Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I remember being told by them everyday that "you can only have one girlfriend"

But I didn't choose just one because I didn't quite understand the concept.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear this, fam. Keep learning new skills. It can only help.

Anybody remember back when we thought 2019 was fucked up?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What was bad about it? I thought it was a good year.

Anyway I'm not even mad about 2020. Can't really say I'm glad it happened, but I'm glad to have learned what I've learned from it. Better to know what's best for me sooner than later.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao ahhhhh the good old days

5. K

K Well-Known Member

There isn't anything sexual taught (that I'm aware of). It's more bringing in the 2 dads, 2 moms, trans stuff, and ringing up that someone of historical significance was gay, etc. I think it's way too young, personally. Children aren't really aware of those things in Kindergarten. I don't think we need to specifically be drawing attention to it all at early ages. Suddenly, you have children coming home asking about things they are not developmentally ready for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I agree that's too young. Let them have their innocence. For any child that has two parents of the same sex the responsibility is on the parents to teach what they need to know.

This is what happens when unqualified people like politicians and pastors make all the decisions. This time I think left wing non-religious politicians screwed this up. Both sides of the political spectrum are ridiculous.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

I just received the pacing guides. Our school has chosen to go with a loophole (well that's what I think it is) and they are only "offering" the curriculum in 8th and 9th grade. So, by the state's mandate, it handles the minimum of once in elementary and once in high school requirement, since they are defining elementary as TK-8th. Parents are able to opt-out, most are. I have 8 - 8th graders this year (I have students in all grades on my roster from K-12 with the exception of 3rd, 9th, 10th this year) all opted-out. They didn't ask for more information or to consult with me, nothing. They saw the overview of material and they were out. In our school, parents are always free to use another sex-ed curriculum at whatever point they choose as well.

The first unit is "My transgender Friend". The amount of material on transgender equals the amount of information on STI and proper use of condoms.

Of course, that's not even addressing the conversation of adding LGBTQ information to history (now called Social Science) in Kinder up, which is not something that can be opted out of.I'm not one to parallel Black issues with LGBTQ, but I have a really hard time with that Black history is being whitewashed in curriculum and LGBTQ is being woven through it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We can only help people that are willing to be helped with our talents.

If it makes you feel any better I'm starting to realize that I can only use my knowledge to bring more luxuries to rich people even though we have people on other continents living like they are in the 18th century. Until people are willing to change their way of thinking and open up to learning, there isn't much you can do for them.

9. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Here's a question for everybody, What does a hug from the opposite sex mean to you?

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What kind of hug?

11. CAkicker

Any kind of hug.

Or the friendzone hug

12. CAkicker

Maybe me attracting women ain't as hard as I thought it would be. But in the meantime it's time for me to get back into Martial Arts. I wanna have power in my kicks like Joe Rogan

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The “around the shoulders and keeping my body separate from you hug” means that that person is either creeped out by you and or feels obligated to give a hug. It’s the kind of hug you give to creepy family members.

The deep sighs “haven’t seen you in a long time” is a friendly gesture that can mean they have feelings for you, but are more than likely non romantic.

The weak-ass hug with a pat on the back is friendzone stuff. Or the warm embrace because she is happy to see her “bestie” is friendzone shit.

The hug where damn near everything is pressed up against you is... you do the math.

The warm embrace with a sigh where her face is directly against yours is a “you do the math” moment to.

If she grabs your ass during it or you grab hers and she likes it, also do the math.

A hug from the back can mean she sees you as a friend that could potentially fuck someday, but in my experience, people that try that, do so because you wouldn’t normally want to give them a hug anyway.

14. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Depends on the hug...
    If it’s a specific hug that provoked the questions, please describe the hug;-)

15. CAkicker

Ok, I'll give it my best by describing

My arms were around her lower back, while her arms was around the back of my neck

16. meowkittenmeow

It sounds rather platonic. I think it's less about the hug and more about your history with this person. If it is your first pseudo-intimate touch, then it may be a start to something or she could see you as a friend and the occasion called for a hug.

17. Madeleine

Mhm. For how long? Did you stay that way for a bit or it was just a few seconds hug to greet?

18. Madeleine

To me it sounds rather non-platonic.

19. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

What happened prior to the hug? What was the conversation? To me that gives more indication than mechanics or hand placement.

20. meowkittenmeow

Exactly what I was saying. If there is some history, we need to know it.