Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The last movie was Interstellar and that was lackluster.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't remember her being in a IR in that movie though.

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

She was David Gyasi's (Romilly) love interest

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not sure they were in a relationship, I didn't get any vibes from their interactions.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't remember that IR in "Interstellar" at all either.

6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

There was a rumor of that relationship happening in Interstellar and I made the mistake of posting about it on this site as if it was a sure thing. I ended up with egg on my face. Ever since I'm more cautious when it comes to that stuff. Relying on rumors from somewhere on the www is unproductive.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. JamalSpunky

Heartstrings
    Down from Dover

Shane Paul McGhie
    Holly Taylor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is another onscreen pairing I've been sitting on until I could more concretely confirm who the particulars are in the story. Now I can.

"Heartstrings" is the Dolly Parton produced Netflix series. Its another anthology, with each episode based on and titled after one of Parton's songs. This isn't to say that all the events are an account of true life events or that the actors playing the characters physically represent the people the songs were about. But the episodes do apparently represent the themes and storylines of those songs.

Here's the synopsis for the one that I listed:

"After being shunned by her pious widowed father, a pregnant teenager finds support at home for unwed mothers, where she hopes for the safe return of the young man she loves from the Vietnam War."

https://www.vitalthrills.com/2019/1...iler-previews-the-eight-dolly-parton-stories/

Holly Taylor, from the "Americans", is playing the pregnant teen Dee Covern. McGhie is playing her man Lincoln Dollarhyde.

With him being in Vietnam I don't know how much interaction on screen they will have. I bring this up only because of the people here who were smarting over Amazon's love anthology as a result of the black dude and white lady not walking off into the sunset holding hands. But this thread is not so much about the final results or screen time couples may get/share. It's purpose instead is to bring attention to any upcoming movie or TV pairings between black men and non-black females. Besides...this one appears to have an actual legitimate romance.

Trailer below where you can see a few clips from this story

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

This is Holly Taylor's second IR project as well as Shane's who you will remember from "Sacred Lies" last Fall. Good for them in gaining Netflix's attention. I hope them both continued success in promoting the IR lifestyle in their chosen thesbian careers!!

9. ColiBreh1

According to IMDB all the characters are in the finale, is that worth watching?

10. JamalSpunky

I saw that listing of names too. Don't know what to make of it because IMDB isn't always right when it comes to stuff like that. I have not seen a single episode of this show so I can't help you so far as whether it is worth taking a look at the finale. Sorry.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I hope they didn't downplay her and Hakim's relationship to a hook up because they actually had an affair that went on a while causing his wife to find out and call Jean's father to put an end to it. That was well known when reading her story. I hope they don't "Harriet" this and make up shit just to appeal to those against IR between bm/ww. It was already an affair. lol.

Looks good. I'm glad they added those 'Thriller' elements to it because reading this story it played out like that.

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

ABC's Same Time, Next Christmas premieres Thursday, Dec. 5th at 9 p.m. It will rebroadcast on Monday, Dec. 23rd at 8 p.m. as well as on Freeform as part of its "25 Days of Christmas" programming, according to Entertainment Weekly. You can also watch it via ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

The trailer is currently on Twitter.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope there's a flick about Inger Stevens.

15. JamalSpunky

Seed of Doubt

Paul James
    Sarah Utterback

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a small independent movie. The plot goes:

Melissa and Scott's dream home turns into a nightmare for the young couple when they take on new tenants to make ends meet. As Melissa descends into paranoia and delusion, they must fight to save their unborn child.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7285192/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Paul and Sarah play Scott and Melissa Henderson. No set date for its release and considering its an independent production that can always be tricky. Date could be at anytime and it'll probably be released on a streaming service. This movie only came under my detection because of the Netflix film "Soundtrack" that James is starring in.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. JamalSpunky

Venus As a Boy

Ty Hodges

Olivia Culpo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actress and influencer Olivia Culpo and Ty Hodges will star in Venus as a Boy, a romantic drama that was written and directed by Hodges.

The indie follows Hunter, a struggling street artist in Los Angeles who falls in love with Ruby, a high-powered social media influencer and model from New York, after a chance encounter. Before they know it, they’ve spent an entire weekend together, creating their own universe. It’s not until the harsh light of reality shines on their fantasy do they have to determine if they are actually right for each other. These two millennials navigate getting to know each other while dealing with identity, social influence and what it really means when you constantly live your life behind a lens.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/olivia-culpo-ty-hodges-venus-as-a-boy-movie-1202868317/

• List
  17. JamalSpunky

The Letter for the King

Amir Wilson
    Ruby Ashbourne Serkis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When Amir Wilson was cast I had no idea he would be the lead of this series. And what comes with the lead is a leading lady. The trailer below clearly indicates a romance between these two.

Yes, that is the daughter of Andy Serkis.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

That's a TV show? You sure it ain't movie?

19. JamalSpunky

Listed as a TV series on IMDB.

20. JamalSpunky

I've written in this thread that I was waiting on confirmation of certain relationships in upcoming films before I would post them. Well, one of those IR pairings has been confirmed thanks to a just dropped trailer.

The High Note

Kelvin Harrison Jr
    Dakota Johnson

upload_2020-2-28_23-52-45.jpeg

upload_2020-2-28_23-53-21.jpeg

The movie was originally called "Covers" (a much better name in my opinion) and if you check out the Deadline link below you can get a more specific breakdown of what the film is about.

Harrison was cast third after Johnson and Tracee Ellis so I knew he had a big role. I also saw a few shots of him on location with Dakota Johnson so I had my suspicions., especially since she and Harrison are close in age and there wasn't another guy on the cast list who was a more likely love interest.

The Deadline writeup doesn't have anything to say about Harrison's role (he wasn't cast at the time) , but you can get a sense of what he's going to be up to in the movie by looking at the trailer.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/dakota-johnson-tracee-ellis-ross-covers-focus-features-1202619089/