Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Solid point.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The police Bliss. Jesus what country are you living in?
    And keep blaming thr democrats when your president dismantled the pandemic response team in 2018. That's 100 percent federal and under the executive branch. Calling it a hoax pressuring states to reopen was all under who again? In what way did democrats control any of that?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I value your input.

The evidence behind the political power that we do have suggests that we need the Democrats just as much as they need us and probably more. Is it easier for them to replace black people as voters or is it easier for us to take our vote somewhere else, effectively replacing them?

Politicians see this and act accordingly. Just like Biden said if you don't vote for me "you ain't black." He is pretty much telling us that we don't really have a better option and to not vote for him would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

That's the power that folks want to go to war with? LOL

As much as I don't like what he said, he has a point. I'm going to face reality no matter how ugly it is.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. meowkittenmeow

Interesting point. In this case, and in most cases, I agree. A lot of black people put the entire focus on the presidential election and don’t vote beyond that. In addition to that, as black men, our options generally suck either way. The only group of people that could boycott an election is black men as oppose to black men and women. They still provide crumbs for black women, so they will always get their vote.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Good point. This is what I thought too.

6. The Dark King

To be fair that's not a black male thing its an under 50 thing where people ignore local elections because we no longer teach civics in school. I had no clue what an assemblyman was until I studied government in college.
    I agree with the black women part they've effectively split our community down the middle. Black women rarely ever say black people anymore its totally all about black women and girls until it's convenient to use a black man or boy to further their own agenda. They say things Breona Taylor doesn't get the same coverage or outrage as a George Floyd but they ignore the fact that when they shot her she wasn't the target and that it wasn't on video. The only time they care that we die is when it's on tape otherwise it's a figment of our imagination.

7. meowkittenmeow

I think many (not all) don't care when we die, but are more than happy to use our deaths to fuel their agenda. Kind of like how BLM doesn't have black men in their 12 guiding principles. Or how they ignore the fact that every black male sports players used damn near every interview to mention Breona Taylor.

8. The Dark King

Yup. While it's not all black women they are the loudest out there

9. The Dark King

And just like that I no longer support the corporate entity BLM. Include black men and boys or lose our support. Our bodies are not stepping stones to your destination smh
    Thanks for the heads up

10. meowkittenmeow

Their founders are 3 black feminist lesbians. They can't add black men, because they would have to admit misandry. Then they would lose feminist support, because the moment that is brought to the table, government funding has to be split, lobbyists are out of work, and the power they are building starts to dwindle. It's all a part of a business.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Serious question. Since you wanted Bernie and not Biden. Why not boycott now? Or is there another way to use our political power?

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Sadly, I have to agree. I can't count how many times over the years I've heard people say things like "I don't bother voting in non-presidential years" and so on. Coming along in NYC public schools I was always interested in Civics, and I definitely can recall learning about elected officials, but not much on the local level.

I agree on the BW thing as well. I know it's not all, but far too many seem quick to push away non-black females on female issues, and black men on black people issues. To attempt to address is often a losing battle and/or one just not worth taking on.

13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20200910_182615.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. The Dark King

Did anyone hear the Woodward Tape? Dear Lord this is bad. Any Trumper who explains this away is not fit to be an American. There is not a single one who can say if Obama not only ignored advice from medical experts then knowingly lied to the public while they got sick that they would ignore it.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Because I don’t vote for people. I vote for policy. People can change. But, my belief in what should happen will only change if I change them. So, I go for who’s policy is closest to mine. At this time, it’s Biden.

Actually, Yang was my guy. Then Bernie. Again, I go for whoever is closer to where I stand politically. Nothing else matters.

The time to boycott an election was Obama vs. Romney. Not, now. We gain nothing from it and lose way too much. Trump must be stopped. If you study history, you see that this is how dictators start. They’re already grabbing citizens off the streets, throwing them in blacked out vans and taking them somewhere, then releasing them when they complain about their rights being violated. This is a test run to see what the public will tolerate. Look for this to ramp up dramatically under a second
    Trump term. There’s more. A lot more, but you get my drift.

The best way to exercise our political power is to get Trump out, then continue to push and demonstrate and show up to community meetings and join local Democratic Party or Republican (though I don’t think we’ll get much traction there) groups and insist on what we want to happen. Make our concerns part of the platform.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

No. Both parties are equally as bad. Didn’t you know that?

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think that if we were to boycott that would have been the best time, even tho I'm not for it overall. Those opportunities where it may make some sense are very few and far in between.

Getting conservatives on the bench in the courts hurts black men more than anyone else.

Anyway take your time and let me know what you think about Dr Anderson at some point.

18. The Dark King

Lmao all I know every time a Republican is in charge the economy takes a hit and we're on the verge of war.

19. The Dark King

Agreed

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]