Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

How are your countries handling Christmas & New Years?

In the UK, the government has "relaxed" lockdown rules for 5-days. Whatever that means

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they would do that, is the virus taking time off too?

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

In the US it's been all over the place; every state seems to be doing something different. In Texas the government hasn't done enough. That's no surprise of course; we haven't had a decent governor since Ann Richards. When Abbott finally decided to make a half-assed attempt to do something, it was too little too late.

4. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Rollx007

Rollx007 Well-Known Member

It's all a mess everywhere, while Wuhan, China is having live concerts, have you seen those clips !?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Tamstrong

China isn't the only place with idiots engaging in that kind of stupid behavior. The world is evidently filled with fools not taking the virus as seriously as they should. The US seems to have more than its fair share of those fools.

7. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200526_110438.jpg

9. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They're just following Kamala Harris's lead.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think he's posting about "handwashing?"

Wake up! Lockdowns are NOT the bloody answer! The virus is out there, it's not going away, ever, so if you don't want to catch it, then you stay home or wear a mask.

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed! The US has to be right in there.

A friend told me that her brother says that COVID-related rules/precautions are examples of fascism. She says he made that statement many times, but again when she told him of my employer's requirement that any employees (and students) coming onto campus are required to test 1-2 times per week. I told her to tell him that we can refuse the tests just as the university can ban us from entering the campus if we don't comply with the rule(s).

13. Tamstrong

It sounds like he wouldn't know fascism if it bit him in the ass. I get so sick of idiots like that carrying on about what boils down to an inconvenience as if it's some form of oppression. smdh Yeah, folks have the right to refuse all they want, but they shouldn't be surprised or butthurt when suffering the consequences.

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

'What they're NOT telling you about the lockdowns'

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He's a doctor, right? Is it a vaccine?
    Who to listen to..

FB_IMG_1606318270445.jpg

17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I wish this was just a meme.

19. Tamstrong

Everyone, please do whatever you can to keep yourselves and others safe. I know it's the holiday season, and folks are used to getting together with family/friends and/or traveling, but it's not really worth the risk right now.

It's getting bad again, and will most likely get a lot worse before it gets any better. The numbers just keep climbing, yet folks still aren't taking the virus as seriously as they should. Several of my own family members have or have had it, one who didn't survive it, and recently dozens of students/staff at my job have tested positive. Many more are in quarantine due to exposure waiting to see what's going to happen. It's nerve wracking and scary as hell.

20. Tamstrong

Yeah, me too. :(