Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 Books in the series:

I enjoyed the series, and I'm looking forward to checking out the author's other stuff.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I take it this is one of those e-book series rather than physical? I might check it out if/when I can find the time to read regular prose novels around the house.

3. Tamstrong

Yep, it is. Bookbub had a good deal on the set, so I gave it a try. I think you'd like it.

4. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

Not a bad beginning for the series.

[​IMG]

Well written, but not for everyone. It's extremely violent and disturbing.

[​IMG]

This one is meh. It was contrived, corny, and predictable.

5. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Entertaining series. No word yet on when the 5th book will be released.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I was going to ask about Book One but it was in your last post.

7. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Last 3 books

Disintegration the splintering of black America
    48 laws of power
    Every little step Bobby Brown Story

8. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great series!

9. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

There were some helpful things in this book, but not helpful enough. That's not the book's fault though.

[​IMG]

Pretty good.

[​IMG]

This one was okay, but it missed the mark for me. The way the author handled the ending was a corny letdown.

10. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like a lot of prequels, it's not as good as the Red Hood Chronicles, but it was still enjoyable.

11. Tamstrong

Duology:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The premise behind this set isn't terrible, but the writing itself ruined whatever potential there was. There are so many mistakes, it drove me nuts. The mistakes in the first book were worse than the second; it didn't seem to be proofread at all. What's crazy is the author is actually an English teacher! Not a good look. lol I won't waste time reading anything else he's written.

[​IMG]

This was a solid read. It's the second book I've read by this author, and I am impressed with his writing skills.

12. Sigrid

Sigrid Member

Technically cheating I guess, but I’m only listing one as it’s a massive series, but anyway. The Wheel of Time. If you like Lord of the Rings then this may pique your interest.

13. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were all good. There's supposed to be one more book he's adding to the series, but no word on the release date yet.

14. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

Solid series. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of his stuff.

[​IMG]

Another good story by this author.

[​IMG]

I only gave it 3 stars on Amazon, but it's still entertaining.

15. Tamstrong

The first four are actually a collection of novellas and short stories called The Broken Veil (I got it free on the author's website), but I'm listing them separately.

[​IMG]

Yep.

[​IMG]

Yep.

[​IMG]

Yep

[​IMG]

Yep

[​IMG]

Yep. Thanks to Ra for the recommendation. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

[​IMG]

Yep

16. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

Not bad.

[​IMG]

Not bad.

[​IMG]

Good.

17. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

The Dragons of Eden
    The Isis Papers
    The Grand Chessboard

18. Tamstrong

Not what I'd call best seller level, but still an entertaining series. The third book had a painfully slow start, but I did like how he ended the series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

Great idea, but the execution missed the mark for me. It felt like it took a couple of years to read this book; it was so long and drawn out. I've liked most of what I've read from this author, but this one is the newest addition to the disappointment pile for me.

[​IMG]

This was another miss for me. Again, the story concept was good, but the author failed to make it work. He tried too hard to make it graphic and over the top, so it came across as forced and awkward as hell.

[​IMG]

Another great installment of The Dresden Files. [​IMG]

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I was planning on offering up another Jim Butcher series recommendation once you'd read a few more of the Dresden File novels to make sure that you actually liked them, but I'll throw it out now. The Codex Alera. There are only six books in the series (he told the story he wanted to tell but left some seeds for revisiting the world if he had other things to explore in the future). The first book is on Kindle for $3.99. The prices vary on the other books from $5.99 to $9.99.