Random Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Sports' started by goodlove, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Wishing there were some sports happening. Can't come back soon enough (but safely).

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn! Drew Brees coming in with a stupid take at the wrong time.

"Disrespecting the flag" was always a straw-man argument (only people with hardheads and right-wing agendas still cling to that BS) but right now, with all that is going on.....it's just ridiculous and callus.

Some reactions:

5. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Brees fuckin up. I was a fan of his up to this point. I’m tired of people trying to go back to the “flag” and “disrespecting the military”. 13 year vet here and I never felt disrespected. Kaep should of never had to leave but narrow minded people had to have their way. Well look at America now. Brees usually a smart dude but right now... fuckin idiot.

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-06-04-05-35-16(1).jpg

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Proudly don't even know who this guy is.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about Mike Tyson coming back?

9. DudeNY12

Is he really? I saw a small blurb of sorts recently but I didn't read it. One last chance at making a pile of money???

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Apparently Tyson Fury is a fan of Mike Tyson and agreed to fight him. There are no confirmations yet but you know how it goes when it comes to the cash. If they think enough people will watch, it's likely to happen.

Mike looks like he is in great shape now and might just be feeling himself. Also I think some of his self worth may be tied into the sport. One article I read was saying how he was sort of feeling worthless because he wasn't fighting anymore.

Tyson Fury seems to be acting as if a bout with Mike Tyson would be a dream come true.

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

As long as it's not a PPV event I'll still watch Mike Tyson fight.

He's actually one of the last remaining iconic characters from the 20th century and although he's not perfect however we might as well appreciate him while we still have him around.

Every time I hear Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight" and that iconic drum sequence occurs during the song, who's the first person I think of while I chuckle to myself?

You guessed it. Mike Tyson.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I like that jam too.

I'll probably watch it at a bar. I'm a Mike Tyson fan, I just think he is making a mistake stepping into the ring at that age. It would be wild af if he won tho. To me the biggest disappointment is when Tyson lost to Lewis. I knew it was downhill from there.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You don't follow the NFL?

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Not even an iota. If it were up to me that whole institution would be gasping for air like an abandoned mouth breather on the moon.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Oh...ok.

17. DudeNY12

Yup! No doubt it was all about pushing their own agenda in the lame attempts to (1) avoid/deny the issue(s), and silence those with a platform. After all.. Would they really care if the player is on their own time or not, and my favorite... They should protest from home. Sure, that's effective.

In regard to Brees. Now that he's apologized... No doubt that he was "helped" to sudden enlightening. I heard that there's a pic out there that was Tweeted by TO showing Brees and family posing proudly with Trump.

Yes, I did see that Tyson is looking to be in great shape., but I really think it's unwise to be in a ring at his age.

I'd definitely watch too (but not PPV).

18. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

19. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member