Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

What brand of elderberry supplements you using?

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like this one because it has the Zinc and vitamin C with it. Get you a vitamin D supplement too if you don't already take a multivitamin. btw this tastes good so it's tempting to take too much.
    20200530_181705[1].jpg

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Get you some probiotics too. That with a good diet is your foundation. I prefer to get mine via non-dairy, like some of the ginger drinks out there that has it.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I forgot one more thing. If you get sick with covid stop taking the elderberry.

The way the elderberry works will be good to only help you fight the early stages of the disease and help you keep it from progressing to the later stages. It will be counter productive to keep taking it. Take it to only help your body prepare. And I'm saying this only for covid 19 particularly. Let me know if you want the long winded explanation.

5. ColiBreh1

All of the Elderberry supplements that include Zinc & Vitamin C that I've seen on Amazon & Walmart's website all include added sugar. So I'm avoiding those.

This is the Elderberry supplements I currently have in my Amazon cart: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HZ4DSVN/

It seems to be the best value on Amazon.

I'm also got this Zinc supplement in my cart: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0098U0QC0/

It's the highest rated zinc supplement on labdoor.com

Been thinking of upgrading my multivitamins to another brand that includes a probiotics blend, so I'll have that covered.
    Go ahead.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm gonna start with the foundation first.
    About 70% of your immune system is in your gut with your flora.(composition of bacteria) There is never an empty void in your gut. Either you are going to have a good flora(mostly good bacteria), or an unhealthy one(too much bad bacteria). You need the healthy bacteria there to eat any bad bacteria that shows up. If you don't have enough good bacteria there, bad bacteria automatically replaces it. The problem with that is it places a burden on your immune system because it has to keep fighting the bad bacteria off. In that case your immune system will never be at full capacity to fight something like the coronavirus.

Once you clean your gut out like do a detox, get your probiotics and eat clean. Most fruits and vegetables have some fibers that your body don't digest, that's what your good bacteria eats. When you eat trash food you are feeding the bad bacteria. That's why they say a bad diet feeds disease, that is literally true. Eating greasy trash food is a no go. I won't even drink liquor while this pandemic is on, it might kill too much good bacteria. So "prebiotics" or plenty of veggies will feed your good bacteria(oatmeal too, mushrooms is really good food for good bacteria)

On to Elderberry:
    Elderberry has compounds that help make your cells harder for viruses to penetrate. Also it's high in antioxidants. Antioxidants help to protect your immune cells from damage. With the coronavirus, you aren't going to have any antibodies for it, so your body is going to have to fight this disease with inflammation. It creates a scenario like war when civilians are killed, therefore you need the antioxidants that are in veggies and elderberry to minimize damage and help protect your immune cells as well as others. Here is the thing, elderberry also causes your body to produce cytokines. They are proteins that the immune cells use for communication. It basically tells them to get ready for WAR. That is a good thing, it's just that with this new coronavirus they are seeing two phases of the disease. The people that stay sick long enough to cross over to the last phase are at risk for a cytokine storm. That's basically when the immune system is overactive either after it won or some other kind of way. It starts attacking good cells. That's how a significant amount of people are actually dying from this particular disease.

This also happens in other diseases and there is no evidence that elderberry has ever contributed to a cytokine storm and it's been around for a very long time. It's just that when you have a high number of cases of cytokine storms you want to just play it on the safe side. Covid 19 starts off with minor symptoms like a cold in the first phase, gives you more than enough time to stop taking elderberry and to have reaped the benefits of using it.

A tumeric supplement high in curcumin can regulate your immune system and quell a cytokine storm. It's just that the way it works is a bit foggy to me at this point. I have some and I will only consider taking it if I thought I was actually having a cytokine storm because I know it's good to help with that but I don't understand how it could help outside of that for this virus. It's a medicinal spice, I just don't really understand it yet myself.

University of Arizona reference here. It is a public research University with a medical school. Let me know if you have any questions
    https://integrativemedicine.arizona.edu/COVID19/FAQ.html

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

There isn't any freedom being lost here at a big level. People just don't want the american population to die. All of this is new. The medical field is trying to do the best that it can to deal with this. There is a heavy concern that that covid could be as bad if not worst than the spanish flu which infected 1/3 of the population and killed off at least 50 million. We didn't have the speed to move people from place to place that we have now so it can easily become worse. Honestly, had the president shut down plane industry down....maybe it would have been better but how do you do that and convince the american people without proof of how bad it could get. Now we know. I'm not sure why you chose to call this wuhan. We know the name of the virus. The strain is from there but that virus is from Europe.

8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If you're trying to find out if you've had COVID-19, there is no reliable test available. Don't let anyone tell you any different. These antibody tests have a horrible track record. They were rushed to market for political purposes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

Several COVID-19 antibody tests have been FDA-approved, but their are hundreds on the market that haven't. So who knows if you're local Doctor's office, Urgent Care clinic, or etc. has an FDA-approved antibody test or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

So basically Elderberry should only looked at as preventive measure against COVID-19, not a treatment.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly

12. samson1701

The problem, even with the FDA approved antibody tests, are they can detect the common cold (which is also a Coronavirus) and come back as positive when you have, in fact, never been exposed to COVID-19. The odds of that happening are fairly high. So, you could be walking around thinking you've had it and actually become infected because you weren't following CDC guidelines under the false pretence of a positive test result.

13. ColiBreh1

Do you have a link to a article that mentions that some COVID-19 antibody tests confuses COVID-19 with the other cornaviruses that only cause the common cold?

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It will detect if you currently have a cold?

Is that the only issue you know with it? If so I might be good. My last cold was back in 2016. They are rare for me.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not a lot of hope for a vaccine because there has never been a sucessful coronavirus vaccine before. People saying they aren't going to accept a vaccine when there may not be an option for one in the first place.

This explanation is pretty wild here:
    We've never made a successful vaccine for a coronavirus before. This is why it's so difficult
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-04-17/coronavirus-vaccine-ian-frazer/12146616

16. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

No it may detect antibodies for other similar coronavirus infections.
    I have heard that also, the tests can produce false positives.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That makes more sense but it also means the test is pretty much useless.

There doesn't seem like much can be done about coronaviruses so I'm just gonna focus on learning more about natural medicines. I find the history behind them interesting anyway.

18. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I knew about this. The one benefit being that there is extreme interest in funding all of this throughout the world, which is very uncommon when people are attempting to create a vaccine. So,it will be a couple of years or more, but shorter in comparison to other vaccines. Lol, I remember being stationed in Korea during SARS, as I've mentioned before... Wild times, man. How are things in your neck of the woods?

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

20. samson1701

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html
    https://www.webmd.com/lung/antibody-testing-covid-19#2

We're a ways out before we can fully and consistantly trust antibody results. Though, taking two tests may be able to give you a more confident answer.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ch-to-antibody-testing-could-improve-accuracy

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020