The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

lol. That's another reason why I think they'll go for Calvin Ellis. Interracial is not a part of the "woke movement". You can't really incorporate the racial narrative with Val-Zod because his story is kind of post-racial.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well also when he shows up on Earth 2 its cause the Earth is under assault from Alien Invaders and a bunch of Heroes got massacred kinda does good things for Human Unity.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, I was actually surprised with how well they nailed "Superman & Lois" pilot. Looks like the producers took it serious.

A lot folks (black & white comicbook fans) hate Ta-Nehisi Coates & Roxane Gay's Black Panther/Wakanda comicbook runs because they heavily pushed & prompted wokeness in their runs.

If JJ had brought on John Ridley instead of Coates, Ridley would definitely have the balls to do it, LOL

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Do it. Could lead to something. You never know.

5. samson1701

Superman and Lois was actually well done. They let Superman be Superman, then gave him modern problems to react to. But, let’s be honest, all they really did was use Black Lightning’s set up as a template and upped the production budget. Still good though.

I did think the shoulders on the suit were too much. Too far out of proportion and cheapened the look of it. And the villain’s acting isn’t as good as the rest of the cast. But, those are small gripes. Especially, given that it’s on the CW.

I think I’m going to enjoy these first two seasons before “the cliff” comes.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  6. darkcurry

Yeah I finally got around to seeing it. It reminds me of the first season of Supergirl and that short span around season 3 & 4 where they just let her be Supergirl. Took political wokeness out of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

Okay Now I know what you guys are talking about since you mentioned Roxanne Gay. lol. I thought that was mostly her though.

8. darkcurry

What Did Wanda See Inside The MIND STONE?

[​IMG]

9. Skaddix

Wokeness is not the issue.

Its twofold...Wakanda is not Afro Futuristic....Coates basically writes Wakanda as bunch of genocidal imperialist who wiped out the previous inhabitants. While treating the country mostly like its some sterootypical third world african country with Boko Haram types starting up rape camps. He also does a bunch of retcons to the Gods and Mythology.

On the character front his T'Challa is in indecisive wimp who constantly screws up and loses most of his fights and never uses his brains. His Shuri is a bitch whose powers oscillate from Magic to Science with no logic. Their mother is fine with rape of females. He retcons Storm into a Wakandan Goddess who he dotes on. Basically he really wants to write X-men (which makes sense given his politics) but they don't want him.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Herself.

[​IMG]

11. darkcurry

Oh okay. Thanks for breaking it down for me what you mean. Because I see people point to many things so it gets subjective at times.

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Terminator Universe Is Expanding at Netflix in an All-New Anime Series

Netflix and Skydance have announced a new anime series based on the Terminator, the first animated TV adaptation of the franchise.
    Mattson Tomlin will act as showrunner. Tomlin has had a big few years, having written Project Power for Netflix as well as co-writing The Batman.

In a statement announcing the project, Tomlin said, “Anyone who knows my writing knows I believe in taking big swings and going for the heart. I’m honored that Netflix and Skydance have given me the opportunity to approach Terminator in a way that breaks conventions, subverts expectations, and has real guts.”

[​IMG]

[via press release]

13. SilverSmith

The world's greatest heroes have grown old and their legacy is a poisonous one to the children who will never live up to their parents.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. SilverSmith

The Walking Dead final season teaser

15. SilverSmith

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• List
  17. Skaddix

Most of done well in the ratings.

Though I suppose I can kinda see what that black female writer who left/got fired for was talking about. We have two black characters of note...one is a Supervillain and the other is a Bully. Not exactly balanced Rep.

• List
  18. samson1701

[​IMG]

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

God please let this franchise die. It's beyond over.

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Haven't seen the subsequent eps yet, but I'd say it's well-rounded that the black guy can be the bad guy. And having had a black bully when I was a kid, I can attest that they exist. Firing the woke chick writer was the best move in the long run. All the hot shows that people are raving about are hot because they ditched the leftist LGBTQ, feminist, and forced diversity propaganda in favor of a strong narrative with characters who JUST HAPPEN TO BE minorities and women i.e. The Expanse, The Mandalorian, and WandaVision. Hell, there was an all-wahmen squad in the last episode of The Mando and I didn't even notice because Luke came back.