The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Trying to watch the latest episode of Legacies and I can't get through this shit. The entire episode is about making her love interest weak so she can be strong. Is this what viewers want now? Men who grovel and have taken on the feminine role. The women save them.and they drone on and on about how amazing the women are? Who is this for?

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Raf has been sidelined once again by the writers of this show.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This. I meant to mention that Raf hasn't been in a episode in a while.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's Landon. He's soft. Which is one of the reasons why most of the fans don't like her with him. They're not listening at least at the moment. My theory was I think they purposely took Raf off air these past episodes to make that crowd go away because they do be flooding their page(lol). Letting us know that they had no intention on it being a ship between them two just a tease. So we could see a fight to the death where someone(more than likely Raf) gets killed off.

I did notice they got MG going Lizzie to Kym to Alyssa. They have him all over the place. It is a mess right now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Isn’t this what normally happens on CW shows?

6. The Dark King

The dialogue is so bad like dude uses the words "she's so awesome and I'm so me" they would never let a female degrade herself to elevate a male character. Again who is the audience that enjoys that and why is that being centered.
    They also have made all masculinity in the men of color non existent. As others mention Raf is gone the long haired dude went from the kind of vamp who fed on cheerleaders to the 2020 version of token who has says shit like whoop there it is.
    Then poor MG finally gets some kind of love arc but the chick leaves since when do girls leave the Vampire because it's too dangerous? The entire vampire diaries originals story is littered with humans who can't resist vampire charm except for this time.
    I'm tapping out till it's on Netflix maybe it'll get better

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. meowkittenmeow

I have zero faith in the CW, so, it’s a pass for me.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Super Bowl spot.

10. SilverSmith

11. The Dark King

Looking forward to both damn

12. SilverSmith

13. meowkittenmeow

Shouldn’t this be in the star wars thread?

14. SilverSmith

Birds of Prey Crashes @ The Box Office[​IMG]

02/08/2020

Despite strong critical and audience reception, Warner Bros./DC’s “Birds of Prey” is proving not to be the February box office success industry observers had hoped.

After grossing $13 million on Friday from 4,236 screens, the film is now estimated to earn an opening weekend of $34 million, which would be the lowest start for a DC Comics adaptation since the $5.3 million opening of the box office bomb Jonah Hex in 2010.

Article

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. The Dark King

I wonder how many flops before they finally get women as a whole don't support these kinds of films

16. darkcurry

I'm still going to go see it some time this month.

That's interesting. And I'm sure some will try and blame it on the men. But I'm interested in seeing what the male ratio that are going to go see it is. I think even though it's not living up to box office expectations that there are more men going to go see it than women.

A lot of the people I see online that enjoyed it are mainly men.

17. ColiBreh1

If someone was to ask me if they should get into "Legacies", I would straight up tell them to get into "The Vampire Diaries" instead. Those first 3 seasons of TVD were among the best seasons of any show in CW history. They absolutely SHIT on "Legacies", probably because Kevin Williamson was the actual Showrunner back than on the first 2 seasons.

18. ColiBreh1

19. darkcurry

As far as the film being anti-male since I follow Margot Robbie she wasn't promoting it that way
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...y-remained-a-terrible-person-in-birds-of-prey

Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't get the feel of this being promoted as anti-male. I will be going to see it this upcoming weekend.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think people are over-thinking why Birds of Prey flopped. The movie doesn't look good visually and it doesn't pass the horny fanboy test.

The cinematography makes everything look grimey which probably turned off casual moviegoers. And the cast looks like what you'd find stumbling out of a seedy lesbian bar at 2:00 in the morning.

It's unfair to say this, but unless a female-lead action movie has attractive women in it (Wonder Woman) or it's part of a larger storyline (Captain Marvel) a lot of men and women will probably pass. After all nerd boys, aren't jerking off to these rough-looking "birds" and girl nerds aren't dressing like them for Halloween or as "sexy" cosplay.