Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

What does magical thinking have to do with it? I’d say it’s a case of lack of access to proper maternity and paediatric care.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well I don't really expect you to understand because you haven't spent enough time around Black Americans. I understand your perspective. However you were shocked for a reason. This is The US vs Afghanistan that we are talking about.

3. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that black women are x times (I think it was about three times) as likely to die in childbirth than ww and they presented cases of bw who died not at home but in hospital care. So it has to do with that systemic racism and not just magical thinking, right?

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

So, I guess that’s why black.women, who only make up around 6% of the population, are making huge strides. Seems like you think facts that don’t fit your ideals are “magical thinking.”

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

With that yes. Totally agree with that.

How do we fight systematic racism? It doesn't go away on its on.

Our preferred method is magic

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They aren't the target. We are. We are the "threat."

That's why I said find legislation that helps us. We are the target and when we fall it indirectly affects them.

You found no legislation at all.

7. samson1701

Accept or disprove my original facts and I will do exactly that. How many times do I have to state that?

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No need. I gave my solution to MKM. You gave your solution to me, right?

That's basically agreeing to disagree.

Take both solutions to an educated PhD, preferably someone with experience as a political advocate, not someone in hard science since you think we are biased.

Ask them which one they think is a more viable solution.

9. samson1701

In my haste, I messed that up. It’s wasn’t 11% percent or 35%. It’s 11 infant deaths per 1000 births down from 35 infant deaths per 1000 births. My bad.

10. samson1701

That’s fair. I’ll see if I can find someone we can both agree upon, then see if they’ll evaluate our approaches. Cool?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's cool.

Dr. Claude Anderson PhD in education would agree with me. Didn't get the idea from him but I'm not an arrogant fool so I listen to see what others think.

Dr Boyce Watkins PhD Finance would agree with me, but you want to win so you would call him biased, lol. He isn't hard science tho.

Sure find someone. LOL

12. samson1701

When I say black men not getting involved, I mean the everyday black man. That’s where we drop the ball. In the political circles that I have direct observation of, it’s mostly black women on the ground boosting a college educated black man up. So, I tend to believe what’s reported about us not being involved as much.

But, you are correct. We don’t get the recognition that an AOC will get. I suspect it’s because we (black men) had Obama. So, now minority women feel like it’s their turn. In the meantime, black men are relegated to being being props. I think that would change if more everyday, working class black men got involved.

13. samson1701

I don’t know anything about Anderson. I’ll look into him. But, Watkins is good for finance. He has what I call political blind spots. So, I wouldn’t want to use him. I’d want to use someone who has experience getting something done, politically. To me, it’s like having someone who’s never ran a business teach a business class. Sure, it sounds good in a lecture, but when that buzz saw of real life hits you ...

Look, do I like winning? Yes. Can I be cut throat about it? Yes. It’s something the left needs to get good at. But, I never want to win an argument at the expense of truth. If I’m arguing something, it’s because I genuinely believe, based on facts and context, that I am right. I try to research everything I believe and adjust those beliefs as newer facts emerge. No belief is sacred. So, if I’m wrong, I have zero problems admitting it.

I don’t have to be right all the time. I just usually am. ...lol

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah that's again completely untrue. Black men are definitely on the ground but again their contributions are ignored in this time of black women do all the work. Great example was the Ray Moore election where 98 percent of black women voted for the opposition. Even though 94 percent of the black male vote did as well they were practically invisible. Don't believe the hype fam. Black men are on the ground

15. samson1701

Is that 94% of black men who got involved? I'd want to see the raw numbers of black men vs black women. Just using made up numbers as an example: if it were only 10 black men that voted, out of a 1000 black men, and 9 of them voted a particular way, then that's 90% of black males who voted.

16. The Dark King

Interesting that the assumption is the raw numbers would be less. Kind of like people who want to see where charitable donations for BLM but never once questioned the Red Cross or Unicef

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Blacks are more Conservative than ever. You just aren't exposed to it. White and Black Conservatives are actually not showing their ass.

I know you and some others tend to wrap yourselves in liberal bubbles, but there is a movement underway, because people are fed up at the brownshirting and trampling of freedom of speech and individual freedoms. The Dems are the Karens of politics, in everyone's business, everyone's life, everyone's wallet.
    The #silentmajority is real.

18. The Dark King

Yup there's a ton of black conservatives as conservative white people like yourself ignore the white supremacists killing black and brown people like there's no tomorrow. Unlike you I actually live in this skin I'm not a spectator who can tune in and out at will. And if you're telling me that black people are actually ok with living in an hell scape pandemic where it kills us more than anyone else while suffering the highest unemployment and highest likelihood of eviction then I have s bridge in London to sell you. Millions are marching and protesting because we actually love the way things are. Foh

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who, praytell, are these
    "white supremacists killing black and brown people like there's no tomorrow." ?

What the hell, TDK?

Are you talking about Chicago?
    NYC? The Bronx, Brooklyn?? Philadelphia? DC? Baltimore? Who are these "White Supremacists"?

So you want to bring up the Pandemic? How rich.
    As if it doesn't sit squarely on incompetent Democrats shoulders.

As for evictions, they are on a moratorium, and there are many funding programs to help for when its time to pay, so what are you yapping about?

I also personally witnessed Black Communities be last to wear masks, you couldn't tell them different, they'd tout they had special superpower blood that protected them from the virus.
    It wasn't even political, it was this ridiculous magical thinking -- only whites and asians could get it, blacks were exempt. Take responsibility and stop blaming Conservatives for catching the virus.

Seriously, every time, you love to play the perpetual victim, and you're not. You're no victim, TDK.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Indianapolis, IN – A Starbucks barista posted a video to TikTok on Sunday calling for “more dead cops” that showed him behind the counter preparing a special poisonous “Blue Lives Matter” drink recipe that called for more than a cup of bleach.

FB_IMG_1599541276844.jpg

20200908_010850.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020