Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I remember US History being a requirement in 11th grade. I'm like how the fuck do you get through 10 years of grade school and not know American history? Sheesh.

They need to fix the whole curriculum from 1st to 12th.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

A push for more science, mathematics, and technology. I do agree that finance related courses are a must.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I want to see Africa with reliable electricity but being that they are the most religious continent on the planet, maybe I should just let them figure out what their issue is.

One example is Stella Immanuel Donnie's favorite doctor from Cameroon educated in Nigeria. Crazy as catshit and even her practice is tainted by magical thinking. That's the thing, the shit spreads into other areas where it doesn't belong.

For now I'm thinking I don't need the headache. LOL

Stella Immanuel’s theories about the relationship between demons, illness and sex have a long history
    https://theconversation.com/stella-...ns-illness-and-sex-have-a-long-history-143587

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The fact that we have to rely on schools to teach this basic shit should be alarming. This shit should be taught at home. Modern parenting leaves a lot to be desired.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This society is waaay too ignorant for that. LOL

Especially the investing part.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

US History is actually taught the 3rd time in 11th grade typically. Many of the subjects are spiraled.

Now one is wanting to touch US History because they are scared of having to deal with Black history. History texts are whitewashed but now they have added in LGBQT.

The issue here is you have a generation of parents who were not taught basic shit.

I find it interesting that so many schools did away with vocational classes and now the big thing is CTE. I think it's a good thing, however, they are having teachers with no experience in the field teach the classes...not good.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In what grade they start talking about LGBQT?

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So I replaced one of my microchips while troubleshooting a circuit that I built and the display screen starting dancing and I'm thinking holy shit this chip is really fried. After I let it sit for two minutes it settles without any issues. Come to find out the guy that programmed the chip just did that to fuck with us.

What an asshole. LOL

10. meowkittenmeow

I’m not sure a display would post anything if it was actually fried.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It was an emotional reaction because I'm building things without a lab like MacGyver.

Thank you Covid

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Oh I thought the chip was fried not the display

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Either way I was in my feels.

Got me good.

Fuck that dude. LOL

14. meowkittenmeow

I once thought I fried a MOBO. I was hurt, lol. I just had to adjust things and do a few tricks and it was working just fine, but while I thought it was fried, it felt like the end of the world, lol.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Kindergarten in California (several other states too)

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Hey what's up just living through this pandemic shit like everyone else. Working on my podcast. Reading a lot more. Trying to figure out my next moves. Thankfully still employed as of today but the layoffs have started so everyone is nervous af.
    How is everyone else doing?

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think that's too young. At that age I had "girlfriends" that I flirted with and was attracted to that attended my birthday parties but it wasn't anything sexual.

No need for me to be really concerned with it tho, the best a kid can hope for now days is to be lucky enough to get a good teacher that cares.
    The majority of people in this country hopelessly frame everything in terms of politics or religion while the elite dominate with ease.

It is what it is and won't change anytime soon. I'll just make sure that they won't make it a problem for me again.

18. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Girlfriends you flirted with? Isn’t it a bit young for that? My sons have female friends. They play together just like they would with boys. Cycling together, hide and seek, ball, or whatever they come up with. Nothing gender specific about opposite sex friends at that age.

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

That’s too early imo.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No flirting wasn't sexual back then. They were obviously attracted to me because they paid more attention to me than the teacher and attended my parties even though we didn't live near one another.

I was attracted to them but it wasn't sexual, I didn't want a kiss, the attention was enough.

The only boys that came to my parties was family and the ones that lived near me or my grandmother.