Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

Plaquenil is hydrochloroquine - name brand.

My son just tried to refill it because he should be able to today and it was blocked. He didn't get the typical notices that you get if you are ordering too early. He's going to try to call tomorrow. But given the reports about how many tablets were sent for trial earlier, I'm betting it's going to be a problem. He has 6 weeks, they are definitely making it quickly and in abundance, just hope there will be enough.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Most of the states seem to be letting the counties make the decisions about quarantine. That's definitely the case in here in Florida and North Carolina. When south Florida beaches shut down from Miami to Palm beach, people were still hanging out in Clearwater beach in Tampa for spring break (central Florida). About 6 students from the University of Tampa got the virus at that time. Then Central Florida finally shut down and closed everything.

Now they don't seem to be allowing gatherings like choir practice anywhere in the State of Florida. As far as other states it's really hard to tell since most are going by county. The following story is about the Pastor in Tampa FL.

Police arrest Florida pastor for holding church services despite stay-at-home order
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/florida-pastor-arrested-river-church/index.html

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. K

K Well-Known Member

It really depends. I'm in CA and we shut everything down (supposedly) as of the 18th. But there are still a lot of reckless people out there and they aren't taking it seriously enough. I don't think most people have ever seen anyone on a ventilator. Where I'm at people aren't getting pulled over or any of that. It's a weird thing, we are encouraged to go get take out food and groceries, but should stay home too.

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Tell the pastor Rom 13,1 ( Respect governing authorities.)

5. Madeleine

Really? And sent home with it?

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Pretty wild.

That could be why 45 calls himself "the chosen one."

7. Madeleine

Don’t want to hear any such complaints when docs and nurses are out there putting their lives in danger for them. Medical staff have died in Italy and Spain. People should sit down, stay at home and stop complaining. If they are bored at home they can sew some face masks for their local hospital.

8. Madeleine

Don’t know what 45 calls himself but what I mean is there’s no biblical ground for not respecting state laws, Pastor should know that.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

State laws used to be straight from the bible. Now they are mostly secular and a lot of believers over here want them to go back to being from the bible. Secular laws often conflict with the bible.

To me it sounds like a convenient verse for whoever is in power.

10. Madeleine

It’s not a convenient verse, except you interpret more into it than what is written. Having respect for laws and governing authorities is a common sense thing every citizen should learn. If we don’t agree with something we still have the option of taking it to court. You were in the army, as far as I understand respect for authority is important there as well, isn’t it. So I don’t see why it’s controversial for the bible to say comply with state authorities. It’s written for exactly such situations like what this pastor was doing in my opinion.

11. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Oh no, a lot of em I’m sure people close to em knew they were fools. Just didn’t know they could herd themselves together like that. Smh

12. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

What part of Cali you in? I’m in San Diego & I’ve seen a significant drop in people out and about during the week. The weekends tho people don’t seem to get it since they had to kick people off of beaches and other places. Of course I’m “essential personnel” so I still gotta take my chances going to work.

13. Madeleine

Lol. I didn’t want to have a long discussion about it either. I just said it as a side comment on this article you referenced about this pastor who refused to shut his church in spite of official lockdown. As a Christian, I didn’t agree with his approach.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm ok with discussing it.

I just didn't understand you making an example out of me being formerly in the Navy.

I'm quite ok with these types of discussions.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

I'm in the Sacramento area. There's a drop in people but not like when they show the pics of LA and the streets are empty.

Both Trump and Newsom are saying go out and get food to help small businesses (drive through, pick up, delivery) as well as other things.

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The FDA approved today hydroxychloroquine & chloroquine as treatment for COVID-19 for widespread use:

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Some people I know are saying that they know people who have already died from this shit.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"worry about the flu"
    said the dumbest people on earth

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sanitizing my hands with this stuff.
    It's cheap and it smells good. lol
    [​IMG]

20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Sanitizing" your insides too, I'll bet