Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Nice, I didn’t know you were a teacher K. What grade you teach?

2. K

K Well-Known Member

I teach TK-12 and I have students in every grade on my roster other than 9th grade and 12th grade right now (My senior graduated in Jan).

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're a great teacher. They are lucky to have you.

4. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Cool. Do you teach online like they do in K12? My daughter had to do that one year when we lived in VA. With Covid going on she’s back to doing it again online.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

Thanks hon!

6. K

K Well-Known Member

No, I teach for a public charter school that focuses on homeschooling and independent study. One of our vendors is K12, I don't care for it. I had a student on it for about 3 weeks because the parent demanded (parents are able to choose the programs, curriculum, and materials for their children in our schools). The crap they are doing right now for most schools (COVID 19) is far from homeschooling. We offer much more than they are doing and we don't have kids parked at a computer.

It's a late in life career change.

7. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

wasn’t a big fan of K12 at all. It felt like she was just getting pushed along instead of actually being challenged at anything. The stuff they were teaching at her grade level she already knew for the most part (my baby girl is smart as hell). The stuff she’s doing now looks pretty slapped together which is kinda understandable I guess.

What were you doing before you were teaching? You said it was a late career change. If you don’t mind me asking.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

I owned a couple of small businesses I closed last June when I took the contract with the school and went back to school for my credential. Good thing too because I would have been forced to close at this point with COVID. Much better to shut down on my own and get a consistent paycheck. Although, now there is a huge demand for things I used to do and the pay looks rather attractive. I love what I'm doing though. I would never want to teach in a traditional classroom. This is a perfect fit for me. I homeschooled my own kids for many years (still am).

9. K

K Well-Known Member

10. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

That’s great! I’m sure you’re an awesome teacher. Good thing you made the transition when you did with Covid hitting.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

You could have just explained your statement with the exact same effort as the paragraph you just wrote.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Lol, I do as I please. It’s a joke, but I guess you’re the only one that didn’t get it.

trying to scold me in two threads? yeah ok, lol. I’m done with it, bruh.

14. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

You're typing dumb shit in two threads. LOL.

15. meowkittenmeow

I hope that whatever you are going through gets worked out. Literally everyone else got the joke (to include the person who I made the joke for). I understand that this is a difficult time for everyone and the nation. But, I would really appreciate it if you would work out your frustrations on someone else. If you simply cannot at the ripe old age of 50 something, then I will understand and you can continue to take out your stress on my posts. However, I am no longer interested in the back and forth with you, so I will stop replying, after this, until you have something relevant to address. I wish you good health, and hope all is well. Feel free to take the last word if you need it.

16. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

LOL
    My mum is a Yoga teacher, she doesn’t care about such superficial stuff;-)
    My dad was happy, I think. :D

17. meowkittenmeow

After all of those years of rucking, running, and beating the shit out myself in the army, I just found out that I’m now 5’10.5”, previously 5’11.5”. Lol, lost in inch on my vertebrae and knees I guess. Good ole height loss (I think some of it has to do with my herniated disc). Now I am truly one of the “short guys”.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Still slightly above average my short friend. I still stand at 5'11 but ain't gonna lie as I get older I get worried about shrinking too lol

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, that’s tall enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Moving this convo over here:

Growing up, my Mom never made casseroles, so I don't eat them either. I cannot stand mayo. So, no rump roast for you? LOL.