guy (so far). He is not surrounded by womxn like T'Challa & Black Lightning. No buck-breaking LGBT Lando Calrissian pansexual bullshit shenanigans so far. He did not build the Falcon tech but Steve did not create the shield and Bucky did not create his metal arm. They even gave him a shirtless scene for the ladies & transes. I'm taking it as a win...for now. If they can get through the 6 eps without fucking up, I'm good

19. The Dark King

The other two have actual power through the serum. Falcon is a dude with tech given to him by someone else.

20. darkcurry

[​IMG]