Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You do realize this meme inadvertently reinforces the stereotype that having a gun is linked to feelings of "manliness" which is what anti-gun activists have been using as an insult to gun owners for years.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The VA has multiple gun shows every year where random nobodys can buy guns without background checks. Cash and carry as many as you can.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm good with all of those laws except for the villainization of Ar-15's. It's always the people who know less about guns that want to ban them.

The best weapon for you is the weapon you shoot the most accurate with. End of story.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lefty logic:

Most people that run from the police wear Nike, so lets ban Nike. The other shoes are fine for now.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This is why the Adidas Superstar will always be superior to Nike

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Assault rifle ban reduced mass shootings what do you make of that data?

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Did it reduce homicides?

If you're going to kill me is it a favor that I get to chose the method?

You like glocks that can hold 17 rounds. Is it worth it to restrict my rights just so a mass shooter can carry more magazines?

Why can't you be happy with your own blue state?

Why do you think it's your business what we do in Florida? If you're too good to come here, fine, just stay the fuck out of our politics and laws, that's all we want.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How do you want to saw Florida off and can't even leave us the fuck alone? Which one is it? Force your will on us or saw us off?? Cognitive dissonance anyone??

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Which types of firearms are most commonly used in gun murders in the U.S.?

In 2017, handguns were involved in the majority (64%) of the 10,982 U.S. gun murders and non-negligent manslaughters for which data is available, according to the FBI. Rifles – the category that includes many guns that are sometimes referred to as “assault weapons”– were involved in 4%. Shotguns were involved in 2%. The remainder of gun homicides and non-negligent manslaughters (30%) involved firearms that were classified as “other guns or type not stated.”

So lets ban handguns then.......

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Look we aren't 5 year olds. Each state has unique issues and we vote locally and can solve our own damn problems.

We also have a good governor that has both dems and repubs happy right now.

The issue with people is that they don't understand the concept of like minds. I see it all the time. Example christians in Atheist social media groups when they are clearly not respected or wanted. Why is it so hard to get with like minds and leave everyone else to make their own decisions??

10. The Dark King

For one fuck the state's right narrative there would still be Jim Crow if we played that game.
    Secondly we live in a democracy where the majority wants background checks and a reduction in assault rifles.
    Do you want to stop living in a democracy?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Jim crow is a moral issue, this isn't. If it is then ban handguns too. there is your logic.

We can agree to disagree so why can't you leave us the fuck alone?

Saw us off or force your will, which one is it?

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Secondly Jim crow was against our constitutional rights. Fuck outta here.

13. The Dark King

Fine then we should have kept slavery again state rights
    And to your other point again we live in a democracy majority rules if most people want a ban that's all she wrote

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

First of all in any organization all problems are handled at the lowest level first.(if possible) In government that would be city then state. It's just when people get into politics they throw out any notion of common sense.

As I said we can handle our own, we vote locally. Last time I checked that is democracy.

And Hear this we have a governor that makes BOTH sides happy. Impossible for a far lefty to do. Last thing we need is the federal government handling a problem that we can handle at the lowest level, just like all other groups do.

Just like weed. Let the states handle that, it isn't a moral issue.

If it's a moral issue not even the sovereignty of a independent country should be respected. If you wouldn't invade a country for this issue then let us handle it locally. Nah you like drama too much, misery loves company.

For us not to be good enough for you, you are sure on our nuts hard, damn....

15. The Dark King

We share the same space stop acting you're on an island by yourself. Just because you're not going to shoot up a public place doesn't mean the next dude won't. We shouldn't all be held hostage so some of you can get off unloading rounds waiting to fight back against your imaginary threats. This government tyranny you all act like you can stop has a professional military and drones whatever threat you think you're gonna stop is in your fantasy. Just be honest and say I want my toys and I could care less what school filled with children has to suffer for me to have it. That would be far more accurate.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

When did I make that argument?

You are just lazy and tired.

LOL

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If we can agree there is more way to solve a problem then who are you to tell us what to do?

We do not share the same culture.

We do not share the same space. You don't even come here ever remember.

All we have in common is an imaginary line and a federal budget. Lets try to at least handle that properly.

18. The Dark King

What you said is the literal argument southerners used for slavery.
    When we start having to use slave time rhetoric to move the conversation we've gone too far for me to follow. God speed

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So what. Liars, deceivers, and con men use arguments that would be otherwise valid if they weren't actually liars. How do you think they are often successful?

The best crooks are the best salesmen.

If we were less than human which was the assumption, that would have been a valid argument. So you aren't saying anything.

Just admit that you are salty that I can buy an Ar-15 and your shitty government won't even let you have a 8 round magazine for your glock. Now you are saying fuck everyone else because you can't have what you want.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member