The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't really like this theory, saying that mutants were there the whole time kind of undermines the stakes from the previous MCU movies, if they were always there it makes them less heroic that they stood by while villains like Loki, Ultron and especially Thanos attacked the world.

I'm kind of partial to the idea of a separate universe (containing, The X-Men, The Fantastic Four, and Namor) folding into the established MCU.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Ninja Simulator

PlayWay and developer RockGame have announced their new action-adventure stealth game Ninja Simulator. With Ninja Simulator players can take the role of one of these legendary Japanese mercenaries and take part in a range of stealth based missions such as espionage and assassinations that will strengthen or completely overthrow rival clans and change the course of history.

The game will be coming to Steam for PC with a release date to be announced at a later time.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/06/stealthy-action-game-ninja-simulator-announced-for-pc/

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is this the end of Origin?

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

But why would or should mutants automatically be viewed as "heroic" & why would they have helped against Thanos? The theory is playing off the conceit that has always existed in the X-Men subuniverse (and Marvel Universe as a whole) that they are hated & fear for being beyond human. Makes sense that they would remain hidden (similar to how the Inhumans for the longest time remained hidden or Atlantis for the longest time outside of Namor's solo attacks against humanity in the earlier Marvel days was view as a myth) if there was a way to hide/protect them from baseline humans. The X-Men as a team only exist because Xavier wants to prove that mutants are not a threat to the rest of humanity, so them revealing them selves now would make sense considering the heroes that were already around didn't know about the full exent of Thanos' plan until Banner "showed" up. Wakanda (hidden civilization) only got involved because Cap came to them for help against Thanos' army.

We'll see how it goes as far as how mutants get rolled out in the MCU. As long as it makes sense overall, I'm good with however they do it.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I understand your viewpoint, I just think the "they've always been here" theory isn't particularly interesting and it introduces the X-Men as lesser heroes than their Avengers counterparts. And personally, it triggers one of my comic book pet peeves, I never liked it when I used to read a comic book that featured a world-ending threat from a villain or situation that another hero (who isn't in the current book) would be able to defeat or overcome with ease. The squad on Titan during Infinity War almost beat Thanos using Mantis' rudimentary mental powers just imagine what Prof X or Jean Grey could have done to him?

The only way I'd be ok with this theory is if they say that mutants were around the whole time but being kept secret was out of their control. If some other malevolent force or organization kept them under lock and key. Maybe an ultra-secret government cabal, or Mr. Sinister or the villains from the upcoming Eternals movie have been keeping them a secret in order to manipulate them or use them as a weapon in the future.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

We're literally watching them build an 80+ year old comic book universe from scratch for modern day cinema audiences. There are literally going to be a lot of hidden characters & groups being introduced during this next Marvel Movie Phase. They've been slipping in bits and pieces about various characters & places from the start. Although it clearly wasn't planned from the start, Fury himself references the existence of mutants in the MCU in his famous Iron Man end credit scene, so they can possible use the explanation of mutants being around from the start. And as you say who's to say that they don't reveal the world governments or some clandestine cabal of villains have been keeping the existence of mutants secret for decades. It definitely would play to the history of Wolverine on various levels if they decide to use him as the intro point for mutants in the MCU.

Plus most of the conversations surrounding crossovers/team-ups against a world level big bad is fan theory/fan service wish fulfillment anyway. If/when they even do it, it's quite a few years down the road. They could go a different direction depending on the reception of the next few phases.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

DC Comics Announces That It Has Officially Severed Ties With Diamond Distributors

[​IMG]

After doing business with them for 25 years, DC Comics has announced that it has officially cut ties with Diamond Distributors.

Back in March, Diamond, the distributor for Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, Boom! Studios and Dynamite, informed publishers that it will no longer be accepting new product at its warehouses, and all shipping to retailers would cease from April 1. Considering the company is the largest distributor of English-language comics and graphic novels in the world, this announcement effectively shut down the comic book industry.

Now, DC has made the decision to end its long-standing relationship with Diamond, informing customers that all orders for DC product will be fulfilled by Lunar Distribution and UCS Comic Distributors for periodical releases, and Penguin Random House for graphic novels and collected editions starting later this month.

“We recognize that, to many of you, this may seem like a momentous decision," a DC spokesperson said in a statement via THR. "However, we can assure you that this change in DC's distribution plans has not been made lightly and follows a long period of thought and consideration. The change of direction is in line with DC's overall strategic vision intended to improve the health of, and strengthen, the Direct Market as well as grow the number of fans who read comics worldwide.”

“In the near term, Diamond will only be fulfilling orders placed through June 1 Final Order Cut-Off and will not solicit the sale of new DC titles further. To ensure a smooth transition for retailers, DC will suspend Final Order Cut-Off for June 8, making those books available to order on Final Order Cut-Off on June 15.”

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

9. SilverSmith

Not so fast. You'll still have to download the Origin launcher in order to play EA games purchased on Stream.

10. SilverSmith

11. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

My faith in Victor Stone x Rita Farr is stronger, you all think it will happen? Doom Patrol Season 2 trailer:

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I've wanted this for a while. Though, my pick for the character has always been Delroy Lindo. There was a show on FOX a while back called the Chicago Code. Ever since seeing him in that, I thought he'd make a great Lex Luthor. Though, I understand why the CW would cast younger.

I probably won't be watching. I'm tired of their approach to superhero shows.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm also looking for them to cast an actual wheelchair bound actor as Professor X.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Delroy is one of my favorites. Very underrated. Kinda like Tom Sizemore is as a white actor.

16. meowkittenmeow

Same.

17. meowkittenmeow

Tom Sizemore is white?

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

His skin fits the complexion. In this magical world of brick brains he is viewed as a race called "white." So yeah.

19. meowkittenmeow

I was joking

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It's all good. That's the only answer I had. lol

I just don't like the fact that I have to speak in terms of magic just to communicate with people but it is what it is.