Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

People love using the Holocaust analogy. Had she shifted it to Stalin’s Russia, she would’ve been good.

3. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Indeed really if you are going to make a Holocaust analogy don't...pick any other dictatorship. Stalin's Russia works cause well most Americans at least know that one.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Looks like this is this still ongoing behind the scenes:

YO!! After watching videos on this whole Gina Carano thing the last few days, I completely had forgotten & am now reminded about the drama going on at Lucasfilms. I forgot about it because this thread got locked for a long-ass time & I never returned to it until now. How is Kathleen Kennedy still in charge over there?

• List
  5. Skaddix

Really the anti SJW crowd. I wouldnt believe anything they try to sell u....Gina Carano is not as valuable as James Gunn lol.
    I predict this has little significant impact on Disney.

If u follow these guys enough u know the whole cycle.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Like @Skaddix said you really can't trust the militantly anti-woke YouTube circle-jerkers. Like all far-right people, they live in a quasi-fantasy world.
    They are the same people who thought they could bring down Nike (after their deal with Colin Kaepernick) by boycotting and burning their shoes. In reality, that month Nike posted their most profitable month in years. Likewise, Disney announced a day after Gina's firing that they have surpassed their own expectations for Disney+ subscribers.

As for why Kathleen Kennedy still has a job it's because despite the disarray, and underperforming (for Star Wars anyway) box office of the last 3 movies, they still made Disney money, and they will never fire a high ranking woman in Hollywood who is making them money, the PR damage that would cause would be catastrophic.

7. Skaddix

Right besides there is plenty of ways to minimize someone without outright firing them. Also KK has even less motivation to leave with Covid, there really is nowhere for her to go really.

I mean I don't mind some of the content from the Anti Woke crowd they can have good pop culture analysis well not the Quartering but I dont mind Doomcock or Nerdrotic when they focus on the actual content. But boy does it get annoying when they dive into the culture war stuff.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That could go so many ways in which it doesn't though. It's all subjective which leads to hypocrisy.

11. ColiBreh1

The rumor is now Kathleen Kennedy is demanding that Dave Filoni & Jon Favreau delete Gina Carano scenes from the first two seasons of "The Mandolorian":

Speaking of which, I finally got into the show this past week. Halfway through the 1st season, I'm shocked to find that Gina is only a recurring character. With the media & online attention she's been getting the for last year, I thought she was basically a co-lead.

• List
  12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, she brought it on herself. But, deleting her old scenes is doing too much. Just recast the character and keep it moving. They could "recast" Kathline Kennedy while their at it.

13. ColiBreh1

Looks like Rosario Dawson is the woke mob's next target...

https://twitter.com/JeffOnTheRight/status/1365438019227037702
    [​IMG]
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/mand...ansphobia-resurface-rumors-of-cancel-campaign

14. Skaddix

That seems like Hyperbole lol and I wouldnt believe that lol.Also its Mike Zeroh that guy has been making up bs for a decade at least by this point

She fits the agenda but that is probably more the circles ur in Coli then anything else. Gina was hotter season 1 even if Baby Yoda dominated discussion and was far less buzzy in the Second Season.

15. SilverSmith

The Bad Batch’s next mission is about to begin.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch — the next Star Wars animated series – will debut on May the 4th, a.k.a Star Wars Day, exclusively on Disney+, with the second episode premiering on Friday, May 7. Subsequent episodes will premiere on Fridays.

The series follows the elite and experimental troopers of Clone Force 99 (first introduced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch, as they prefer to be called — a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill, which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch is executive produced by Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Brad Rau (Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance) and Jennifer Corbett (Star Wars Resistance, NCIS) with Carrie Beck (The Mandalorian, Star Wars Rebels) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (Star Wars Resistance). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.

[via Starwars.com]

• List
  16. SilverSmith

Obi-Wan Kenobi Series to Begin Production in April, Cast Revealed

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    , the new Disney Plus special event series starring Ewan McGregor as the iconic Jedi Master, will begin shooting in April.

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Kenobi faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is directed by Deborah Chow, director of two critically acclaimed episodes of The Mandalorian Season 1.

The series also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader.

Joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell, and Benny Safdie.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is executive produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Deborah Chow, Ewan McGregor, and writer Joby Harold. The casting director is Carmen Cuba.

[via Starwars.com]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  17. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

18. SilverSmith

19. ColiBreh1

Rewatching "Star Wars: Episode 1" because I finally got into "Star Wars: the Clone Wars" animated series a month & half ago and I need the backstory refreshed to me.

uuhhhh.....Is Padme supposed to be like a decade older than Anakin OR are we supposed ignore this casting fucc up & just pretend they're about the same age? Natalie Portman even back in 1999 is clearly older than the kid that is playing young Anakin.

20. SilverSmith

There is an 8-year age gap between Natalie Portman and Jake Lloyd. In Episode One, Padmé is fourteen (Natalie Portman was sixteen when filming began), and Anakin is nine.

• List