Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Surgeon General says 15 days of lockdown 'won't be enough' to stop the coronavirus spread...
    [​IMG]
    S.G Jerome Adams

• As of Wednesday morning, there were 6,000 cases of coronvirus in the US and 115 had died
    He is urging Americans to stay at home where they can and to practice social distancing to flatten the curve
    • Adams said the situation would be 'reassessed' in 15 days time and that it was possible to make a difference

Except..

This was Tuesday in Times Square..tourists!
    [​IMG]

This was the beach in Florida..
    Spring Breakers!
    [​IMG]
    The only redeeming thing is that the virus has shown that while it can live for a few hours and up to 3 days on surfaces, the sun kills it within 10 minutes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-florida-beaches-ignore-social-distancing/

This video is in the link above... literally thousands on the beach..
    IMG_20200318_133843.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Breaking News:
    I just heard this on the radio and it's now been peer-reviewed...

They just did a study on patience and found....Hydroxychloriquin?? and chloraquin?? used to treat Malaria shows when used by infected patients eliminates the virus within six days!

. This is really promising because there is a huge supply it's been available since the war for soldiers returning with malaria... This would be wonderful if it stands..

Found a link discussing the drug..
    https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2...rus-covid19-drugs-malaria-research-treatments

James said: “When malaria gets inside a cell, if you change the pH with a drug like chloroquine phosphate, the malaria can’t live. The same goes for a virus like COVID-19. If you change the pH, the virus cannot assemble, and if it can’t assemble, it can’t infect you

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Breaking News:
    I just heard this on the radio and it's been peer-reviewed...

They just did a study on patience and found....Hydroxychloriquin?? and chloraquin?? used to treat Malaria shows when used by infected patients eliminates the virus within six days!

This is really promising because there is a huge supply, it's been available since the war for soldiers returning with malaria... Fingers crossed.

Edit: Found a link..
    https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2...rus-covid19-drugs-malaria-research-treatments

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This foul bitch right here..

[​IMG]

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've been thinking that a good way to eliminate supply hoarders would be to temporarily establish appointment shopping. People would call in and schedule an appointment time to get into the store, maybe 10 people in 15-minute blocks, that coupled with stores strictly enforce purchase limits. It would also eliminate lines because you wouldn't need to show up until your scheduled appointment.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Or they could just limit at the register and tell them sorry you can only buy two or 4.
    I mean, old people need toilet paper too, and they can't find it...it is just outrageous.
    She should be ashamed and embarrassed to hog that many in a time of toilet paper crisis.

One major Warehouse had two security guards in front of the toilet paper and they were giving each customer 2 packs..
    Also, there is a super market that has put the toilet paper behind customer service and you can only get one package. Though the supermarket worker told me that what was happening was, people were buying it and coming back in.

It is just absolute madness that these people do this.. obviously they're not going to be using all that toilet paper, so either they're selling it to price gouge, or they're just hoarding it and are going to return it when this is over...So stores should not take returns back for toilet paper.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's true but I was also thinking about the social distancing aspect. If you only have small numbers of people in the stores at the same time it will help to cut down on community spread.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that the Washington Post published this... But I give it credit for it.

(Will you defend China's Govt now, @andreboba ?)

This virus should be forever linked to the regime that facilitated its spread

[​IMG]

Ruth Flavelle wears a mask and gloves as she enters a grocery store after waiting in line with more than 150 people on Tuesday 17 in Spring, Tex. (David J. Phillip/AP)

[​IMG]
    By
    Marc A. Thiessen
    Columnist
    March 17, 2020 at 1:47 p.m. EDT

Want to know why the U.S. economy is in free fall? Why restaurants and bars are closing, putting millions out of work, and why the airline industry is facing possible bankruptcy?

Why schools across the nation are shutting down, leaving students to fall behind and parents without safe places to send their children everyday?

Why the stock market is plummeting, wiping out the retirement and college savings of millions of Americans?

Why the elderly are isolated in nursing homes and tens of millions who don’t have the option of teleworking have no idea how they will pay their bills?

Answer: Because China is a brutal totalitarian dictatorship.

We are in the midst of a pandemic lockdown today because the Chinese Communist regime cared more about suppressing information than suppressing a virus.

Doctors in Wuhan knew in December that the coronavirus was capable of human-to-human transmission because medical workers were getting sick. But as late as Jan. 15, the head of China’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention declared on state television that “the risk of human-to-human transmission is low.”

On Jan. 18, weeks after President Xi Jinping had taken charge of the response, authorities allowed a Lunar New Year banquet to go forward in Wuhan where tens of thousands of families shared food — and then let millions travel out of Wuhan, allowing the disease to spread across the world.

It was not until Jan. 23 that the Chinese government enacted a quarantine in Wuhan....

More....
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-why-were-here/#click=https://t.co/Uw0Ij7TCMo

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

When you call COVID-19 the 'China virus'', most people aren't making a distinction between the Chinese people and the Chinese government.
    It's the same mentality as Rudy Giuliani refusing to go to Chinese restaurants; the virus and the Chinese people aren't related.

Anyway, Trump admitted he started calling the coronavirus the Chinese virus because initially the Chinese government blamed the USA for the spread of the virus.
    Everything is about being petty and retribution with Trump. never big picture and how the shit that spews from his mouth affects other people.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes, though it's strange how the fear of the virus people have goes out the window at the supermarket.

Target, and others, and many supermarkets have allotted two hours in the morning on certain days only for the elderly and disabled and anyone who has immunity issues to shop, and it's closed to the rest of the public. I think it's wonderful.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It's sooo funny that you don't have any shit talk for the President of China, right?

Or the fact that he has banned American journalists and kicked them out of China, right?

Or the fact that he tried to blame our incredible military for starting this virus, right?

Or the fact that even the Chinese were initially calling it The Wuhan virus.

Or the fact that you're apologist liberal comrades were calling it The Wuhan Virus.

Do you know that four Chinese journalists that were reporting on it have gone missing, and the one 34 yr old healthy doctor that was speaking out about it who discovered it, mysteriously "died" from it.

Keep defending that Communist Regime that's hell-bent on destroying the United States at the cost of even a fees thousand of their own citizens.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The ironic thing about the anti-Chinese sentiment is that nobody is shopping at my local Asian market and they have fully stocked shelves. I found hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol there.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I have read that tip on social media that if you want product go to the Chinese markets.

Truth be told, is very difficult for me to go into many of those markets in my city because they have a lot of bloodied dead animal corpses on hooks, and if you go into the seafood section, there's so much filthy gray and redish pools of water and a disgusting stench.... Have at it.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wait.......what? The Asian market I went to looks like a Trader Joe's except with more rice and daikon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not in my city. No way, lol. Next time I'm near them I'll take photos and you'll see. (The awful smell l can't help you with.)

Granted, obviously have not been to all of them, but I've been to a few of them, in particular because I eat tofu and it's inexpensive. But I stopped buying from them a couple of months ago because even the tofu, or the Seitan rather, made me ill.

I'm sure in the more richer areas they're nicer.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think Big Ron closed Florida down. People usually bar hop all day in South Florida 7 days a week. Today you couldn't even sit in Starbucks. Everything has to be taken to go. The beaches are closed in South Florida but I know Clearwater beach in Tampa was just jumping monday.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List