The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm confused here. Is the background photshopped or did they do a WW & BP collab event that I didn't hear about? lol.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I didn't even notice the back ground.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm ok with this. I'll would just skip BP 2 and wait for the 3rd installment. Make it T'Challa's nephew or something like that.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

LOL! It's really that real for you huh??? Did Shuri kill your dog or something? Lol

Just joking, I know you hate a black man losing a prominent position to a black woman (or anyone else I assume). We just see this one differently.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just not interested and one installment isn't going to make much difference. I'm just as ok with it as you but I have enough movies and shows to catch up on so missing it isn't a big deal.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. darkcurry

Of course they'll also do it for the sake of woke politics but Shuri DID have a run as BP. Can't ignore that and imo I think that should be what happens in BP 2. It is toooo early to be thinking about BP 3. I think they should just end after BP 3 though. Black Male heroes are still coming such as BLADE is still coming and I hope the silver lining in this is they SERIOUSLY start to explore The Blue Marvel in phase 4.

[​IMG]

Adam Brashear is ACTUALLY the first black superhero in the MARVEL universe being as though his story started in the 60s. Although he had to wear a mask.
    [​IMG]

His battle with Hyperion was EPIC!
    [​IMG]

He is absurdly underrated and POWERFUL and MCU writers and directors LOVE characters that are in the shadows. They have done a great job at taking underrated heroes and storyline and making them into something.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I really don't like any of those options. Since Chadwick Boseman and T'Challa were not actually the same person, there is absolutely no reason to kill off the character because of Chadwick's untimely death. Film roles don't belong to anyone particular actor or actress (even iconic ones)

I don't want to sound sexist or disrespectful to Black Women but I think the symbolism of Black Panther was more important to black men specifically than to black people as a whole. I don't think a lot of people realize how few images of Black male leadership there are in pop culture. There are already too many images of black communities lacking male leadership in the media, it would be a shame to take away one of the few instances that buck away from that.

M'Baku was cool and all but he was inferior to T'Challa, to have him be the sole representation of Male energy would be like having Robin permanently take over for Batman. No matter how badass he is, he still would pale in comparison to the OG hero.

CGI would actually kind of piss me off and I don't think I'd be alone in that, remember the uproar when it was suggested that Carrie Fisher would be CGI in Star Wars Ep9. I think the uproar for a computer-generated Chadwick Boseman would be ten times bigger.

Whichever way they choose to go forward it will be a while. So hopefully, time will make it clear what the best decision is.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Respect.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Time is definitely a major factor here. I mentioned in an earlier post that all this could look different next year when we're not as close to this tragedy.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Raised by Wolves is a 10-part series exclusively available on HBO Max. The first three episodes drop today, September 3 - new episodes being released every Thursday thereafter. Ridley Scott directs the first two episodes.

[​IMG]

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I remember mentioning blue marvel months ago. As far as Shuri, if they go cannon, she did take up the mantle and she was a horrible ruler. She could do black panther things, but couldn't rule her nation.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They are not going to show a black woman who can't do it all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My first thought is that it may actually make more sense to do the opposite. Make Shuri a better queen than warrior. That way you can easily have her pass on the Black Panther mantle. Recall that T'Chaka was still king in Civil War but T'Challa was already Black Panther.

But what's wrong with showing a black woman doing it all? Wasn't T'Challa a black man who could do it all? Everyone seemed cool with that.

Just my two cents

14. SilverSmith

Live-Action Mulan Will Be Free to All Disney+ Subscribers in December

Disney Plus customers who shell out $30 for “Mulan” starting Friday, Sept. 4, will get the first look at the live-action remake — but in three months, all subscribers to the streaming service will get access to “Mulan” for no extra charge.

Starting Sept. 4, “Mulan” will be available to Disney Plus subscribers who pay the additional $29.99 early-access fee, on top of the regular $6.99-per-month subscription. “Your access to ‘Mulan’ will continue as long as you are an active Disney Plus subscriber,” the Disney Plus website says.

The “Mulan” Premier Access offer will be available until Nov. 2. Then, as of Dec. 4, 2020, “Mulan” will be available to all Disney Plus subscribers for no additional cost, according to an updated page on the service’s site, as previously spotted by the Verge.

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/32Rgzop

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. SilverSmith

Before screenwriter John Ridley's Batman series debuts in 2021, he's teaming with Olivier Coipel
    for a Luke Fox family story in Batman: The Joker War Zone #1. On sale September 29.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No. Stay honest. T'Challa is supposed to have a PhD in Physics from Oxford. That means genius. That's not what we seen in the movie. In the movie Shuri was the brains behind the tech.

17. darkcurry

Nothing wrong with a black woman super hero. In fact Shuri has the charm, charisma and personality that have/will win over male audiences. It's the pandering and the disrespect that comes with it. When folks we're re-watching Black Panther having a what they called on twitter a #BlackPantherWatchParty in honor of Chadwick Boseman they quickly made the film about the black women.
    When AWIT came out after BP did those numbers they were already trying to sell that movie as better than BP... and when it didn't do the numbers they expected(pshh... they wanted it to out do BP) they blamed it on black men for not supporting them. It's this silly battle of the sexes or sex war people get in that is the actual problem. Shuri as BP in BP 2 would work but of course they would have no choice but to elevate her even more because that's what businesses do... they pander to accumulate the money.

18. SilverSmith

The legend of Shang-Chi continues in a new miniseries by Gene Luen Yang, Dike Ruan, and Philip Tan. On sale
    Sep 30.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Right or wrong isn't the point I'm making. I'm saying that it would open a can of social justice worms if they replaced the strong capable male hero with a female hero who couldn't live up to the job. Female characters in male-dominated genres are always portrayed as hyper-capable as a way to overcompensate, so you will almost never see a female who isn't as good as her male counterpart at anything.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol! You have a really good point there. I like to think T'Challa's intellect would've been played up in future outings, but we'll never know will we? His incredible education and intelligence is one of my very favorite things about him.