Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Great city. If I were to start over it would be there. The people are simply better

2. The Dark King

Sorry didn't see it fam.
    Can't believe how far bitcoin has come. It's already 100 times more than what it was worth when I first came on here. To the moon baby. Telsas for everybody

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It was a good read on Bitcoin,Elon Musk’s interest and the view of various market players on its underlying value, from the FT.com.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. The Dark King

Well here's to finding the next big thing so we can have this convo on my space station

5. orejon4

Don’t forget us little people!

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I just find it interesting how certain people on this forum tried to clown you about Bitcoin and insisted that you didn’t know what you were talking about.Called it a scam and insinuated that you were scamming people. But, now that you’ve been proven right, those same people are quiet af.

Just sayin’.

7. The Dark King

It's all good fam. I just hope some people got something out of all my ranting lol

8. orejon4

I’m still uncertain about it from an economic theory point of view. That’s part of why I sent the article to TDK - to get his read on it. The views range from Bitcoin as a digital alternative to gold, ie a store of value propped up by a fixed supply that serves as an inflation hedge to a totally invented commodity with no underlying fundamental exchange value. I was curious as to what your take was on it, TDK.

9. The Dark King

Think of it this way. Is gold portable? If you a bar of gold what would it take to exchange pieces of it for goods and services? Does it offer a public ledger so potential business interests know how much gold you have when doing a deal?
    Oil is a speculative commodity that also has a utilitarian function.

10. orejon4

(In my best Denzel Washington as Frank Lucas voice) My man!

Thanks. I’m mulling this over for my son’s portfolio.

11. The Dark King

Here to help. Want to see the young king make it out there

12. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Same, I love canadians in general. They are the nicest, down to earth, most laid back people I've ever met.

13. orejon4

14. teddebear07

teddebear07 Active Member

did you'll know before billy ocean released Caribbean Queen , it was European queen ..... but that didn't do as well . He also had African queen.
    Switzerland and West Germany where only European countries feeling it , coming in at #2 and # 3 on the charts . #82 in uk .
    Caribbean queen charted at #1 in u.s and canada .........#6 in u.k

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Back in August 1999, With the new college semester starting the next day, I was talking to a female friend of mine, made me promise her that I would talk to women at college. I was reluctant to do it since I always find women very scary to talk to. Plus I had my heart broken 4months prior where I had a crush on this female & turned out she was dating somebody I knew. But a couple more conversations I said ok I'll do it. And I did talk to some women, & I felt pretty good. Then I broke that promise when I left California (not my choice, I'll explain at a later post.) Now I've been thinking to talk to women again once I become a junior in college since I don't attend a 4-year university. My only roadblock is age (I'm 42)
    So I'm on the prowl on talking to women again so I hope I don't get pepper-sprayed or kneed in the groin for just saying "hi".

16. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Got my first shot of Moderna today.
    You guys in the US are probably all vaccinated by now I suppose!

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on that. I hope any side effects aren't too rough on you.

I'm fully vaccinated (so is my son), but sadly there are still a lot of the US people who refuse to get it.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This.

Plus now all the anti mask/anti vax crowd want to wear masks in protest of everyone who is now vaccinated & can go maskless. United States of Weirdos.

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You gotta love that good old contrarian logic. I haven't encountered many of the anti-maskers/vaxxers wearing masks in protest; too many diehards in the bunch around here. I have heard of a new trend of folks lying about getting the vaccine though.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You can tell the ones who are using the contrarian Iogic up this way because they come in two distinct & opposite strains : the "well off" types who think rules don't apply to them no matter the circumstances (aka the Karens & the Kens) and the self described rednecks who are loud & proud about letting you know they are Trumpers/Qannon supporters (aka the Bufords & the Beulahs.)

Granted there are still a lot of people running around who aren't fully vaccinated and it's not due to any contrarian logic bullshit.