Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible that this ends up being the only positive thing about 2020.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Star Wars: Squadrons has a release date of October 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

3. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

5. SilverSmith

The new trailer that aired during ESPN's Monday Night Football game.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The Mandalorian just dropped their 5th episode of season 2. For fans of the old Clone Wars animated series, this episode marked the first live-action appearance of Anakin Skywalker's apprentice Ahsoka Tano played by Rosario Dawson.

[​IMG]

The episode also revealed something people have been waiting to learn "Baby Yoda's" real name.

His name is Grogu,

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ahsoka mentioned the name of a certain individual that she was looking for and considering that individual was last seen in the Rebels animated series, could this be the possible set up for a spin off series featuring various characters rumored to be in spin off series of their own recently?

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I have to confess that I wasn't the biggest fan of either of the prequel era animated series. However, if they brought Ezra, Sabine, and Hera back for a live-action "sequel" to Rebels, I'd be totally on board for that.

I'm less enthused about the rumors of a Boba Fett series, with The Mandalorian is killing it right now, so I think we got this angle of the Star Wars universe covered.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This is the way

10. SilverSmith

Snazzy new poster.

[​IMG]

11. SilverSmith

12. SilverSmith

Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins will helm Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
    Coming Christmas 2023.

The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.

[​IMG]

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Future LucasFilm Star Wars Projects Revealed

Today at The Walt Disney Company’s Investor Day event, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced a staggering number of new films, series, and surprises that will expand the Star Wars galaxy like never before.

Rogue Squadron

The next Star Wars feature film will be Rogue Squadron — directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman franchise). The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.

“It’s been a lifelong dream as a filmmaker to one day make a great fighter pilot film,” said Jenkins. “As the daughter of a great fighter pilot myself, some of the best memories of my life are of seeing my father’s squadron take off in their F4s every morning, and hearing and feeling the awe-inspiring power and grace. When he passed away in service to this country it ignited a burning desire to one day channel all of those emotions into one great film. When the perfect story arrived in combination with another true love of mine, the incomparable world of Star Wars, I knew I’d finally found my next film. I’m extremely honored and excited to take it on, and grateful to Lucasfilm, Disney, and the fans for extending that thrill to me.”

“Patty has established herself as one of the top directors working in the film industry today,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “She’s a visionary who knows how to strike the balance between action and heart, and I can’t wait to see what she does in the Star Wars galaxy.”

Lock S-foils in attack position: Rogue Squadron arrives in theaters Christmas 2023.

Untitled Taika Waititi Film

A brand-new Star Wars feature with acclaimed filmmaker and Academy Award-winner Taika Waititi is in development. “Taika’s approach to Star Wars will be fresh, unexpected, and…unique,” said Kennedy. “His enormous talent and sense of humor will ensure that audiences are in for an unforgettable ride.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last August at D23 Expo, Lucasfilm announced the return of Ewan McGregor in the iconic role of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi for a special event series on Disney+. Officially titled Obi-Wan Kenobi, the series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where he faced his greatest defeat, the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker turned evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. The series is directed by Deborah Chow, who helmed memorable episodes of The Mandalorian Season 1.

This will truly be a day long remembered, as it was confirmed that Hayden Christensen will be returning as Darth Vader. “This will be the rematch of the century,” Kennedy said.

“It was such an incredible journey playing Anakin Skywalker,” said Christensen. “Of course, Anakin and Obi-Wan weren’t on the greatest of terms when we last saw them… It will be interesting to see what an amazing director like Deborah Chow has in store for us all. I’m excited to work with Ewan again. It feels good to be back.”

Ahsoka

After making her long awaited live-action debut in The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano’s story, written by Dave Filoni, will continue in a limited series starring Rosario Dawson and executive produced by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau.

Rangers of the New Republic

Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, this new live-action series from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will intersect with future stories and culminate into a climactic story event.

Lando

Everyone’s favorite scoundrel Lando Calrissian will return in a brand-new event series for Disney+. Justin Simien, creator of the critically-acclaimed Dear White People and a huge Star Wars fan, is developing the story.

Andor

Andor, a tense nail-biting spy thriller created by Tony Gilroy, is set to arrive on Disney+ in 2022. Diego Luna, reprising the role of rebel spy Cassian Andor from Rogue One, will be joined by a fantastic new cast that includes Stellan Skarsgard, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller, and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma. Production kicked off three weeks ago in London.

The Acolyte

Leslye Headland, Emmy Award-nominated creator of the mind-bending series Russian Doll, brings a new Star Wars series to Disney+ with The Acolyte. The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

The animated series will arrive exclusively on Disney+.

Star Wars: Visions

Presenting all-new, creative takes on the galaxy far, far away, Star Wars: Visions will be a series of animated short films celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world’s best anime creators. The anthology collection will bring 10 fantastic visions from several of the leading Japanese anime studios, offering a fresh and diverse cultural perspective to Star Wars.

A Droid Story

As Lucasfilm continues to develop new stories, the intersection of animation and visual effects offers new opportunities to explore. Lucasfilm Animation will be teaming up with Lucasfilm’s visual effects team, Industrial Light & Magic, to develop a special Star Wars adventure for Disney+, A Droid Story. This epic journey will introduce us to a new hero, guided by legendary duo R2-D2 and C-3PO.

https://tinyurl.com/y38q9jov

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  14. SilverSmith

15. SilverSmith

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn! All those projects and only two of them are movies. I notice that "franchise killer" Rian Johnson's supposed project is nowhere in sight.

The Andor series feels like a huge waste of time. We really don't need another fringe loner Star Wars series, especially won where we know exactly how his story ends.

I'm actually really looking forward to the Visions anthology series, I'm holding out hope that they might use the opportunity to tell old expanded universe stories.

Ahsoka and the Ranger series could actually be really good, I'm excited to see where they will go with those series.

I was never really into the Clone Wars so the Bad Bach doesn't interest me at all.

The Lando series could be really interesting, I'm wondering if they are bringing Donald Glover back, it would be great to see a series staring a brother for once, Although if they bring back the woke feminist droid and they play up the pansexual thing with him I might need to take a pass.

Taika Waititi's project is the one I'm the most curious about, seeing his type of humor in the Star Wars universe would be fascinating.

Obi-Wan is cool and all but I just can't get that excited for stories where the ultimate fate of all the characters is already known.

Rogue Squadron could be good, Patty Jenkins did such a good job with Wonder Woman I'm sure she can make this good, I just hope they don't go too off the track of what makes space fighting cool.

17. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

No hope for Lando show. Simien is a gay black man who caters to black women and interracial relationships involving them. If he uses a young Lando he will likely continue down this new road of tweaking Lando's sexuality. If Lando hooks up with women they most certainly will all be black, once more placing black male characters in a box in terms of who they can romance on screen. And I am sure young Lando will be upstaged by some sister or female cousin whom we previously knew nothing about. If it's an old Lando then you can bet he will be given at least one daughter and the show will likely revolve around her taking the mantel.

18. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Agreed, hard pass. I passed on Solo just because of the "pansexual" Lando angle. Still have not seen it, even on bootleg.

All these projects sound wack, it's overkill. A prequel to Rogue One which was a prequel to A New Hope. Do I care about Cassian, no.

Obi-Wan series that takes place presumably before the prequel trilogy and Order 66, but the actors are almost 20 years older.

Don't need an Ahsoka series although she was hot in The Mando.

Same with Cara Dune don't need a solo show on her.

Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron, they keep trying it with the "force is female" bullshit. Always trying to shoe horn some woman into Star Wars. So sick of feminist bullshit. Pass.

That said, The Mando has been incredible this season but leave it to Disney and Kathleen Kennedy to kill the golden goose.

I bet even George Lucas now has sellers remorse that he sold the franchise.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

About the latest episode of The Mandalorian:
    They messed up. They should never had him reveal his face until the final show of the series. If then. It diminishes his mystery, which in turn, takes away from what makes him epic.

What is it about the mystery, iconography and myth building of a mask that modern writers don’t get?

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think they did it for two reasons, the first is that they are trying to find a way to make Pedro Pascal happy, there were rumors that he didn't like covering his face all the time. The other in-universe reason was that it showed how devoted he is to Baby Yoda and that after his meeting with those other Mandalorians he might be questioning the traditions he was raised on.