The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Okay, Kristen Wiig is selling me as Barbara Minerva aka Cheetah. And she looks pretty sexy. lol.

3. darkcurry

Usually longer trailers give too much away but they did a good job of not doing that here.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And this is why Warner Brothers should have from the start just focused on individual character films (other than Batman) to build their live action comic brand rather than trying to copy what the MCU did.

5. darkcurry

The cast for James Gunn's The Suicide Squad announced at #DCFandome

John Cena: PEACEMAKER
    Idris Elba: BLOODSPORT
    Pete Davidson: BLACKGUARD
    Nathan Fillion: TDK
    Michael Rooker: SAVANT
    Flula Borg: JAVELIN David
    Dastmalchian: POLKA-DOT MAN
    Daniela Mechior: RATCATCHER 2
    Steve Agee: KING SHARK
    Mayling Ng: MONGAL
    Pete Capadli: THINKER
    Alice Braga: SOLSORIA
    Sean Gunn: WEASEL
    Viola Davis: AMANDA WALLER
    Margot Robbie: HARLEY QUINN
    Joel Kinnaman: RICK FLAG

6. darkcurry

Pretty cool way to introduce a cast.

7. SilverSmith

Zack Snyder fielded questions from fans at DC FanDome today and revealed the first trailer for The Snyder Cut of Justice League.

8. SilverSmith

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

For all ya'll that are in that bat-cult.....

10. SilverSmith

DC Confirms the Return of Milestone to Comics in 2021

Fans tuning in to the DC FanDome Hall of Heroes received unexpected and welcome news today, courtesy of a surprise panel announcing the return of Milestone to DC publishing.

Moderator Marc Bernardin and DC Publisher and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee were joined by Milestone partner/producer Reggie Hudlin and Milestone co-founder Denys Cowan, along with Phil LaMarr, the iconic voice of the Static Shock animated series.

The panelists discussed the origins and history of this groundbreaking imprint, the indelible impact and legacy of Milestone co-founder, Dwayne McDuffie. Hudlin also discussed plans to create multimedia opportunities spotlighting Milestone characters, including feature films, animated movies and podcasts

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/2ErLsHk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is great and all but that artwork looks terrible, is DC saving money on Milestone by contracting penciling duties out to 9th-grade art students?

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's Denys Cowan's art, one of the original founders & the designer of the characters. Dude is getting up there in age so his art isn't going to be on the level that it was when he was in his prime. I doubt that he'll be doing any full on books when any of the Milestone stuff comes out.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider with that Denys Cowan Milestone promo art is that it looks as someone else did the inking on it rather than Cowan himself. Both his pencil & ink/brush style is far more looser than in that promo. Or at least most of his older stuff usually is.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

That's the thing about comic artists with rough art styles, they really need an inker and colorist that can complement and fill out their style.

No disrespect to that brother's efforts in bringing more Black heroes to life but Personally, I really dislike that style of comic drawing, I like ultra clean styles like Oliver Coipel (also a brother)

[​IMG]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Like they say. Art is subjective. Cowan's art is usually compared to Bill Sienkiewicz who has inked & painted some of his earlier stuff. Dude has been around in the comics field since the late 70's/early 80's.

I take it that you don't do any creative endeavors like drawing, painting, writing or music?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you brought up my own artistic endeavors but I've had a sketchbook of my own drawings and designs since 1988 (I haven't drawn much in the last couple of years) now I mostly build things in 3d games and apps.

Look, I'm nowhere near a professional artist I'm sure this brother has styles and techniques that I could never use, but I don't care for this style of comic artwork, and for the record, I don't like Bill Sienkiewicz, Mike Mignola, Tim Sale or Frank Miller's styles.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I asked because most people who dabble in artistic endeavors (myself & others that I personally know) are their own worst critics when it comes to their work, specially if they don't do it professionally & don't like to put their work out for public comsumption. I was just curious is why I asked. It wasn't meant as a slight or that you should like the man's art. You're free to like or dislike who & whatever you want to.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's all good bro, at least this Brother has the confidence to put his artwork out there. I took one semester at an "art school" and when I realized how competitive and critical pro illustration work is I knew it wasn't for me.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I feel you. I have no formal art training whatsoever but I'm not really scared to put my stuff out there. Even on the rare occasions when I do put any of my stuff out there & people like it, all I see is all of the flaws in whatever I do because I lack that formal training. Same when I dabble with writing.