Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Bruh, you gotta remember that black folks have been voting 90+% Democrat for decades & we're only 13% of the population. Just off those facts alone, you gotta naturally assume there aren't a lot of options for Black Conservative judges for Trump, McConnell, The Federalist Society, & The Heritage Foundation to choose from.

2. ColiBreh1

https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1326195485338693632
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I never bought into the fearmongering the last couple months from the Dems that the ACA would go away. Especially when you realize, as Jimmy Dore always points out, the ACA was originally a Republican healthcare plan that came from Mitt Romney.

On the other side, seeing how 2017-2018 played out...Nobody should take a GOP politician seriously anymore when they talk big about getting rid of Obamacare until the GOP controls both houses of Congress & the presidency and most importantly.....have a legit healthcare plan ready to go to replace the ACA with.

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

There is literally so much fearmongering by the Dems about Obamacare (no, it's not going away until something better can replace it) and Roe v. Wade (no, that's NEVER going away).

I have never, in my voting life, voted for a democrat on the sole issue that I was afraid Roe v. Wade would be overturned if a Republican gets in the White House. That has been around since the early 70s. There is NEVER a chance of it getting overturned. There would be massive riots from women on BOTH sides of the aisle, if that happened.

I don't allow fearmongering to dictate who I vote for.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Judges are suppose to be bipartisan though

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. The Dark King

So if it's not going away why do Republicans constantly threaten to repeal and replace?

6. Bookworm616

Repeal and replace what? Obamacare?

7. Bookworm616

They SHOULD be, but they all have "R"s and "D"s after their names. And you all relish when a "D" judge shoots down anything Republican.

LOL, TDK, you need to be more self-aware.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The Democrats may have painted themselves into a corner. There have been some rumblings coming out that say that Trump is eyeing a run in 2024 (which means he pretty much knows he lost this election) He is still exceedingly popular among registered republicans, and if he runs again the cowards in the GOP won't oppose him which means he would get the nomination again in a cakewalk.

Now, there are also rumblings that Joe Biden has committed to be a one-term president, which means Kamala Harris is the presumed front runner to run in 2024. The corporate Dems will assure that she will run virtually unopposed (a progressive candidate might challenge) she will be propped up again by the media and the DNC because they are all-in on identity-politics and she checks way too many boxes not to be their dream candidate. They will again ignore the fact that she has proven how weak she is as a candidate against softball fellow Democrats, and her perceived support among African-Americans is all smoke and mirrors. Remember what happened the last time the Democrats ran their not-well liked, box-checking, dream candidate, against Donald Trump?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. The Dark King

Sorry I forgot my sarcasm button but honestly what republican agenda makes it to the court to be shot unless it's in the direct Civil rights of others. Kind of like abortion. If you don't want one don't have one

10. The Dark King

Agreed. I'm not kidding if they run her I'm voting Republican.

11. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

People,

your discussions with this individual are futile! Anyone who would vote for Trump has zero morals and damn sure doesn’t have the moral high ground. GOP and their constituents are not arguing in good faith.

12. ColiBreh1

The fearmongering about Roe v. Wade is laughable ridiculous political theater. Even if Roe v. Wade was to be struck down, the decision of how to handle abortions would be handled by the individual states. The Blue states would just continue as is & some of the deep blue states (i.e. Cali) would get even more radical with it & push late-term abortions up until birth. The Red states would put in more restrictions & some of the deep red states might just outright ban abortions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

I think Obamacare is a wedge issue both parties can campaign on.

14. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

“hey guys let's be very nice to the vulgar racist philanderer who mocked the weak and bullied the helpless and stole from the needy and cheated the credulous and fleeced the hopeful and lied to the gullible because he's very sad that no one will let him be president any more”

15. ColiBreh1

TDK, with a Mitch McConnell-controlled Senate & a GOP President, that ain't happening. If you want some backstory, this 53-minute PBS Frontline documentary from last year might interest you:

Actually there's been rumblings about Biden being a 1-term president most of this year, even before Kamala was officially chosen as VP.

For real, LOL? Y'all dislike Kamala that much? Of the names being thrown around for the 2024 GOP nominations, who do y'all like the most?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  16. Bookworm616

There really needs to be a sarcasm font. LOL. Whew. I was getting worried about you, TDK!

Yes, which is why I'm (mostly) pro-choice. It should be a safe option for those who want one.

17. Bookworm616

Agreed. Either side could work on improving upon it.

18. ColiBreh1

19. Bookworm616

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I love how disingenuous that first tweet is. Hmmm.........I can't imagine what the difference is between Al Gore's legal strategy is in 2000 and Donald Trump's strategy in 2020, could it possibly be that Al Gore never implied that a violent transferal of power was not off the table like Trump did?

Oh and as for the 2nd tweet Does anybody remember the guys that got arrested on their way to Philadelphia polling center with a truck full of guns?