Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

K ...not you...that is why I didn't quote you,

I read something else and likely you did too. It's in the news and complaining and pointing out that someone threw a brick through a window doesn't excuse nor takeaway from killing a man unjustly.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I get what you're saying, JC. It's the typical media distraction tactic.

[​IMG]

3. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to focus on the root cause of the protests (George Floyd's unjust death at the hands of a white police officer) when the news ONLY shows footage after footage after footage of assholes destroying businesses and stealing cash registers, etc. in other cities that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the root cause. It's hard to keep focus when you're bombarded with those images. Last night, my daughter and I tried to watch game shows that were on ABC. We saw about 20 minutes of the first show and the remaining 2 1/2 hours was spent seeing images of looting and clashing between protesters and police officers".

On a related note, I live in a suburb of Chicago, nowhere near where the riots are, yet my retail store closed and boarded up their doors last night at 5 and then I just tried to go there for my 4:30 shift to discover it was boarded up again.

This has NEVER happened in previous riots, etc.

This whole thing is getting out of hand and the rioters and looters are destroying the narrative.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

"I have to protest my right to not be killed"

Black man

5. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Your quote says it all!

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't know what happened but there is this video of a guy with a sword that got beat to what it looks like death by a crowd. His body was folded and unresponsive in the middle of the street and a guy kept saying "don't touch him" as if he is dead already.

7. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I went and looked. He does look dead.

Did he fall on his sword? No pun intended.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't think he did.

9. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. I've just been staying in, finally finished my new computer build, and I've been stocked up on necessities for a while. Things will either work out or they won't. All I can do is continue to keep my distance and live my life.

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Sure is.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not a lot going on here which is fine, impossible to get bored, I can always explore another area of physics long before it comes to that. There are so many areas of it. The more you know the more fun you can have with your toys. People recently started dining in again at the local restaurants. Some of the bars have light crowds. I'll at least wait till after summer to get that comfortable.

The rain went away for a few days now it appears to be back. I just hope I can dodge it for a good run today.

12. meowkittenmeow

It's raining off and on here. I just finished my computer, so I am having fun with that. Everything is calm here. Check out Doug Demuro on youtube. I think you'll enjoy his channel.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Mr “... quirks and features ...” ...lol

Did you see Hoovies impersonation of Demuro? ...lol

14. meowkittenmeow

Hoovies? I don’t know what that is, but I am going to google it now, lol!!!

15. samson1701

You guys should also check out Rich Rebuilds. He's a brother who rebuilds Teslas and other EV's.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  16. meowkittenmeow

I follow Rich. Couldn’t find the impersonation video. Do you have a link?

17. samson1701

Yeah, that's it in my reply. The "I Took My Pimp My Ride ..." video in my post. Is it not visible to you?

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

These dudes wild af lol. I spent more than an hour in an Atlanta project only once not sure if it was this one, I remember the cops being posted out there in fairly large groups and being told it's like that all the time. Guys were just trading insults with the cops walking by like it was normal. With that said this video is wild, gotta wonder where the cops are at. Then again this might not even be the projects.
    https://twitter.com/mymixtapez/stat...8ktIlZNryRNOND8FZXbjCyhNzLk0IUISTHPPkaNAREhxw

19. meowkittenmeow

It wasn’t for some reason. I have it now, thanks.

20. meowkittenmeow

That shit was hilarious!!! Had on 3 t-shirts (all that was missing were the cargo shorts). Someone called that sound he made a “dougasm”, lol.