Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I was in Korea in early 2013 when all the Interview movie/missile testing shit was popping off. Right when I was about to leave the army started mobilizing troops. I thought shit was about to get real.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's what's up. We shared a shop with the AO's at one point. That worked out well because it made it easier to coordinate our rnc tests, because you know you guys had to do your thing before we did that. Also whenever you guys were short a body or vice versa, we could lend you one of our guys or one of your guys could fill in for one of us on a rnc check. All depending on the workload.

3. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Yup, know all about that life. Did you work on F-18s? How long ago were you in?

4. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

It’s frustrating cuz I got kids and I go to their moms to see them everyday just about. Especially since they out of school. Now I’m worried I might mess around and get infected by accident and give it to them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yup F18's FTW!!

One of the reasons I got out was because I didn't want to permanently damage my hearing. I loved working on them but they loud af lol, and I didn't want to learn a bunch of different platforms. They didn't guarantee you the platform that you want.
    Depending on the system, sometimes we had to turn them loud ass engines just to troubleshoot because ground power wasn't enough to mimic what actually happens in the air.
    There were other reasons too. The main thing was the lack of balance. When your command is good things are really good but when the good people leave and transfer you could end up with a shitty command, then things become as bad as they were good. Being at work all day isn't cool when you are doing it because your command is inefficient.

The one command I was in wasn't the same command by the time I got out. My last CO was a good one tho he cleaned up the culture a bit and went against the grain. All of my CO's liked me. The last one gave me a personal award/recommendation letter. I was in many moons ago but I bet I can fix one of them things like right now with no problem. Especially the weapons system. Give me two guys, equipment and a schematic, I'll have it back up in no time.

Why do I miss safety wiring and installing that crotch rocket stick in the middle? I can't think of the name of it but I know what it does....lol
    [​IMG]
    Damn, just looking at it brings back memories I miss dissecting that beast of a cockpit.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Yea everything you’ve said about command experiences I gone through time and time again. Going through it now with my new command. It’s H-60s. Only been here about 6 months & all the people that know what the hell they’re doing are leaving soon. I kinda miss F-18s a little but only cuz the place I was at had us go all over the country. I’m stuck at one place here. Regardless of that the Navy’s been pretty good to me.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you want a career in management do your 20. You will get a good job when you get out and also have that retirement. You have plenty of time but try to get a degree using TA while you are in before you get out. Even if it's online school, a bachelor degree with 20 year military experience will land you a good job when you get out.

Personally management isn't for me. I'm a tech geek.

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

He fought it at home with antibiotics. He knew something was wrong. He begged his doc for a test and they put him off. He prescribed meds and told him to go home and self-quarantine.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's a risk for many of us. You may not be any more likely to carry it to them than if they or their moms are going to the store.

11. K

K Well-Known Member

So I'm REALLY hoping this is not true!

My son just sent me a buzzfeednews article (so not the best source)

The medication they are talking about MIGHT work (plaquenil) that's an RA medication, RA and Lupus (and probably others - the one that was originally a malaria drug), is in such high demand for the possibility of treating COVID 19 that some patients are getting notices that they will not be able to refill their scripts which can be very dangerous for them. Be clear, these are immunocompromised patients. Many of them have been on it for many years for autoimmune diseases. My son has been taking it for 16-17 years and it is one of the meds that has helped him to continue to live for those years. He has not received a notice, but he also has not tried to refill his script yet because he has a bit before he can. Me being the eternal optimist thinks this is probably a hoax, or they are increasing the supply at such a rate that when he runs out in about 5-6 weeks there will be enough that he will be able to get it again. Or maybe by some miracle there is something else he could use.

There are really tough decisions being made. I get that...hell, it's one of the reasons I don't work in health care administration anymore. I just don't think it's a good idea to take medication away from many people who we KNOW it is making a life and death difference for in order to maybe treat something we don't know will work.

Trump saying - hey what will it hurt to try it? Ok, I get that and I would want them to try anything possible if my loved one got it too. But not as a trial at the expense of others who we KNOW it is working for. They seem to leave this factor out of these conversations.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn. His doctor told him to self-quarantine but didn't test him. Dude needs a new doctor. I generally don't trust doctors much, stuff like that is exactly why. Also I don't like how doctors are quick to put people on high blood pressure medicine. Granted that it is needed sometimes but they be shotgunning with it. Sometimes they will tell the patient that it's only a small dose but they don't explain tolerance to them. Once your tolerance builds then he will have to switch it or up your dose, eventually leading to you being hooked on it. They fuck a lot of black men over like that.

I wonder if wealthy white dudes trust doctors when they have so many willing to just be script writers for oxy and percocet?

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That would be extremely unethical if true. Probably even criminal. This would even shock me. I'm doubting the validity of this right now.

I would think that he would have at least gotten a notice.

14. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

True. I’m just not a big fan of uncertainty but that’s life I guess.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

A lot of wealthy white dudes are getting those scripts.

16. K

K Well-Known Member

I hope your right and yah you would think it would be. However, if you don't think forms of this happen all the time on a much smaller scale and in different ways, you are delusional.

17. K

K Well-Known Member

Ah yes well the reality of life is that it's always uncertain. We just like to believe there is security and certainty. Anything can change at any given moment.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Smaller scales don't affect people to the point where it's blatantly obvious. It's not in the open until it affects larger groups. As long as the illusion is there everyone is ok with it. That's what the smaller scale does it keeps up the illusion.

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I would suggest your son get his refill as soon as possible. There are reports of doctors writing scripts for themselves and their family members in order to stockpile in the event of a need. (You don't even have to wonder about the amount of famous, elite and rich who have their own doctors to prescribe it for them.)

Side note: It's not that Plaquenil itself is a cure -- doctors with first-hand knowledge found using hydroxychloroquine combined with antibiotics served as a quick turn-around cure.
    So anyone falsely thinking they can just take Plaquenil will NOT be cured.

Another reason to see if your son can get his script filled ASAP, is Governor Cuomo has also ordered it as well, and what Cuomo wants, Cuomo gets...

Mar 22, 2020
    New York To Begin Clinical Trials For Coronavirus Treatment Tuesday, Cuomo Says
    Lisette Voytko
    [​IMG]
    Topline: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Sunday that drug trials to test coronavirus treatments will begin in the state Tuesday, after President Trump on Thursday said the Food and Drug Administration approved one of the drugs for clinical trials, as New York becomes the epicenter for the pandemic in the U.S.

The good news (not reported by the MSM), is that ten million doses of hydroxychloroquine has been donated by Israel to the U.S, so the supply will be re-upped, but I still wouldn't sit on it...
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/teva-...alaria-pills-with-potential-to-help-covid-19/