Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Thanks, for as much as it gets my anxiety up having to go out in public, I at least am around the same small group of people (and the stores I go to aren't particularly heavily trafficked.) The people I hold one up for are the nurses and doctors. Also the poor grocery store workers, I bet they never imagined they would be on the front lines of a war against a tiny little villain.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yeah I was getting anxiety attacks about my husband hanging around all that Corona in the hospital when the whole thing started. Especially when they showed nurses and docs dying in Italy. It’s been going on for a while and no Corona in the house, so I’m feeling a bit better now. The whole thing is just a mess. I feel for everyone who has to keep going to work right now. Keep dodging the Corona very well!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  3. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I just talked to my friend out on that ship. He tested negative thank god. He still has to be quarantined in Guam but I don’t feel too bad for him. Chillin in a damn Marriott getting room service, lol. Still tho, I’m glad my buddy is safe.

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Have they been allowed off the ship now?

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I wonder if that beach is open. No damn way I could be there and not go on that beach.

6. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

They evacuated about 2000 or so people off so far. Still in the process of doing it. From what I herd they gonna wait it out and hop right back on once everyone is cleared.

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I also work with a small group of people, which makes me feel a little better. I do worry about my son and the other workers who aren't so fortunate. It's hard not to worry about them all.

I'm glad to hear your friend is safe. I hope the relative who I'd heard was also on the ship is okay. I haven't heard any updates on him yet.

8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I get the sense that we're lobsters in the pot and it's not that hot yet, but it will be.

9. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...-sailor-dies-from-the-coronavirus?context=amp

USS Theodore Roosevelt Sailor Dies From the Coronavirus
    The death is the first among the crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, which was stricken with COVID-19 and is currently docked in Guam.

A sailor assigned to the USS Theodore Roosevelt died Monday from the coronavirus, the Navy said, the first death of a crew member serving on the aircraft carrier currently docked in Guam.

The Navy released few details about the sailor, who tested positive for the virus on March 30 and had been placed into isolation on Guam with four other sailors. The sailor was found unresponsive Thursday morning, after being moved into an intensive care unit.

Military officials last week revealed another sailor had also been hospitalized. At least 585 sailors on board have tested positive for the virus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19.

Senior Pentagon officials initially downplayed the effect of the virus on the ship's crew when it first sailed to Guam at the end of March for previously scheduled maintenance, saying that none had been hospitalized.

It’s a damn shame. Hope his/her family is getting help through this tough time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virgi...tQd2J_a8emJZfdgfcHn01TIJVuEcz3Ap86o1jq2am9k0k

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. K

K Well-Known Member

Hey ...how are you???

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Hey! I'm doing alright. I'm still at work so I'm not going crazy from quarantine. How you been?

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's been happening slowly over the years but not fast enough.

Enter the Wuhan Flu.

There have now been so many abuses towards civil liberties, freedom of speech, freedom of movement, freedom of choice, to name a few.

The list is long and worthy of examination.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Consider that all forms of protest have been completely eliminated indefinitely. By swift order
    of the Government.

Consider that The People were never consulted. Just ordered. No vote, no public discussions, no explanation of the arbitrary shut down of commerce, businesses, and freedom of movement, even solitary movement.

A man in country New South Wales has been fined $1,000 simply for taking a morning walk.
    (Despite "being allowed" to exercise) (gee, thanks for allowing exercise, dear Goverment)

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coro...LuDVxeyp-mznFY_erGI-t95MDeOSfjdMow8Mims7QDWPk

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

^ ^ ^ v v v

The NSW Police Force confirmed in a statement officers from the Chifley police district were patrolling the area at 8 am on Wednesday 'when they sighted a man walking along the footpath'. :oops:
    [​IMG]

Queensland Council for Civil Liberties president Michael Cope, a solicitor, said:

"The public would stop respecting the police if they arbitrarily imposed fines on people who didn't appear to have breached COVID-19 ministerial directives."

'If they start applying these laws in an arbitrary or an unfair fashion, they are going to lose the trust of the community and they are going to lose the consent to police these laws... "

'The whole thing is going to break down with appalling consequences.'

"Until each state's police commissioners properly explained how the COVID-19 rules would be applied, police were set to abuse their powers.

'This is the problem, this is the issue,' ....

'When you give people extraordinary powers then you run the risk that they will abuse those powers - we need to be very careful. If the police are going to abuse these powers, the result could be a disaster.'

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In Italy:
    Italian residents must now carry an "auto-certification" form to leave their homes, with the only valid reasons for going outside being to fulfil essential work requirements, for health needs, or for other strict necessities.

Those found guilty face a three-month prison sentence or a fine of 206 euros ($230).

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

A proper vaccine can take up to two years!

FLORIDA SURGEON GENERAL REMOVED FROM GOVERNOR DESANTIS' CORONAVIRUS BRIEFING AFTER SAYING SOCIAL DISTANCING NECESSARY UNTIL THERE'S A VACCINE

When asked how soon he expects a vaccine to emerge, Rivkees responds,

"Based on what has been reported, probably a year if not longer is what some individuals have talked about."

http://www.newsweek.com/florida-sur...onavirus-briefing-after-saying-social-1497629

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

We simply haven't tested enough people to have a grip on COVID19.

Trump keeps saying the USA has tested more people than South Korea, but leaves out the little fact we've tested the fewest people per capita than almost any nation in the world.

You want to get a grip on this virus and how it should be combated?? Then we need to test at least 3-10 million Americans to construct a working model on how this virus is spreading and what parts of the country should be opened up.