BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Gay black men are all the rage on tv, here is another one.

The 0:57 mark hints at it, so I looked it up. The lead black guy is the gay college friend of the lady who was on The Walking Dead.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. hunterkil

hunterkil Member

Black gay is more acceptable more than black man with white woman like white man with black woman and really I don’t no why

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well I always liked dude he used to be on Angel and he's married to a woman so interesting to see him playing a gay dude.
    The agenda is clear as day and it's sad any attempt to bring it up is considered gay bashing. Smh

6. darkcurry

It looks to be more of an ensemble cast to me though judging by the trailer. I don't really have a problem with gay men or women on TV. I spoke about it before my only problem is what Chappelle have pointed out with the problems are. I have never seen them so determined about making black men a part of diversity in film than they are with certain types of black men. It seems to be turning it into a stereotype.

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

At this late date . . . we can only hope that the Duffer Brothers do what they surely should have an understanding of from the fans. I know that I have sent several tweets to the Stranger Things Writers about what the prior season was lacking via Max & Lucas . . . surely I wasn't alone.

I'm not sure how they could produce season #2 from the Fall of 1984 and entirely omit "Purple Rain"?? What high school Halloween party in Big Ten country wouldn't be playing Prince?? He was EVERYWHERE by then especially among the adolescent audience thru college kids. So I'm trying to be reasonable in my expectations but this last season was set in the Summer of 1985 and still not a single Prince song on the soundtrack? Was his estate not interested in doing business with Netflix?

Anyway let us hope for the best but prepare for the worst for Max & Lucas in the Spring of 1986 for " Stranger Things #4" because they are really the most prominent teen IR couple in the game (sad to say lol) as this new decade approaches. I'm hopeful for more episodes overall and a plot plausible, age appropriate romantic plot line in particular for the Max & Lucas.

8. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Black males in GLBT is more safe than straight Black men.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

I'm surprised there's no Prince music in Summer 85. Wished they included other Black hits in that period.

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

One need not be an 80's culture expert either lol to understand how huge Prince was by the Fall of 1984 when "Stranger Things #2" was taking place in Middle America. By last season I had reasonable expectations of rap music and R&B for Summer 1985 in "Stranger Things #3". Not an ass if it but some sampling here and there . . . they did get an obscure song from Teena Marie which even I had to look up (my musical memory of early 80's R&B is superb thanks in part to the trauma of my parent's marital dissolution).

You are correct though that they virtually omitted any iconic 80's Black radio hits from the series when Fall 1984 thru Summer 1985 had an ASS of them to select from among . . . many of which went mainstream due to overwhelming demand from White consumers. It's like the Duffers really don't think its important to have more than a license from Madonna . . . they surely could afford to throw some Netflix $$$ at Prince's estate to fill out the 1980's soundtrack of "Stranger Things #2" and "Stranger Things #3" because it is just not the mid 80's without him, Madonna and Michael.

No Prince in the Spring of 1986 where "Stranger Things #4" seems likely to take place means no "Kiss" or likely any other R&B #1 hits of the year (SMDH). All we can do is hope lol. I can envision Lucas serenading Max with a lip sync as they steal away to his furnished basement to watch the Donnie Simpson show on BET though :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Soulthinker

BET was the bomb in that era.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

I just got done watching the series finale of "Power". They had some post-end credits clips. that were sneak peeks to promote upcoming spinoffs. 1 of them was this flashback scene to when Ghost, Tommy, & Angela were teens in the 90's:

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Pass on anything "Power" related.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. The Dark King

Worst ending in awhile
    And off the top Tasha is the embodiment of a no good opportunist ungrateful piece of shit.
    When you look at the whole story in total all dude wanted to do was leave the dangerous ass drug game alone but that wasn't something she wanted so dude ended up with a woman who supported his legit lifestyle. He still wanted to take care of his kids and Tasha but she was all butthurt that he evolved and she didn't. Every time they called dude selfish I'm like are we watching the same show. He covered up a murder for his shitty ungrateful son who got his daughters killed. He saved Tommy even when they were beefing he took care of Tasha's annoying as mom. Where was the selfishness? Because dude wanted a life not filled with murder and drugs?
    Smh

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

I wonder who's playing Angela's sister in this spin-off.

16. ColiBreh1

17. *Ghost voice*

"NOOOOOOOOO!!! FUCK!!!!"

18. darkcurry

I watched the two first episodes and it really also fell off as far as the writing goes and not just the IR. BTW I saw what they decided to do with the Jackson character and this is it...

They gave him a friend name Viv that could turn into something more next season

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/strongblacklead/status/1220768194731769856

[​IMG]

He's basically an off to the side character and people were complaining about how little time he got and the bad luck they gave him this season.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. The Dark King

I get he needs a check but damn smh.

20. ColiBreh1

Yeesh.

LMAO at Netflix promoting this as #StrongBlackLead

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1