Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

CPRead~2.jpg :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh Andreboba... The President's Wuhan virus test came back negative. Do you need a hug?

Oh wait, you're isolating under the bed, sorry. :D

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

She did, and she was happy to see it! ;)

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, I had completely forgot that was his signature post until his post today. Ahh, the memories, lol.

6. Tamstrong

Yep. There have been posts over the last few years that made me think 'Where the heck are Tony & Colin when you need 'em?'. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh, that's hilarious. :D

P$: l saw the Lovely Christine D logged in today! Another BFTP.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'd thought I was being slick by going shopping at 4:30am, nope. Instead I'm watching a lady in pajamas cussing out a grocery store worker for not having enough water for sell.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Why can't people just buy a Brita water filter? Taps still work.

Better yet, anyone can go to Walmart or Whole Foods and buy those 1 or 5-gallon containers and fill them up with reverse osmosis water at 34 cents a gallon. (like l do)

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is a drill test by the NWO, aided and abetted by the mainstream media. We've been down this road countless of times, yet never have we so freely given up our free will to be free citizens.

As you can see, the yellow shirt protests in Paris have all but disappeared (and from the media), Venezuelan protesters too, the powerful Hong Kong protesters have disappeared, people are being arrested if caught going outside in Italy.

You cannot imprison a planet of people unless you break their will and their spirit by making them fear a pervasive invisible monster and convince them that the government are their saviors.

If you are a person that refuses to allow them to control your life, they will take your life from you. They will shut everything down around you so that you will be forced to do as they say, and when they decide you can be free again, they will let you know.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Tamstrong

From what I've heard so far, there's only one nearby school district who's planned any extra downtime due to the virus. They decided to take an extra couple of weeks off after their spring break to stay closed. We're out for spring break this week, but they're supposed to let us know if that changes. I hope it doesn't. I want the school year to finish out on a normal schedule, so the summer isn't jacked up. There's not much telling what they'll decide to do to make up the required number of school days. I feel for the parents with young children, because it's a lot to juggle right now.

Like everywhere else, the grocery and discount stores are filled with people scrambling for what little toilet paper there is to be found, and for whatever else they feel they need to hoard for this thing. Stores were packed after work on Friday when I did my shopping. One store did have a limit on packs of toilet paper per customer though, which is a good thing. I always plan my meals and make a shopping list, but there were a lot of groceries on my list this time that were nowhere to be found.

The virus situation has me a bit nervous and more careful, but I haven't been letting it affect me much. Stressing out never helps a situation, so I'm just going about my business as usual for the most part (I'm very careful about hand-washing and safety already). I made no plans to do any traveling or anything this week; a staycation is what I needed more than anything, so the plan for cozying up at home was evidently a good idea. The whole thing is scary (our inept government makes it even scarier), but all we can do is be careful and hope and pray for the best.

I don't know of anyone who's been diagnosed with the virus around here, but I doubt there's been a lot of testing happening for it either. For a lot of folks, going to the doctor to get tested (or for anything else) is a luxury most of them can't afford. People can't afford to go to the doctor (insurance or not), and they can't afford to miss work, so many are just screwed, especially if it's something serious like this. Of course, there are plenty of clueless assholes out there (typically coming from a place of privilege) who either don't care enough to think about the impact things have on others or who like to blame it on the people in that situation rather than on the screwed up system that created the problem. But I suppose that's just life in the good ol' US of A.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Keep treating this shit like it's a joke.
    The fatality rate for COVID-19 goes up when someone who needs medical attention and to be on a ventilator can't get it because there are no more hospital beds available.

There's a reason why Iran is digging mass graves and Italy has the entire country on lock down.

15. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I used to like it. Guess I’m antisocial like that. :D
    It also depends on what you study of course.

16. Madeleine

@sarah23 How's it on your end? You are under lockdown as well, right?

What can I say but #andratuttobene, like the Italians do.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My girl just spent $400 on can goods, frozen fruits and vegetables just in case this shit gets extra, extra. We have a very small kitchen. This shit's gonna be stacked up in the dining room. God, I have to get a bigger place. Fuuuuuuuuccccck. ...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Hi Madeleine.
    Yes, all France now is Lockdown. We must stay at home.
    I am not working now as everything is closed.
    In Swiss its same ?

19. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I’m in the military and I just got off work until Saturday. Can’t make any medical appointments either (unless it’s something of significance). I’m not complaining. Just fine layin low at the crib.

20. Madeleine

Everything’s closed but we aren’t yet forced to stay home, just recommended.