The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This looks pretty good!

2. darkcurry

lol. I knew this too I just thought you guys had no problem with it by your silence. lol.

Like I said I don't have a problem with it. It's how fast and WILLING they are to go for it when they have always been so reluctant any time else when it comes to them including black men in their diverse films. They have rarely been so quick and motivated to campaign black men in prominent roles in film and television any other time.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Daredevil season 4 is looking pretty good.

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

They want to make us the face of this bs.

Ikaris is the main Eternal, why not make him g**?

5. RicardoCooper

Good man

You sound like me and the pansexual Lando Calrissian. Still haven't seen "Solo" because of that nonsense

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

7. darkcurry

Stranger Things 4 | From Russia with love

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DC Celebrates 80 Years of GREEN LANTERN
    Press Release

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight.
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light.”

Since the first Green Lantern was introduced in All-American Comics #16 in May 1940 by artist Martin Nodell and writer Bill Finger, the Green Lanterns have been fan-favorite characters with millions of comic book fans. From that first ring-wielding Lantern to the latest, and every strong-willed Super Hero in-between, many have spoken the Green Lantern oath and pledged to defend their home sector from evils of every nature. Now, in 2020, this corps of extraterrestrial space police built up from all alien races and places are celebrating 80 years of keeping the DC universe safe

To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott, DC will be publishing Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 on May 20, 2020. Join us to see tales of all of the universe’s most legendary Green Lanterns: Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, plus appearances from other cosmic favorites.

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 is a prestige format comic book retailing for $9.99 and available at local comic retailers and digital retailers on May 20, 2020.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

The Black Widow vs Black Cannery is the only one I didn't like that much. The I didn't care for the way the fights were shot.

11. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

That's exactly what happened. They fucked badly by giving Robbie creative control over this movie.

She totally screwed up Harley Quinn's look because of some bullshit about wanting to "deconstruct the male gaze."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-birds-prey-deconstructs-male-gaze-1277232

This is coming from a woman who deliberately requested to go nude in Wolf of Wallstreet for greater effect in the scenes.

For the life of me, I will never understand these Hollywood idiots screwing up established franchises in order to make half-assed political statements.

They also fucked up by making it R-rated, so a lot of teens couldn't go, and the pissed off people who care about the source material.

Casting was terrible. There was no Barbara Gordon/Oracle. They ruined Cassandra Cain's character by making her a kid who can't even fight. There was no reason whatsoever for 60 year old Rosie Perez to be in a movie like this.

...and the entire premise was ridiculous because it didn't even make any sense whatsoever for Harley Quinn to be teamed up with BoP.

Hollywood is investor-driven. There's going to be a forced market correction at some point. In the past year alone, Charlie's Angels, Terminator Dark Fate and BoP were major failures that went out of their way to cater to this non-existent, uber feminist audience. There's also the failure of the "the force is female" incarnation of Star Wars.

At some point, they're going to get the message that they can't keep insulting the audience and have to produce what people want to see.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL

Damn

Rosie Perez?

*dead*

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Lol @ the male gaze stuff... Dudes in the theater like...
    [​IMG]

14. darkcurry

I don't get it. When was Harley Quinn ever on the list of comic book characters that male fans found sexually attractive in a way that could be considered a "male gaze". I mean she wasn't even that way in Suicide Squad. They just made shit up. lol.

I seen it yesterday and I don't agree it was as terrible as folks made it out to be but it was really bad. It made Suicide Squad look like a classic! I mean the plot made absolutely no sense. They tried to make it a male versus female movie. Even with the Colonizer line in BP Marvel didn't try to make it a black vs white movie to appease all those "woke" black people going to see it.

And I did not like what they did what The Huntress character. One of my favorites and they made her very cheap.
    [​IMG]

But again it must be pointed out that the audience is mostly male that STILL made up the majority of this film and I'am willing to bet also made up the majority of Terminator: Dark Fate. So can't blame men(even though they will and are).

15. RicardoCooper

I'm beginning to think that losses are covered from on high just to push the Luciferian elite agenda. People end up seeing even the worst flops. Plus the lion's share of this material isn't even geared towards adults, but impressionable kids who don't know what's even good yet. They're gonna force this shit down our throats whether we like it or not, no matter how much money they lose. All we have control over is whether we watch it or not. #pessimistic

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The visual effects are rather impressive for a tv-show, unfortunately, the writing on the show leaves a lot to be desired. It's like the writers of the show never watched TNG at all, the amount of contradictions to previous lore is substantial.

For example......
    • Television as a means of entertainment and information was supposed to have ended in the early 21st century (about now in the current timeline) Yet news networks and the old tropes of having TV's in store windows are still a thing.
    • Money and status through ownership of private property (homes, vehicles, businesses, etc.) is not supposed to exist on Earth anymore, yet in episode 2 Picards old first officer is giving him grief about the fact that he lives in a palatial villa and she can only afford to live in a Star Trek version of a trailer home, there is also a scene with a bunch of blue-collar maintenance workers who are griping about working on a holiday and eating shitty food (if there is no money why would anybody work a shitty blue-collar job?).
    • Humanity is supposed to have evolved past base-vices yet Picard's old first officer smokes some kind of space-weed out of a space-vape pen.
    • Star Trek had an acclaimed episode about the dodgy morality of creating artificial life to act as a "slave" force yet that's exactly what the federation does with its new synthetic people.
    • The show keeps acting as if Picard and Data were super-close best friends, but anyone who watched the show regularly knows at best they had a mentor/mentoree relationship.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree these ghouls love their money more than life it self. They're listening to some expert who points to social media trends as reasons to keep investing in these flops. They all think theyre one hit away from making a string of hits. They were right when it came to female lead properties like Hunger Games Twilight and even Divergent to some degree. Female lead but without the heavy male bashing undertones.

19. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Oh goddamn. I missed this.

As per fucking usual, they shove this shit onto a Black male character.

Brothers never got anywhere near women in any of the other MCU movies, but they can't wait to make a brother gay.

These motherfuckers won't shut up about "representation." They do realize that the vast majority of Black men are straight and "cis-gendered," right?

This is why I can't fucking stand these fake woke SJW types. They only care about tokenization and superficial representation.

I really have no hope for the MCU in phase 4 and 5. Now that Kevin Feige has full creative control, it seems like he's going to fuck this shit up for his agenda. Trying to replace Iron Man with Captain Marvel as the new lead character in the MCU is going to be suicide.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wait is that the plan? No thanks. Just like the rumor to replace Tchalla with Shuri. Again I say let them have it. I'll watch what brought me joy as the franchise flops.