Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Jan 26, 2020.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sunday, January 26th

Legendary NBA player Kobe Bryant has died in a California helicopter crash, a report said Sunday.

He was 41.

Bryant was among at least four people traveling in his private helicopter over Calabasas when a fire broke out, sending the chopper spiraling from the sky.

There were no survivors, and the cause of the crash is under investigation, according to TMZ.

Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, was not among those aboard the chopper, according to the report.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-reportedly-killed-in-california-helicopter-crash/

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I was just logging in to post about this. Tragedy for real...

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Oh my God.

Was he piloting the helicopter??

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Crazy thing is...I haven't seen ESPN report on this at all yet. They're still showing commercials during the Pro Bowl.

Edit: Okay they finally confirmed it. This is real y'all. So sad.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

OMG. I just heard!!! In Calabasas. 5 on board killed. This is insane!!
    R.IP.!!
    :(

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I just heard a network reporter speculate that four of his kids may have been aboard with him. Let's all hope and pray that just a terrible rumor.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm hearing the opposite that Vanessa or his kids were not on board.

Seriously though, you work your whole life so hard to retire and enjoy it at a young age and just like that, gone. This is like when Phillies Doc Halliday's glider went down. So frikkin young. So unfair.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Good. I like your version much better (even though four other people are still gone).

This is another perfect reminder to make the most of each day! Don't sweat the small stuff, and keep letting your important people know they're important to you.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Haunting Irony...

LAST NIGHT:

PHILADELPHIA: With a tribute to Kobe Bryant written on his Nikes, LeBron James moved past the retired Los Angeles great for third place on the NBA’s career scoring list, scoring 29 points in the Lakers’ 108-91 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.

James scribbled “Mamba 4 Life” as he chased Bryant, the five-time champion, in Philly. James scored the milestone basket with 7:23 left in the third quarter. James entered 18 points shy of passing Bryant, and the layup gave him 33,644 points. James stands third with 33,655. Bryant finished his career with 33,643, all with the Lakers.

“Continuing to move the game forward (at)KingJames. Much respect my brother (hash)33644,” Bryant tweeted.

James waved to the Philadelphia crowd that gave him a rousing standing ovation when the mark was announced by the public address announcer. The Sixers also posted a graphic of the NBA’s top 10 career scorers.

:(

10. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Incredibly sad. I'm in a state of disbelief and a loss for words.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

13. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Kobe was in the helicopter accompanied by his daughter Gianna, another parent and a childhood friend/teammate of Gianna, in addition to the pilot. 5 total casualties.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They said Rick Fox was on the same flight.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I've had ESPN on in the background. I've never heard so many sports reporters get choked up on air.

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My local sports hosts are the same. They knew him. They are tearing up. Speaking with gut-wrenching emotions. As you know, Kobe was a huge Eagles fan and he was born here. Everyone is in shock.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Some tributes..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Respect, salute, R.I.P to the family man and his daughter..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Tweet..

[​IMG]