Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe so. I don't think you see what I see from a technical perspective. I don't think they are stupid, but I have a better idea just how much work that actually needs to be done there and it's a lot. Just working a regular 8 hour shift won't cut it.

But like I was saying tho, it's just a thought that I haven't fully looked into yet.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yeah well when I asked I actually meant just to travel. But all the same, if you want to do more than that, even better.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

To fix it all......

I would have to be in charge of a whole department that has two 12 hour shifts around the clock. A department with different teams on the same shift. Each team with their own projects and project managers. Engineers and experienced technicians. Or I could be one of the project managers for the right department head.

Not fun at all and only worth the effort if they want change. But I'm here for the right team.

If not I'll stick to the fun stuff.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Why try and set up a government controlled electric grid at all? The way the prices are falling on solar, wouldn't it make more sense to shoot for a whole new paradigm of electrifying homes? Individual solar kits that would maybe be subsidized by the government (or charity). Each home would have one. No connection to central grid necessary. That way, no political power could hold the grid ransom because there would be no grid. But, I'm just spitballing and I know nothing of electrical engineering or public planning. So, I'm sure I'm missing something.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I hear you and that may be the best way to go I'm just thinking out loud.

Earlier I mentioned the possibility of giving them free electricity so options like that would be considered first.

With solar panels I would have to know more about the construction of their homes, that's why I didn't go into that. Individual panels may not be the best way to go about the solar power. I don't know if their buildings are up to standard for individual panels. We are talking about people that are living in poverty.

Your question is 100% applicable tho.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Why have them on the roof at all? I was thinking it'd be a separate structure. That way a family could add on and improve their home as needed without having to worry about the panels adding weight. Maybe, make the solar kits modular?.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

May be a good Idea but poor people have poor environments. Someone could easily steal that stuff. Even worse they may have gangs that are organized to hold things hostage over poor people like that dude in Somalia. That guy has taking all the food and using hunger as a weapon.

Possibly a great idea but I would have to know more about the country and specific areas.

For them to be a poor country you have to worry about government and common thieves.

Definitely not saying its a bad idea, but we have to know more. If crack heads are amazing with their capabilities to steal, just imagine how good thieves are in a poor country.

I like how you are thinking and coming up with possible solutions. I'm gonna have to play devils advocate because we need more info but keep the ideas coming.

Unfortunately for this problem we have to think about other factors other than just engineering.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We need an Autobahn. It couldn't hurt the auto industry. I don't get it. All the money this country has and we can't have a little fun? It goes back to making laws against human nature. It's natural to want to hit that gas pedal, so why the stick up the ass laws against it?

If this was not human nature we would govern the cars to never pass 70mph. We won't do that because people will stop buying cars.
    So we know this is human nature and instead of embracing it we do the exact opposite.

If I was president I would accept people for who you are, for better or worse. Trust me it would be better that way overall. Not that I want the job but somebody has got to have some balls and common sense.

We govern ourselves yet we have these stupid laws as if an alien is holding us hostage.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nevermind I forgot religion tells you that something is wrong with your natural desires. lol

That's not really you but a red man with a pitch fork on your shoulder giving you these ideas.

10. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Interesting. I read an article about Bill and Melinda Gates foundation trying to make sanitation available for underdeveloped areas of the world where is it not available due to lack of electricity. People are drinking their own sewage. They did pay CA Institute of Tech a prize for a solar powered toilet that generated electricity. So your brains could surely help where the govt can't/won't.

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I could get with that. We also need true high speed rail. Creating the interstate highway system was obviously needed and great idea. However, we're more than a half century past that and far past due to up the ante. I think the rail situation is beyond sad. So much of the country is not served by Amtrak, and it's insane that in most cases they barely exceed 90 mph in so many areas. Also insane to have passenger trains sharing tracks with freight trains. Europe and Japan are truly light years ahead.

Sadly, we live in a country that barely wants to maintain it's existing infrastructure much less actually investing to improve it.

12. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

They play politics with the infrastructure money so it will probably never happen. You have people like the Koch brothers killing transportation for their own greed.

13. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Totally horrible at how this country throws money at the military and tax cuts, but let bridges crumble, schools fall apart, while bitching about extremely modest raises for the already grossly underpaid teachers.

Too many would complain that it's too expensive, not to mention the special interests. Any serious attempt at a continental high speed rail network would send airline lobbyists into overdrive to with all sorts of BS "reasoning" when the truth is they're looking to block any legit competition and continue their greed.

We're ass-backward in many ways.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The tech is brilliant. There are also other models designed by other universities and they have some of the systems in use at a few schools in India, China and South Africa. Due to the cost they won't be used in individual homes for now, just for community bathroom areas. I wasn't aware these toilet systems existed. The latest info I found on it was an article written at the end of 2018.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-wants-world-to-move-past-flush-toilets-2018-11

A video explanation of the tech if anyone is curious.

15. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Took my sons to Mexico in March. I had a fucking blast!

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm 6'2 would stand out too much for one. Glad you liked it.

17. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Thanks

Bruh we was in the slums and red light district. Walked the streets as if we lived there. I was rocking my Ravens gear heavy per usual. Nobody bothered us, in fact they were super welcoming and friendly. I made a variety of friends in a matter of a few hours and I don't speak a lick of Spanish.

Visit some day, you'll love it.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You're crazy if you were in Tijuana.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The Lowdown: The quintessential Red Light district for Californians, Tijuana has cleaned up it's act over the years, but still maintains its status as the premier “foreign” destination for debauchery and a pseudo right of passage for many a frat boy. Just a 30-minute drive from San Diego, given its history and proximity to Mexico’s drug cartels, Zona Norte is easily the most dangerous Red Light district on this list and possibly in the world. Exercise caution if you're keen on visiting one of the famous donkey shows as the Mexican government is known for it's corrupt treatment of foreigners.

Legality: Prostitution in Mexico is decriminalized and regulated by each state. Brothel ownership and pimping are illegal. Drugs are also illegal. Corruption and drug trafficking are abound.
    https://www.iexplore.com/experiences/weird-wacky/Worlds-Best-Red-Light-Districts

If you're scared to come to Florida but will go to Tijuana, all I have to say is.......

LOL

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How did we become so backwards?

For one thing I wish everyone knew that the "founding fathers" were DEISTS. The right wing Bible thumpers need to be educated out of existence.

How did they come to the Bible thumping conclusion? Fake news much?

The false patriotism is founded on pure ignorance and stupidity.