The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you personally liked all that then fine. It doesn't change the fact the movie was & still is the weakest of all the Predator movies.

And thanks for the dislike on my opinion. Always nice to know who is & who isn't an adult on this forum, which makes it easier knowing who to engage in thread conversations with.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to offend you Ra. I just feel so strongly about this movie as it was one of only a handful I purchased that year. I know it doesn't measure up to the "Alien" movies of the 1980's by any measure but it still a personal Sci-Fi favorite of mine. It is just an exciting and enjoyable movie to watch again and again :)

Ra, would you have headed for the hospital where the helicopter was . . .or left with the CO National Guards in that armored transport with the hi-tech cannon . . . or remained with the Sheriff and awaited rescue from the Federal forces doing the evacuation??

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

All Seems Lost, But the War Rages on - "Transformers: War for Cybertron - Earthrise" Debuts December 30

Netflix confirmed the news on social media this morning.

[​IMG]

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

That The Witcher holiday montage is great.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I wasn't offended by you disliking my post/opinion. Just pointing out you can disagree with someone else's opinion without disliking it. You are fine to be passionate about the movie. Not everyone has the same taste or standards on how they gauge their entertainment. The wide consensus of people that I know personally both sci-fi/horror fan & those who aren't is the movie wasn't that entertaining as most of the others. Same seems to be true with random opinions on internet sites about the movies.

Can't tell you what I would have done because I wasn't that engaged in the movie as you were. As I said for me it was very predictable what was going to happen from start to finish. The only surprise for me was it was the military that (SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER SEEN THE MOVIE) nuked the town rather than the Predator sent to hunt the hybrid or whoever was suppose to be the human protagonist using the Predator's self destruct tech.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  6. SilverSmith

The Expanse Renewed for Sixth and Final Season

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/yyvavxql

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. SilverSmith

Monster Hunter Movie - Official Chinese Trailer

8. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman 1984 international poster (Portugal)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer (Exclusive)

[​IMG]

Godzilla vs. Kong, the forthcoming monster movie from Legendary Pictures, looks likely to be the latest big franchise movie to head to a streamer.

Knowledgeable sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Netflix has made an offer of more than $200 million for the film while Warner Media has blocked the deal while preparing an offer of its own for its streamer, HBO Max. Legendary declined to comment while a Warner Bros. spokesperson said: "We plan to release Godzilla vs. Kong theatrically next year as scheduled."

The Netflix offer undoubtedly had allure for Legendary, which financed 75 percent of the budget. As Netflix does not have a presence in China, the film could have played theatrically there.

The monsterverse movies, which are the cornerstone of Legendary’s slate, are big international players, especially in China: Just over a third of King of the Monsters’ $386 million global box office came from the movie’s China release. Skull Island grossed $168 million in China, about 30 percent of the movie’s $567 million gross.

Godzilla vs. Kong, the fourth entry in the series, is slated for a May 21, 2021 opening but it is far from clear that U.S. theaters will be fully back in business by then and even if they are, the studios face a pile-up of major releases that were pushed due to the pandemic. Meanwhile Legendary is stuck with the cost of carrying an unreleased big-budget film. Though Warner Bros. has only a 25 percent stake in the movie, it controls the release.

Decisions on the movie’s fate are being handled at the highest level, with Warner Media CEO Jason Kilar and Warner Bros. chairman Ann Sarnoff figuring out an offer for a streaming release on HBO Max that in theory also includes a theatrical component. (On Nov. 18, Warner Media said that tentpole Wonder Woman 1984 would bow in theaters on Dec. 25 and be available to stream on HBO Max in a deal that Kilar described as "unprecedented.")

Legendary’s monster movies began with 2014’s Godzilla, which rebooted the franchise featuring the Japanese nuclear-created lizard and nabbed $514 million globally in theaters. Then 2017's Kong: Skull Island re-introduced audiences to King Kong. The last entry released was 2019’s Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Godzilla vs. Kong was directed by Adam Wingard, who cut his teeth with low-budget thrillers and horror flicks, and features actors Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall and Kyle Chandler.

10. orejon4

That's awesome news! I haven't seen the fifth season yet. I can only find up to Season Four on Amazon Prime. Thanks for the heads-up!

My kaiju days should be over, but I am definitely going to see this show when it's released.

11. orejon4

It's too bad that you can't undo/delete a text done in error.

12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Report the post you want deleted, and i can help you with that.

13. SilverSmith

Season Five of The Expanse starts on December 16th.

14. SilverSmith

The Eternals face Thanos In Marvel Comics' all-new Eternals comic book trailer.

15. orejon4

Well that certainly explains why I haven’t seen it! :)

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

Fortnite Zero Point Story and Battle Pass Trailers

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Fans Want to 'Save Daredevil' as Character Rights Revert Back to Marvel Studios

[​IMG]

This past weekend, on November 29, the rights to Daredevil officially transferred from Netflix back to Marvel, once again igniting the #SaveDaredevil campaign that fans have launched intermittently since the series was canceled back in 2018.

When Daredevil was axed back in November of 2018, the Netflix deal was set up so that the streamer would retain the rights until two years after the cancellation. Now the character rights are back with Marvel Studios and Daredevil is free and clear to join, or re-join really, the MCU.

#SaveDaredevil was trending this weekend, once again, because of the fan fervor. And not just to have the character back in Marvel's hands, but fans specifically wanting Charlie Cox to continue playing Matt Murdock, along with the other actors from the series reprising their roles.

Daredevil star Vincent D'Onofrio, who played Wilson Fisk, and MCU/Agents of SHIELD star Clark Gregg also joined in the online Save Daredevil campaign.

D'Onofrio also recently, as of last week, asked fans to sign a petition that would save the series, in its full Netflix-y cast and tone form, and basically just have it transfer over to a Disney-owned platform. D'Onofrio also seems aware that the third MCU Spider-Man film contains Kingpin opportunities.

There are many things to consider when it comes to "saving" a series. While it would be great to just have Daredevil revived as a show and continue on from where there story left off, it would be weird for Disney to, essentially, only have half the series right now. The first three seasons live on Netflix so those wanting to watch for the first time, or rewatch from the beginning, would have to go to a large streaming competitor to do so.

Of course, Marvel may get the first three seasons of the show back eventually, as other shows Netflix has saved -- like The Killing and The Fall -- eventually do leave the platform. Best guess, if this happens, Daredevil could live on Hulu (given its edgier tone). But then again, we've seen so many of Marvel's Hulu shows die on the vine over the past few years - from Runaways to the poorly-received Hellstrom to the Ghost Rider series that never happened (oh, and the nixed New Warriors show).

Most likely, the best avenue, if there is one, is for the actors to reprise their roles, in a supporting capacity, in an MCU movie or in one of the many upcoming MCU Disney+ shows.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They should re-introduce all of the Netflix MCU characters in different movies and series. Daredevil should popup in Spider-Man 3, I mean it would be perfect to cast him as the now fugitive Peter Parker's lawyer.

Luke Cage should pop up in the She-Hulk series since they are also both based in New York and their characters had a history in the comics.

Jessica Jones should popup in alongside Luke in She-Hulk or as a fellow detective in the Moonknight series.

Iron Fist is a no-brainer for the Shang-Chi movie since the rumors are that the movie is about an Enter The Dragon style martial art tournament.

The Punisher would be a great fit in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

With them all reestablished in the MCU it would be easy to integrate them into other bigger projects.

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

If that does happen and they start to think about other NETFLIX marvel characters they HAVE to find a way to get Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter back as Luke & Jessica. If not I would wait a while before introducing them with NEW actors playing them. Because Krysten and Mike played those characters so well to the point that they became Luke Cage and Jessica Jones just like Chadwick Boseman became T'Challa. I remember in a interview Krysten and Mike mentioned people in public at times would call them Luke and Jessica. That means you've done a GREAT job at portraying these characters.