Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

They started this precedent back in 2016. Now is the time to hold them accountable for their actions and the standard that has now been set.

There's no two sets of rules just because your political party happens to be the one in office. The whole "do as we say but not as we do" style of politics is getting played out.

20200919_160415.png

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Democrats/Liberals have lost their minds. They are actively threatening physical violence if the vacant seat is filled.

'Over our dead bodies': Liberals threaten to 'burn it all down' if GOP replace Ginsburg before Election Day

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...n-if-gop-replace-ginsburg-before-election-day

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200913_085526.jpg

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How how exactly do we hold people like this accountable?

7. The Dark King

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

In a perfect world we would expect them to do the right thing however you & I both know that's not going to happen.

How we will hold them accountable is a very good question. I'm sure those on the right will do something to make themselves feel morally superior in their decision and invoke the Bible in justifying their hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Please stop saying both political parties are the same.

But in 2016.....(I hate these muthafuckers!!)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Is this like the Illegal Immigration hypocrisy Dems pulled?

Spot on!!

Keep in mind, in 2016, Obama was leaving, there were 2 brand new candidates being elected, not like now with an incumbent running.

Furthermore, just like the prior illegal immigration speeches from the Dems on how "we must secure our borders and arrest and deport illegal aliens", how is it that every justification Dems gave after Scalia's death, is suddenly vehemently wrong after RBG's death?
    Help me out here AB, what changed for you Dems?

11. The Dark King

To you is there anything conservatives do wrong? What America do you want to live in?

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Please don't fall for the banana in the tailpipe. It's a classic bait-move. I've seen it on so many occasions. That's why they don't come at me with any of it.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Conservatives aren't "doing anything wrong" here though.
    In fact, in 2016, your leader, Joe Biden, said this:

"It is the Constitutional duty of a president to nominate, if a vacancy becomes available"

You agree, right?

So that is what President Trump is doing.

Now, since the Senate gets to approve or reject, then please defer to the words Barack Obama proclaimed:

"Elections have consequences"

You and l both know very well that the Dems ABSOLUTELY would have approved Garland in 2016. C'mon, maaan.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who is surprised at this deranged update?

Just like cock-a-roaches, hysterical, lunatic liberals have swarmed Mitch McConnell's house to intimidate him, and have surrounded a police car sent to protect him, his family and his neighbors. Just disgusting.

https://mol.im/a/8752641

Next up, Nasty Pelosi said today she won't rule out impeachment proceedings if President Trump constitutionally nominates anyone to the vacated seat, (thus hogging Senate floor time.)
    More proof that Dems are absolute LUNATICS. :eek:

https://mol.im/a/8752813

17. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Scalia died 10 months before the 2016 presidential election. If Justice Ginsberg had passed 10 months before the 2020 presidential election, McConnell would still be an asshole hypocrite, but most pundits would accept the fact that Trump had a right to appoint a new SC justice before the November election.

Based on McConnell's own rationale, or, called making shit up as you go along, Obama should have had every right to nominate a SC justice in 2016.
    Less than a month and a half before a presidential election, the NEXT president should appoint a new SC justice, not the incumbent.

Again, as I've said before, no one should ever want to live in a country with a conservative supreme court.

You must believe healthcare is a privilege and not a right, marijuana should be banned and ALL abortions should be illegal.

If Trump and McConnell get away with this, Americans are going to learn a very hard lesson that the people of Chile, Argentina, Honduras, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran had to learn.

Conservative Supreme Courts restrict people's rights, they don't expand them.

What the fuck am I arguing for?? Yall are the same people that believe the electoral college is 'democratic', just until you lose a presidential election but still win the popular vote.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

People are going to suffer but it may be a stretch to say that they are going to actually learn.

In 2028 you will probably still get "but but but Obama," " but but but Benghazi."

I've been said at least a year ago that I expect hard right government for the foreseeable future.

The only thing that pushed me to a new level of being disgusted was seeing the idiotic response to Covid from citizens and government.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I had to chuckle at this tweet:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1307449274972737537
    [​IMG]